East Bernard

From reading the articles that say they her mother stated that she had no friends in Pearland ect ect, it sure seems like her mom was told exactly what to say to make her be be able to play. You can't tell me that a Gatorade player of the year had no friends and no one at school liked her.

Sounds like some Pearland supporters don't have much else to talk about. I'm guessing from this conversation that there are no other schools in the 2A division that have D1 caliber ball players? Come on man! Give it a rest. Until mom or dad Show come on here and give there life story to explain the move there will be plenty to gossip about. And I expect they won't since that's their own business. I haven't been to a softball game yet that there are only 2 players on the field. It takes all nine to make it work.  Let the kids play and good luck to East Bernard.

They would never do that. Bit the truth is out nobody wants to believe it though. And yes there are D1 caliber kids in 2A just not that move schools to try and get that ring. Wander what Jo Evans thinks of this nonsense with her top prospect pitcher. Will they try another college sense A&M didn't make the World Series??????

Really PNG U THINK I KNOW THIS U WANT BE IN AUSTIN BUT I WILL

SIGNED HTX

Again my name is Brad Dean not PNG and no I "WON'T" be in Austin. And I also "WON'T" make accusations without using my real name on a message board.
And this is the last time that I will comment on this ridiculous none issue.

In 11 years of coaching 2A sports I can think of 1 player that I knew for a fact went to a D1 school and she was from East Bernard, so it's just ridiculous to keep saying there are all these D1 caliber players at 2A schools.

I lied. I'm on again.
Kaylee Garner from Danbury is at Tx State.
Linsey Hays from Brock at Baylor.
Hollie Tankersley from then 2A Kirbyville set records at ULL
And Lindsey Stephens at UT is from maybe the smallest 3A school of Hamshire Fannett.
Thats just the ones off the top of my head.

I lied. I'm on again.
Kaylee Garner from Danbury is at Tx State.
Linsey Hays from Brock at Baylor.
Hollie Tankersley from then 2A Kirbyville set records at ULL
And Lindsey Stephens at UT is from maybe the smallest 3A school of Hamshire Fannett.
Thats just the ones off the top of my head.

Just watched Crawford semi final game and there are 3 kids committed to Baylor on that team. Also Shelby Friudenburg from Bruceville Eddy is committed to Baylor. Mallory Schattle from Salado committed to UT. That's 7 kids committed UT, A&M and Baylor alone from 2a schools...and that's just off the top of my head.

Just watched Crawford semi final game and there are 3 kids committed to Baylor on that team. Also Shelby Friudenburg from Bruceville Eddy is committed to Baylor. Mallory Schattle from Salado committed to UT. That's 7 kids committed UT, A&M and Baylor alone from 2a schools...and that's just off the top of my head.

Forgot about the Walker girl from Franklin going to Baylor. That's 8 in high school right now at 2a schools committed to those 3 schools. There is high end talent at all levels in high school. Even 1a schools have big time recruits In high school. Heck I would argue there have been more commitments from kids in Texas at 3a, 2a and 1a schools these last couple of years to Top 50 D1 schools than from 4a and 5a schools. Whoever thinks there isn't a ton of D1 talent at smaller schools in Texas isnt really getting out there and watching high school ball at those levels over the last couple of years. Softball has changed over the last 10 years...more kids are playing select ball and these kids play on big city select teams from an early age. It has leveled the playing field for these kids and they don't have to rely on high school competition to get better any more.

Forgot about the Walker girl from Franklin going to Baylor. That's 8 in high school right now at 2a schools committed to those 3 schools. There is high end talent at all levels in high school. Even 1a schools have big time recruits In high school. Heck I would argue there have been more commitments from kids in Texas at 3a, 2a and 1a schools these last couple of years to Top 50 D1 schools than from 4a and 5a schools. Whoever thinks there isn't a ton of D1 talent at smaller schools in Texas isnt really getting out there and watching high school ball at those levels over the last couple of years. Softball has changed over the last 10 years...more kids are playing select ball and these kids play on big city select teams from an early age. It has leveled the playing field for these kids and they don't have to rely on high school competition to get better any more.

I wouldn't go so far to say that there have been more committments from 3A and down.  You can probably look at any D1 roster and you will see mostly 4A/5A players.  However, you are correct that select ball has definitely leveled the playing field quite a bit.  The proximity of 2A schools to larger cities gives those kids the opportunity to play on good select teams.  Now, if you live in the middle of nowhere, then maybe not so much due to travel.  There are certainly plenty of talented players playing in the lower classifications, and we know that high school exposure isn't that important anymore.  Even more reasons for people to live in places like East Bernard vs armpit Pearland.   

Thinking Show can't get it done today.
Hawley is a much better team than what showed up in Austin yesterday. Hawley beat 3a Burk with an LSU committed pitcher earlier in the season.
Crawford is showing no intimidation today. Maybe Show can try a 1a school next year to get that ring. Get em Crawford!