Lebron James to the Houston Rockets?!

I would LOVE to see him with Dwight. Harden is going to have to give up shots and play some defense but I could definitely see this working. After enduring Kobe for a season, I think playing with Lebron may be just the thing to bring out the best in Howard. Love him or hate him, LBJ is the kind of player that makes his teammates better.

Sorry rocket fans but not gonna happen.

he aint going to LA if that's what you're thinking. Lebron respects Kobe but he will never go play with him, he doesn't want to add another ring to Kobe's legacy. He is more likely to go to Houston, Cleveland or stay in Miami after opting out and signing a 1-2 year deal. LA and NY are not even in the equation IMO.

he aint going to LA if that's what you're thinking. Lebron respects Kobe but he will never go play with him, he doesn't want to add another ring to Kobe's legacy. He is more likely to go to Houston, Cleveland or stay in Miami after opting out and signing a 1-2 year deal. LA and NY are not even in the equation IMO.

Oh I know he won't go to the lakers. I never said that he was. He is going to stay in Miami.

I agree he isn't coming to Houston, I think he stays in Miami.  If he doesn't stay there I have no Idea where he would go.

his wife posted a picture of "home sweet home Akron" a couple days ago saying they were headed there, I guess he will make his decision from his hometown.

I would love for him to go back to Cleveland. He will be a better player their. He plays to timid with Wade and Bosh around him. No reason he cant dominate a game night after night like Durant and older greats did.  Passing up wide open shots way to much.

I agree but I think of Lebron as more like Magic Johnson than MJ or Kobe. He's a better passer than those two but like I said I agree: he does need to bring out his killer instinct more often.

Well dang.........he could be just looking for more money from Miami.

more money?

I would think he would take less money so Pat Riley would have enough to surround him with better role players than he has now (he had better role players in Cleveland), thats why Wade is opting out and will take less money in a restructured deal, word on the street is Bosh will do the same, I bet Riley has a plan to try to get Melo there so it wouldnt make sense for Bron to ask for more money. I highly doubt Melo would go to Miami though: Wade isnt getting any younger and is still injury prone plus no one knows what the roster will look like as of right now with not much cap space, oh and add in the fact that oldman Ray is probably 1 year away from retiring (if not this year) and Chalmers will more than likely not be back with the Heat at PG.

more money?

I would think he would take less money so Pat Riley would have enough to surround him with better role players than he has now (he had better role players in Cleveland), thats why Wade is opting out and will take less money in a restructured deal, word on the street is Bosh will do the same, I bet Riley has a plan to try to get Melo there so it wouldnt make sense for Bron to ask for more money. I highly doubt Melo would go to Miami though: Wade isnt getting any younger and is still injury prone plus no one knows what the roster will look like as of right now with not much cap space, oh and add in the fact that oldman Ray is probably 1 year away from retiring (if not this year) and Chalmers will more than likely not be back with the Heat at PG.

Good point. Can't really argue with those points.

Come on guys. If you know anything about his contract situation, you know that this is a win-win for LeBron and clearly his best option. Either he goes to Houston, Dallas, LA Clippers, NY, or Chicago and and wins more than he will in the coming years in Miami OR he stays in Miami and signs a max deal at 6yrs/$20mil per year. I think if you see Bosh terminate his contract by option, you'll see both of them leave Miami.

LeBron won't stay anywhere he doesn't think he can win.

IF he leaves Miami, I think Dallas or Houston are your more obvious choices. Reason being:

1. If he leaves the Heat, the max contract he could sign is a 5yr/$16mil per year deal. If he goes anywhere, he's going to want to make the most money possible out of the deal. Texas is the only other NBA state without a state income tax besides Florida. This is what makes LA a hard place for him to play, because their state income tax is over 10%.

2. If he leaves, it will be to win. The Rockets can unload enough cap space by trading Asik and Lin, then dealing Canaan, Troy Smith, and Motijunes away for cap space. That leaves the projected starting line-up (with LBJ) looking like this:

C: Dwight Howard
PF: LeBron James
SF: Chandler Parsons
SG: James Harden
PG: Patrick Beverly

You now have the most physically dominant center in the NBA, along with the top-rated shooting guard in the game (granted Kobe was hurt), one of the most exciting young players in Parsons, one of the best on-ball defenders in the NBA, AND the best basketball player on the planet in your starting five. All of who have the talent to be all-stars. The "big three" would be D12/LBJ/The Bearded One. Which is younger and arguably better than Bosh/Wade/LBJ back in 2010. They go from an already above-average team to favorites for the title virtually over night if they can square LeBron.

Clippers can get him and Melo by trading away Griffin, Jordan and another role player to clear cap space. If he decides to stay in Miami I highly doubt its a max deal (unless he doesnt want Riley to get him some better role players off the bench)

Something tells me he is going to end up playing with Melo sooner rather than later but not in Miami.

Clippers can get him and Melo by trading away Griffin, Jordan and another role player to clear cap space. If he decides to stay in Miami I highly doubt its a max deal (unless he doesnt want Riley to get him some better role players off the bench)

Something tells me he is going to end up playing with Melo sooner rather than later but not in Miami.

And it may not even be the number he's looking at. He may want a more guaranteed contract. If he signs an extension now, he is guaranteed a lot more money over the next 2-3 years than if he stays on for one year and has to try to restructure his contract or sign with another team. Excersizing his ETO gives him all the leverage in the situation.

And it may not even be the number he's looking at. He may want a more guaranteed contract. If he signs an extension now, he is guaranteed a lot more money over the next 2-3 years than if he stays on for one year and has to try to restructure his contract or sign with another team. Excersizing his ETO gives him all the leverage in the situation.

yep. plus he just got $30 million from the Beats Headphones sale, he's gonna milk this up til the last day possible probably. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...