Dayton@Channelview

Playoffs bring differant match-ups,that was the point I was implying.What you did/didn't do in pre-season/dist doesn't carry near the weight(for as polls/pollsters) as finishing. esp w/a great core group coming back.In 2011 LaMarque had to have Tx City beat a team for the Cougars to grab that 4th playoff spot=trip to Jerry world  5 weeks later vs Aledo.And yes LaMarque hung w/em the 1st half=29-27 Aledo

Playoffs bring differant match-ups,that was the point I was implying.What you did/didn't do in pre-season/dist doesn't carry near the weight(for as polls/pollsters) as finishing. esp w/a great core group coming back.In 2011 LaMarque had to have Tx City beat a team for the Cougars to grab that 4th playoff spot=trip to Jerry world 5 weeks later vs Aledo.And yes LaMarque hung w/em the 1st half=29-27 Aledo

I believe LM played Aledo in 2010 got beat 69-34. Lamarque played in a district that year that had all four teams play for the regional championship I believe. Probably top to bottom one of the best districts in the state.

I believe LM played Aledo in 2010 got beat 69-34. Lamarque played in a district that year that had all four teams play for the regional championship I believe. Probably top to bottom one of the best districts in the state.

Dawson actually lost in the third round but you are correct Pride. Friendswood lost in the semis, La Marque and Manvel played in the quarters. District had teams go 3,4,5, and 6 rounds deep. I guess that 8 catch and 3td performance for McBride clouded things up. Without him the qb numbers would have been something like 6-20 for 80 yards. Since Dayton only lost by 1 point though, you have to excuse the 1300 rushing yards they would've given up in the next 3 games and realize y'all were only going to lose to Aledo by one less than Brenham did.

Time fly's you're right,I was thinking Jak was a sr in 2011 & not fully recovered from the broke leg,so Ryan McBride was the go to back that LaMarque keyed on when they beat us I believe 22-3.

Time fly's you're right,I was thinking Jak was a sr in 2011 & not fully recovered from the broke leg,so Ryan McBride was the go to back that LaMarque keyed on when they beat us I believe 22-3.

yeah Dayton's defense was stout that year. Should have been dayton 3-0 at halftime but LM threw up a deep post into triple coverage and what should have been an int turned into LM only scoring drive of the first half. Delesbour would have made a huge difference in that game. Shoot it was still only 9-3 going into the 4th and LM was finally able to put up a few scoring drives on a worn out dayton d. Rippowski and Wright where both on that team. Ripp got him a sugar bowl ring last year with Oklahoma. Joe Duff was also on that team. Kid was a tackling machine. Had some hitters on that team.

yeah Dayton's defense was stout that year. Should have been dayton 3-0 at halftime but LM threw up a deep post into triple coverage and what should have been an int turned into LM only scoring drive of the first half. Delesbour would have made a huge difference in that game. Shoot it was still only 9-3 going into the 4th and LM was finally able to put up a few scoring drives on a worn out dayton d. Rippowski and Wright where both on that team. Ripp got him a sugar bowl ring last year with Oklahoma. Joe Duff was also on that team. Kid was a tackling machine. Had some hitters on that team.

Darrian Wright got him a ring in Hawaii in the hula bowl.Joe was 1 dedicated tackling machine.I buy fish all the time from his mom(fish mkt by the river)Rip is the starting TE this yr I'm told.

Darrian Wright got him a ring in Hawaii in the hula bowl.Joe was 1 dedicated tackling machine.I buy fish all the time from his mom(fish mkt by the river)Rip is the starting TE this yr I'm told.

nothing wrong with a free trip to Hawaii and coming away with a bowl ring. 3 ex broncos with bowl wins the last 2 years. Not to shabby.

Dawson actually lost in the third round but you are correct Pride. Friendswood lost in the semis, La Marque and Manvel played in the quarters. District had teams go 3,4,5, and 6 rounds deep. I guess that 8 catch and 3td performance for McBride clouded things up. Without him the qb numbers would have been something like 6-20 for 80 yards. Since Dayton only lost by 1 point though, you have to excuse the 1300 rushing yards they would've given up in the next 3 games and realize y'all were only going to lose to Aledo by one less than Brenham did.

And what would Crosby have if you take away their best players stats??... come on man.

And what would Crosby have if you take away their best players stats??... come on man.

Depends on who you think the best player is. Our most highly recruited player actually didn't even play against Dayton and Crosby still rolled up 617 yards of offense. If you think it's the rb, then the qb probably would've had more than the 2300+ yards and 31 tds he threw for while the receiver put up even better numbers than the 4 catches for 96 yards and 2tds he averaged. If you think it's the qb then the rb would've had over 3k rushing yards instead of the 2701 he put up. All I'm saying is Dayton didn't have a second option last year nor could they run the ball to supplement the bubble screen and slant, if they're depending on McBride to carry them again it could be tough sledding given his injury history.

I'm just saying you've got a history of taking away big plays and big players when discussing football and it doesn't make sense. You're out of your mind if you think qb Walter is near as dangerous throwing the ball minus his stud rb brother in the backfield with him. No biggie though. Gonna be another fun one this year when Crosby and Dayton go at it.

I'm just saying you've got a history of taking away big plays and big players when discussing football and it doesn't make sense. You're out of your mind if you think qb Walter is near as dangerous throwing the ball minus his stud rb brother in the backfield with him. No biggie though. Gonna be another fun one this year when Crosby and Dayton go at it.

What you don't realize is that most of Aston's yards were accumulated in the first half of games except for SC and Elgin. The kid had a 31/3 td to pick ratio and completed about 65% of his passes. Kellen Haynes threw for over 4000 yards at Crosby with little to no run game, Aston would've also had even bigger passing and rushing numbers if his brother wasn't there. He was also doing this with his #1 target missing a third of the season with an injury. Dayton had more ints than td passes and most games completed below 50% of their attempts. I wonder what you'll say this year when Cotton's numbers are the same or better than Aston's last year? Go look at who Riordan has coached, ALL of his qbs put up big numbers and he's had kids rush for 2k yards before with a lot less talent than Austin. IJS, if Dayton hasn't developed a second act then relying on McBride to get 10 catches for 150 and 3 tds every game is risky.

Oh yeah, in case I forgot to tell you. We replaced our stud rb from last year with 3 studs this year, good luck stopping Crosby's run game when y'all come to town.

That's the thing. I'm not going to explain away a good performance. My point is, you have what you have and I don't need to toy with the "if you take x away" scenarios or minimize what Crosby's kids did in order to make the Broncos look better.... especially if we win. Crosby always has good athletes. .. as a high school sports fan, i'm glad they're getting noticed and seem to have a coach that is puttin them in spots to capitalize on their ability.

What you don't realize is that most of Aston's yards were accumulated in the first half of games except for SC and Elgin. The kid had a 31/3 td to pick ratio and completed about 65% of his passes. Kellen Haynes threw for over 4000 yards at Crosby with little to no run game, Aston would've also had even bigger passing and rushing numbers if his brother wasn't there. He was also doing this with his #1 target missing a third of the season with an injury. Dayton had more ints than td passes and most games completed below 50% of their attempts. I wonder what you'll say this year when Cotton's numbers are the same or better than Aston's last year? Go look at who Riordan has coached, ALL of his qbs put up big numbers and he's had kids rush for 2k yards before with a lot less talent than Austin. IJS, if Dayton hasn't developed a second act then relying on McBride to get 10 catches for 150 and 3 tds every game is risky.

Oh yeah, in case I forgot to tell you. We replaced our stud rb from last year with 3 studs this year, good luck stopping Crosby's run game when y'all come to town.

Dude if you think McBride is all we have keep dreaming!! I'm beginning to think you and HD 55 related or sit at the same cubicle and down talk Dayton every chance you get!! You keep harping about last year or years in the past!! I picked Crosby this week but I'm thinking about changing my pick!!

BTW Dayton by 21