East Bernard

I expect East Bernard to make it to State. But winning State will be tough, as they likely will have to beat a couple of undefeated teams, Hawley (Reg 1) and Crawford (Reg 3).

Crawford is the real deal. They're no joke lol should beat Salado pretty easily. BUT this is highschool softball. Anything could happen.

Samantha Show and Kelbi Fortenberry are killing it!!  East Bernard will be facing their toughest test yet versus Natalia who is 30 - 3.  Show is hitting .867 and Kelbi is hitting .813 in the playoffs!!

Show has given up 1 run(unearned) in 5 games! 4 hits and 64 K in 30 innings! 3 hits came versus Danbury.    

Should we expect any less from 5A level players competing on and against 2A teams? Maybe more top 5A/select players should move to 2A schools so the playing field would be leveled and the other 2A's can have a chance!

How do you get to be a 5A level player? Just happens that they went to a 5A school before. Ive seen players play in all classifications that could play at any level. You can take a girl from a 1A school and with the right coach and dedication from the player can become a great player like these two girls. Jyst because your from a big school doesnt make you a stub on the field. They have made themselves that way.

How do you get to be a 5A level player? Just happens that they went to a 5A school before. Ive seen players play in all classifications that could play at any level. You can take a girl from a 1A school and with the right coach and dedication from the player can become a great player like these two girls. Jyst because your from a big school doesnt make you a stub on the field. They have made themselves that way.

Kelbi played for 4A Richmond Foster last season FYI.  They are both great players and their families moved to EB for a lifestyle choice.  From what I hear they all love it there and the kids are thriving.  Unfortunately for Hawley and Crawford, most of their girls have never faced a pitcher like Show.  As for .800+ batting averages, we have even seen these two do that on the gold level on some weekends.  Start carving the trophy folks, and while you are at it make it read 2014 & 2015.

The only two things about 5A versus 2A is the numbers and the local facilities. Most 5As have way more kids that play serious A ball and have great local athletic facilities and position/hiting instruction. Thats the key here. These two ladies have had and continue to have great instruction June through December.
Notice that most of your 3A and 2A top teams are fairly nearby a larger city.

Still not sure why all the hostility???
The two young ladies in question moved to East Bernard. They didn't use an address. Their families bought houses and actually live in the school district.
If I had the choice to raise my kids in Pearland just miles south of some of the worst areas in the country where they are one of 800 students in their class or in a nice quiet community away from the hustle of HTown where they will be one of 100 students. No Brainer!!!!!
Oh and Danbury had several that could play for Pearland or anyone else for that matter the last few years.

7-1 final. East Bernard

Guess that justifies the district already letting school out early next Thursday and Friday.

Glad they made it after everything it seems the team has had to go through this year. Saw tonight Natalia had signs saying "Small Town Talent vs. Big City Transfers" and Devine News wrote on twitter "5A transfer Samantha Show, 4A transfer Fortenberry & East Bernard headed to state". It's beating a dead horse. The families wanted to move to a small town that was good in academics.

Guest ECBucFan

Saw tonight Natalia had signs saying "Small Town Talent vs. Big City Transfers" and Devine News wrote on twitter "5A transfer Samantha Show, 4A transfer Fortenberry & East Bernard headed to state". It's beating a dead horse.

Apparently not. It appears that transfer stigma is following them.

EB has had a crazy amount of top athletes for a small division 2A school the past few years. I do not know the specific reasons for this, so I cannot judge. It is eye-popping to suddenly see this at a 2A school though.

Yea, I was listening to the game online, and could hear the fans in the background chanting overrated when Show came to the plate in the 2nd inning.  I have learned over the years that taunting the best player usually doesn't work out to well.  Anyway, Show hit it off the wall.  I thought it was humerous.

Apparently not. It appears that transfer stigma is following them.

EB has had a crazy amount of top athletes for a small division 2A school the past few years. I do not know the specific reasons for this, so I cannot judge. It is eye-popping to suddenly see this at a 2A school though.

Because most 2A schools are out in the stix. Much like Danbury last few years, being very near a big city or metro area like Houston allows those girls to play on some very good A ball teams throughout the years.

Guest ECBucFan

Football won state and almost did again, basketball had a big run, track teams dominate...etc. For EB, it goes far beyond softball girls playing on Houston select teams. 

Football won state and almost did again, basketball had a big run, track teams dominate...etc. For EB, it goes far beyond softball girls playing on Houston select teams.

Same thing for other sports. They have better opps for training just up the road.

Horrible teaching the kids nothing if u can't get it in your own school it does noteam move to get it at a lower division. It will all come out in the wash typical of the kids mentioned it's their parents doing this not the kids dad needs to get a life out side of his kid

You are assuming that they only transferred to win a state championship.  There may have been many reasons for the transfer.  The family made the decision that they felt was right for them, so what's the big deal?  You are allowed to move.  It's not like they are using a bogus address or something to play ball.  They live there and probably are enjoying the fresh air for a change.