Best Barbeque Joints in Texas?

TxHoops

Ate there once and won't be back. Had the brisket and they pulled it from the fridge, sliced it and heated it up in a microwave.

You need to try Pecan Lodge at Dallas farmers market. Excellent brisket and pulled pork. I think they are listed 2nd behind Franklin's as best in Texas.

At lunch today, a buddy told me the same thing about West Texas BBQ. He's from lumberton and ate there a few weeks ago and they microwaved the brisket. Big no no.

He's the biggest BBQ hound I know. Said JB's in orange is hands down best Q is SE TX.

JBs is Orange is good. However, this is pretty common on weekends around our house so I don't go to many BBQ places

IMG_2331_zps18b832b7.jpg

IMG_2325_zpseb2bee49.jpg

IMG_2324_zps0dd9018e.jpg

IMG_2329_zpsd3cebfed.jpg

IMG_2326_zps53e7f69b.jpg

IMG_2327_zpsa7f05924.jpg

mat, I have been waiting for a food sub forum to start on here.........I think you might have just started it.

Planning on cooking this weekend...maybe I can figure out how to post pictures and contribute.

Looks great!

mat, I have been waiting for a food sub forum to start on here.........I think you might have just started it.

Planning on cooking this weekend...maybe I can figure out how to post pictures and contribute.

Looks great!

Sorry mat.........

Cooked and forgot to take pictures

try again next time

Agreed.  It's pretty similar to Weikel's.  

Any good barbeque in Alabama?

Southern barbecue is a different animal than Texas barbecue. Brisket isn't served at most establishments, just ribs, sausage and chicken. They believe everything's in the sauce, whereas Texans put more emphasis on the rub and many don't like any sauce at all. Plus, their sauce is normally vinegar based, and it leaves that strong vinegar taste.

Some of it's pretty good, but I prefer my native delicacies.

Southern barbecue is a different animal than Texas barbecue. Brisket isn't served at most establishments, just ribs, sausage and chicken. They believe everything's in the sauce, whereas Texans put more emphasis on the rub and many don't like any sauce at all. Plus, their sauce is normally vinegar based, and it leaves that strong vinegar taste.

Some of it's pretty good, but I prefer my native delicacies.

That's been my experience too. Found a decent place in Mississippi. Tried the best places in Memphis. I prefer the Texas barbecue, especially those central Texas places.

For Bar-b-q try florida's kitchen in Livingston. Get the rib tips if they have any left!

I have no clue about the BBQ but I liked the looks of almost anything at Florida's. The problem is that their portions are too big. Don't get the large whatever...........

I ordered the catfish dinner. They had large and small and I figured the small was a fillet or at the most, two. Then the large would have three full size fillets. Hmmmm...... 

The large was five that covered the platter. I asked a friend that lived there and he said all of their meals were like that. The people that I was with had likewise large portions of their various entree's. It is rare that I can sit at a restaurant meal and not finish but Florida's did me in. 

photo12_zps7b7c2a4a.jpg