Top Tennis Teams??

Guest Wildcat 08

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in the Houston area, and they are going to play them again this weekend. Sadly, Carnley and Word can't beat any of Foster's top 3 doubles teams. They would play JV tennis if they wen't to school at Foster.

Ok.....and who are you "garsnare"?  I can say I'm NOT from Warren, but I agree that Word and Carnley are THE BEST doubles team in the area. Yes they have been beaten by Kelly, but any team can be beaten on any given day. Yes, they have played easy teams at some tournaments, but I would say they've played just as many good teams as they have bad. And as for this Houston area crap....DUH you are going to find better teams there, but who is to say Word and Carnley haven't improved? We will see who is doubting who once the state tournament rolls around.....Oh and by the way......."wen't" isn't a contraction..... ???

hey vetgurl, let's just say I'm a guy that knows alot about tennis. I've seen Carnley and Word play more than you have, and I know they are nothing special. Being the best team in this area doesn't mean much. The only player in this area who is good on a statewide level is Aranda from Kirbyville.

On the 2A level, the Warren guys are pretty good. They will qualify for state, and have a chance to win a match or 2. But until then, they haven't proven anything.

• 2 weeks later...

elite has most of the best players around here... excluding deaver minick and desai... but most of kellys team plays at brentwood... kelly had one of the best records this year... if your talking about the teams as a whole... they didnt win most of the singles titles.. those going to deaver but they did make it deep in almost every tournament and boone and wehner finished off the year not losing a match except for one in state.. so i'm thinking kelly has one of the best

yea, i got to see some of that practice, im not sure if "smoked them" is the word for it. needless to say Boone and Wehner were having an off day. also really neither of the pairs did that great in that practice due to the fact that the wind was ridiculous which definitely affected both of the pairs. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa