First Lady Would Be Proud...

smitty

The study stated that 60% of strong liberals don't often feel proud to be American.  Just wondering what Big Girl, the enlightened.chosen one, Pamfam, and Newtobie think of that statistic?

Why would I care I'm not a liberal 2nd I can careless about the 60% that funny feel proud to be American. They have freedom to leave. Just like all the folks in the south were talking secession.

I cant say that I am always proud. Wars for profit against inanimate objections. The total lack of regard for the poor, needy and children. The I got mine you get yours mentality. We have the highest infant mortality rate when compared to other industrial countries. The dumbing down of america is horrible. Our school system is broken. We are pathetic when compared to other industrialized nations.

Aye you can be better than the rest but still not fair. America has a higher standard. Still the fairest place to live. The UK and Canada seem good also.

The U.S. has spent 15 Trillion dollars since the "War On Poverty" was instituted.  After 50 years, the poverty rate basically remains the same, percentage wise.  In 1969, just 2.8 million Americans received food stamps. Today, over 47 million Americans are on food stamps.  It all sounds touchy-feely.  But, is it working?  When government gets involved it usually doesn't. 

I wish our veterans got the treatment that the poor, needy and children get here. The very guys that protect yours and my freedoms get the shaft when it comes to being cared for. Heck, prisoners get better treatment than Vets get......except for the around the clock sex from Guido the killer pimp.