BISD student athletes charged for coverage

Here is a thought (for all schools) why not have players pay for all of their own uniforms, insurance, etc. After all, there are several groups (non athletic of course) that already have to do that. Then we can see who puts their money where their mouth is...EDUCATION FIRST....hence the "STUDENT" athlete. All the savings can go to new computer labs, higher teachers wages, etc.

After all, isn't that what most people are complaining about with BISD. They stole from the kids, depriving them of a good education....fire the admin, not the teachers, who provide the kids with an education....

I can't say for other districts, and I'm new to the High School football program as a parent (my son is just now a Freshman) but I know for Middle School, there were countless fund raisers every year to earn money for the athletics dept.  I can only assume that the same will happen for the High School. Time will tell.