A new era for BISD

Bigdog

Although 2 years with the new board will be great, it would be much better to have a 5 year term.  That would be helpful to ensure the culture is changed within the district and the community before open elections would be held again!!

By law, the BOM can only be in place for 2.  After that we will see if the district moves on or votes the same group of jokers back in again.  If that happens the TEA will be back in a few years.

Imo, as long as the riff raff is gone out of the administration building, I'm ok. The constant fighting and foolishness, hopefully isva thing of the past. Rest assured that our students wasn't the problem. And I'm just glad that the primary focus can be in them. I'm still steamed that they considered doing away with fine arts...

Imo, as long as the riff raff is gone out of the administration building, I'm ok. The constant fighting and foolishness, hopefully isva thing of the past. Rest assured that our students wasn't the problem. And I'm just glad that the primary focus can be in them. I'm still steamed that they considered doing away with fine arts...

I agree 100%. They have to be careful, the state pays them per student as well as attendance. They are going to have to figure out the cost of the program, and the cost of losing students to other districts if the programs are ended.