Week 6 JR/ SR picks

Marie

Marie - they are making it up as they go along. Since the bylaws are so open ended, they hand out punishment as they see fit.

They also have different standards for different teams. They set precedent and then don't follow suit with other teams.

Good thing for them they aren't an employer or business. They would be in big time trouble!

I've served on several nonprofit boards and none operate the way this one does. They hold meetings and do not include all the board members. They don't establish a quorum before taking votes.... The list goes on and on....

Some simple things would have prevented this situation:

1. Official game film (not clips of a game and an assertion that a rule was broken)

2. A document stating the violation, punishment and the date said punishment starts. The document should be signed by all parties involved.

These two things would have prevented this whole fiasco.

If it were up to me Bmt would join another league. I hope they will consider this.

The decisions have been made and our kids saw last night that we will miss our head coach. We also found out that it takes hard work to be successful. No excue we lost and we will learn from that loss. Every year before a big game there some type of distraction but were ok. The STJFL didnt relay any thing to the coaches, we just found out who our intrem coach was yesterday.LOL

Actions of All adults affect kids is the quote you as a board member are using, so i will take this and run with it.

1. Ok you got your guy that part is over with, please explain to me why take the win from the kids? All you have done is poisioned the playoffs by giving wins to teams that were not prepared by their coach. This goes for both the Junior and Senior Level.

2. In your By Laws there is a few words in Article II Section II, that states the STJFL will not descriminate against a players ability. By punishing these kids for all the hard work they have done you are doing just that.

3. What is your take that on 50+ different times the STJFL has had teams not even score a single point in a game? To make is even more simple everyone sees what the STJFL does to a team that works hard, what are you as a board member doing to help with that?

You got on this public forum and made the statement "Actions of all adults affect kids" so please explain your actions because according to By Laws I am a member of the STJFL and should have a right to ask these questions. I predict you will hide behind some lamb excuse to blame the coach, I know he was in the wrong and this is not about the coach it is about the KIDS. Thanks for taking the time to answer these 3 simple questions.

Get with your association STJFL board of Directors Representative (Board is made from members of 12 individual schools) and they can help you or let you know the next open meeting location.

Why get second hand information???