Race relations

stevenash

There is a pretty good book on the whole Rangers fiasco. I can't remember the name or the author but I believe I have a copy somewhere. I will see if I can find it or find the title at least online. As far as Hicks goes, I suppose he thought he could rescue the franchise. Ultimately, he couldn't but the franchise was sold at a bankruptcy auction for close to $600M as I recall. That price includes the debt which was being assumed by the Nolan Ryan group. The bankruptcy was originally forced when the Rangers defaulted on $525M in debt.

I sense that you seem to think any time I bring up "facts" like this, you are skeptical I am making things up. (However, I applaud your skepticism and believe being skeptical is a good thing.) Feel free to double check everything I have stated. Some of what I set forth (numbers) was done from memory but I know I am very close at the very least.

I won't comment on your post being primarily a deflection to President Obama because I know that's how the subject of Bush began in the first place.

You reference a question I didn't answer but I don't see a question. I think I see what you are asking. Again, I described Bush with an unflattering term. I never said that labeling of him was compassionate; I said I have compassion for him (difference). And I do. You stated that was a vitriolic statement and I responded who has vitriol for the mentally challenged.

Now as to the difference between my criticism the hundreds (maybe thousands) of statements you and one or two others make daily about Obama - well, there's your answer. Sometimes mere volume is telling. And the volume here suggests consummation.

TxHoops- Please locate and identify for me, anything I have said about Mr. Obama that qualifies as vitriol.  That is not much different than your suggestion that it was commonplace for me to "brag" about my financial status when the fact is that I ONCE stated that I paid more in taxes than some more highly educated folks that I knew( in the formal sense) earned.  Additionally, volume of criticism does NOT equate to vitriol, by any stretch of the imagination.  As for the compassion you hold for Mr. Bush, I can tell you that it is very well concealed.

TxHoops- Please locate and identify for me, anything I have said about Mr. Obama that qualifies as vitriol. That is not much different than your suggestion that it was commonplace for me to "brag" about my financial status when the fact is that I ONCE stated that I paid more in taxes than some more highly educated folks that I knew( in the formal sense) earned. Additionally, volume of criticism does NOT equate to vitriol, by any stretch of the imagination. As for the compassion you hold for Mr. Bush, I can tell you that it is very well concealed.

I refer you to 90 percent of the threads on this board. And again, you may disagree, but volume (at least the volume you have provided) is very, very telling.

Very, very telling is simply your interpretation.  I am highly unhappy with how the country is being operated( and I believe the most recent polls will solidly prove that I am not in the minority) and I believe that this country was organized in such a manner that it is an acceptable practice to voice ones concern as often as one feels the need.  Based on what you are implying, should one conclude you hate Smitty and me because your" volume" of responses is substantial? I am not going to conclude that because it is moronic to do so.  Regardless of how you spin it, volume does not indicate hatred or racism.   I have said nothing that is any worse than what you said about Bush being borderline retarded or Clarence Thomas being the worst Supreme Court judge in history.  You obviously believe they were  ill prepared for their jobs and those are my exact sentiments about the current President.

And that commentary is coming from someone who has made 22.9% more posts than I have.  Of course I have more posts on this subject because it is a lot more serious than Larry Bird, HJ, and gazing.  I guess I could go back and count the posts regarding weak scheduling and improper off season training that you have offered but I will pass because I am "compassionate" and have a high appreciation for opinion "diversity" and being "tolerant" of opposing viewpoints.

Sorry, but from an economic standpoint, you couldnt be more off base. And please dont bring up the sub prime mortgage debacle which turned into a terrible recession because the seeds for that debacle simply werent sown by Mr. Bush. If you dont mind, please tell me what actions Mr. Bush took that made him the worst President ever. Oh, and one more thing, much of Mr. Obamas legacy has yet to be realized from the "Affordable" ( joke) Health Care Act. I am betting it will do considerably more economic damage to the country in the future than it has already done. I, of course, am biased but I have no recollection of Bush telling anywhere near the number of lies in 8 years that his successor has in 6.

No matter how many times this is explained, it just won't sink in...smh.

Finally, I will address a point you made in the other thread (one of your favorite things to do - take a point from a post that irks you and start a new thread attempting to "call out" that person). I assumed you guys could add 2 and 2 to get 4. That is to say, he ran for governor in a state that was well on its way to becoming solid red. His father, whose name he bore, was and is immensely popular. Do you really give him the credit for his ascent in politics in this state? As for his presidency (for sure his initial election), I already gave my opinion in one of my initial posts.

And lighten up, Stevenash. I obviously offended you with my laughter comment. I didn't realize your skin was so thin or I wouldn't have made that joke. I do apologize for being directly offensive. I will try not to repeat that offense.H

Hmmmmm.........Our current POTUS was the candidate of choice of the radical left and was elected because of his African ethnic background.  This makes him bulletproof against criticism and has allowed the radical left to be very successful in getting a lot of their radical agenda pushed through,  Yes he gets to enjoy the perks of the office but he is really a front man for others.  Yes he absolutely agrees with and supports the radical left agenda.  That however is how he ascended to the throne without the help of a politically powerful father, but he had other more worthy and nobel mentors who helped him along the way like Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright among others.  Good thing that the education system here in the good ole USA has undereducated the populace for 40 or so years.  That has created, along with streams of underpriveldged aliens coming into the system, our current "bubble" of low information voters which..........Wallah!......produced the historic elections of 2008 & 2012 and the current state of affairs we find ourselve in!!!

November 4th 2008. The citizens of the United States elected Barrack Obama as the 44th president of the United States. If you pull up the you tube video and look at the crowd in Grant Park, Chicago ill, this crowd was not just made up of african americans. This crowd was mostly caucasian. This crowd had people from all walks of life. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Gay, Poor, Rich.......Untill Republicans become for all people, everthing they try to accomplish will fail! Believe it or not conservatives are not all right and everyone else all wrong!

November 4th 2008. The citizens of the United States elected Barrack Obama as the 44th president of the United States. If you pull up the you tube video and look at the crowd in Grant Park, Chicago ill, this crowd was not just made up of african americans. This crowd was mostly caucasian. This crowd had people from all walks of life. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Gay, Poor, Rich.......Untill Republicans become for all people, everthing they try to accomplish will fail! Believe it or not conservatives are not all right and everyone else all wrong!

True!  But neither are liberals all right and conservatives all wrong, but you would never know it listening to elected liberals and liberals in the media!!  It cuts both ways!!

PS....Low information voters come in all persuasions!!!

I find it so interesting that 'you people" always want to minimize. Our current president wasn't elected because of his color. Sensible people were tired of current regime. Like I've said before, the morning after the elections reminded me of that movie, "The Day The Earth Stood Still." But in this case, S.E.Texas and their cousins stood still. Because rest of the earth was rejoicing. 

Yall whine as much as yall say people want free stuff.

I find it so interesting that 'you people" always want to minimize. Our current president wasn't elected because of his color. Sensible people were tired of current regime. Like I've said before, the morning after the elections reminded me of that movie, "The Day The Earth Stood Still." But in this case, S.E.Texas and their cousins stood still. Because rest of the earth was rejoicing. 

Much of the earth was rejoicing...they are tired of a strong America...good point!

I know that you and I (and many others on this board) will never agree about politics, the state of the union, what is good for America and its citizens.  We could probably have a great conversation sitting beside a basketball court about the game and other less volitale subjects and I would walk away from the conversation with the feeling that you are a generally good person (and I am sure you are)!  We just have different points of view about what is good and right about how to govern this country.  I don't expect that you will change your views and I know that I am not changeing mine.  I will continue to vote my convictions and will probably be generally disappointed in the representation I receive from elected officials on both sides of the aisle. Doesn't mean that either wish harm on the other or we couldn't agree on other non political things in a social setting.

In all seriousness if Obama was elected because of low informed voter's then who was bush elected by. Or did voters make a switch from informed votes to low inform voters in the span of 4 years. and if a Republican take the white house in 2 years will the same voters be considered low inform voters. Or is Low inform a code world for people who don't think like me. SERIOUS QUESTION.