Baytown, BH, Dayton, Crosby Junior High District

John Blutarsky

I haven't been able to get a score as of yet.  The BYT Jr B team was an hour late to the game and only played 2 6 minute halves.  From what I am hearing the score board wasn't working during the A team game but HJS won pretty bad.  Just haven't been able to nail down a score yet.

Thanks,  I'm going to try to keep track of the standings as best I can for both 8A and 7B but it 's hard to get info on all the games especially from the other baytown schools. We could use a few more baytown folks on here.

8A

Standings                                            Scores

Gentry             1-0-0                             Gentry 39 BH South 28

Highlands        1-0-0                             Highlands __ (W) Bay Jr__(L) Need Score

BH North         1-0-0                             Crosby 38 Cedar Bayou 0

Crosby            1-0-0                              BH North 44 Horace Mann 0

Dayton             0-0-0                             Dayton  Bye

BH South         0-1-0

Baytown Jr       0-1-0

Cedar Bayou    0-1-0

Horace Mann   0-1-0 

8B

Standings                              Scores

Gentry            1-0-0                         Gentry 19 BH South 6?

Baytown Jr     1-0-0                         Bay Jr 20 Highlands 0

Horace Mann 1-0-0                         Crosby __ Cedar Bayou __ Need Score

Crosby            0-0-0?                      Horace Mann 12 BH North 8

Dayton            0-0-0                        Dayton Bye

Cedar Bayou  0-0-0?

Highlands       0-1-0

BH South        0-1-0

BH North         0-1-0

7A

Standings                                        Scores

Gentry                 1-0-0                               Gentry 41 BH South 6

Horace Mann      1-0-0                               Highlands 6 Bay Jr 6

Highlands            0-0-1                               Crosby __ Cedar Bayou __ Need Score

Baytown Jr          0-0-1                               Horace Mann 20 BH North 7

Dayton                 0-0-0                               Dayton Bye

Cedar Bayou       0-0-0?

Crosby                 0-0-0?

BH South             0-1-0

BH North              0-1-0

7B

Standings                                                           Scores

Gentry            1-0-0                                             Gentry 21 BH South 6

Highlands       1-0-0                                             Highlands 6 Bay Jr 0

Horace Mann  0-0-1                                            Horace Mann 6 BH North 6

BH North         0-0-1                                            Crosby__ Cedar Bayou__ Need Score

Dayton            0-0-0                                            Dayton Bye

Crosby            0-0-0?

Cedar Bayou  0-0-0?

BH South        0-1-0

Baytown Jr     0-1-0

Where the coaches giving him a hard time? Which ones?

Coaches on both sides seemed to behave themselves.  The ref blamed it on the fans.  He asked the BH coach to kick all the fans out and but that isn't the coach's job.  He should of gotten the administrator for the game if it was out of control.  I thought the yelling was actually reasonably tame.  The reffing was about what I expect at many junior high games which are hard games to call due to sloppy play.  He may of just had a bad day before showing up to coach.  I think he was the one that was late to the B game to begin with.

Coaches on both sides seemed to behave themselves.  The ref blamed it on the fans.  He asked the BH coach to kick all the fans out and but that isn't the coach's job.  He should of gotten the administrator for the game if it was out of control.  I thought the yelling was actually reasonably tame.  The reffing was about what I expect at many junior high games which are hard games to call due to sloppy play.  He may of just had a bad day before showing up to coach.  I think he was the one that was late to the B game to begin with.RAll the fan

Kick out al the fans? That's a little extreme. I got to be honest with ya. I've always enjoyed it anytime one of my son's teams beats a BH team because your fans can be quite loud and .......well let's say feisty. But I've never heard anything that warranted kicking anybody out much less the entire stands. To me it's all part of the fun as long as it doesn't cross the line. Sounds like the ref needs to grow some thicker skin or learn to have selective hearing. A couple years of marriage ought to do the trick lol. Or, like you said, maybe he was having a bad day.

The two big backs from Gentry are at Highlands now from what I was told. Watch out for Highlands if thats true.

My son is friends with #24 from Gentry last year(I don't mention names until high school), and he also told me that he transferred to Highlands. Don't know about #25 which was the other back but #24 which was the beast of the two does go to Highlands now.