US-Russian Tensions Escalate Amid Ukraine Crisis

PN-G bamatex

Because Carter said he wouldn't negotiate with terrorists.  strange, huh?

Carter's weakness has only been surpassed by Obama's!  Nope correction, at least Carter is at heart a patriot and believed in American soveignty!!  Obama has been a man with a purpose to destroy this country and make it no better than a 3rd world nation!!

Carter's weakness has only been surpassed by Obama's!  Nope correction, at least Carter is at heart a patriot and believed in American soveignty!!  Obama has been a man with a purpose to destroy this country and make it no better than a 3rd world nation!!

Ha ha. Yeah.  That's it.

So Westend.....an honest question.....

Do you think the way a President runs our country has any influence on what other countries will do as far as aggressive behavior?

Not much of a factor, in my opinion. As I noted, we have seen aggressvie behavior both when we had hawkish presidents and those considered dovish.  Now, do you honestly think Russia would really behave differently with regards to Crimea if Romney  or any other Republican candidate were in office? 

Not much of a factor, in my opinion. As I noted, we have seen aggressvie behavior both when we had hawkish presidents and those considered dovish.  Now, do you honestly think Russia would really behave differently with regards to Crimea if Romney  or any other Republican candidate were in office? 

Simply being a Republican would carry no weight towards suppressing aggressive behavior...it would have to be backed up by actions.

I do think that Muammar Gaddafi, who was the bad boy of the 80s, shut his piehole and changed course after Reagan hit him in 1986.  If that would not have happened, I believe he would have continued down the path he was on.

So yes, I believe projecting a strong presence, and the bad guys knowing you are serious, works.

If Putin doesn't feel he's going to be held accountable, he'll do whatever he wants.

You always deal with the Russians from a position of strength. Anything less, and they won't respect you. Kowtowing to them from day one isn't maintaining a position of strength.

If Putin doesn't feel he's going to be held accountable, he'll do whatever he wants.

You always deal with the Russians from a position of strength. Anything less, and they won't respect you. Kowtowing to them from day one isn't maintaining a position of strength.

We can scream until we pass out from lack of oxygen, but this current admin doesn't understand this, doesn's believe it, or worse is happy to go along with allowing Putin to resurrect the USSR and deminish the USA as the (or even a) world power. I do not think that Obama wants the USA to be anymore powerful or relevant than the home country of his father!!!

We can scream until we pass out from lack of oxygen, but this current admin doesn't understand this, doesn's believe it, or worse is happy to go along with allowing Putin to resurrect the USSR and deminish the USA as the (or even a) world power. I do not think that Obama wants the USA to be anymore powerful or relevant than the home country of his father!!!

You are right and it is just another case of Obama delivering what he believes is social justice.

So tell us,  If you were president, what would you do about Crimea?

So tell us,  If you were president, what would you do about Crimea?

My point is we should have never have allowed our military might to be so compromised.  This did not happen this year!!  This has taken several years to get to this point.  Even if the current admin started today, it would take several years to be in a position of strength again.

My point is we should have never have allowed our military might to be so compromised.  This did not happen this year!!  This has taken several years to get to this point.  Even if the current admin started today, it would take several years to be in a position of strength again.

We already spend something like 10x the next country on military gear.   How much is enough?