Top Tennis Teams??

Guest Wildcat 08

Yes Matt Deavers did win the tournament and yes that does qualify him for Super 18's.  Right now if I am not mistaking that makes 3 supers in the beaumont area and five champs.  Sorry if I am wrong. 

High school tournaments are going to be hard this year if you are playing singles.  There are 16 players draws and you have Devers, Sagar, Boone, Lagato, Bug, Wehner, Carnley, Lane.  You have also have Nolan(HF), Jude Lane.  Just getting to the semis is going to be hard.  Good luck to everybody. :) :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Deaver is way out in front, but after him you have a large group of guys that are pretty close together. They will have to bring their A game to even make the semis. It should help make everybody better. They will have to play good tennis from the first match on, where in years past champ or super level players only got a decent match in the tournament finals.

This coming spring is going to be interesting. Boy's singles will be the deepest I have seen it in the last 15 years. I don't think any of the other events will have much depth.

Nice job Matt Deaver. Grant Lopez lost in the finals in 16's.

Spoke with Jorge today and he said that Grant played really well this weekend. He said he played some good players this weekend.  Boy's singles will be pretty deep this year, you are right about that. I think Deaver is quite a bit ahead of everyone locally in HS right now though and he is only a junior.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Matt Deavers did win the tournament and yes that does qualify him for Super 18's.  Right now if I am not mistaking that makes 3 supers in the beaumont area and five champs.  Sorry if I am wrong. 

High school tournaments are going to be hard this year if you are playing singles.  There are 16 players draws and you have Devers, Sagar, Boone, Lagato, Bug, Wehner, Carnley, Lane.  You have also have Nolan(HF), Jude Lane.  Just getting to the semis is going to be hard.  Good luck to everybody. :) :)

Don't forget Grant Lopez. he is gonna be the number 1 seed in the champ tourney in january where he only has to make the semis. and BUG made supers 16s last weekend in AUSTIN

• 3 months later...

bug, that really is sad that you have to boast yourself so much. people will find out on their own, don't worry.

maybe you would act a little differant if you were about 5"9 at least. who knows?

5'9''? hahahaha :D he'll never get passed 5'!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D it is funny how he talks about himself and he never even won a tournament this year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder