Do We...

smitty

The answer is no...and that could be said about a thousand other things they meddle in  Problem is, too many people feel the fed gov should be regulating every area of our lives.

if they're proposing the restrictions on new stoves only, and not ones already in place, as stated in the article, what is the big deal? i'm not saying that i think this is an important issue that the government should be involved in, but how often do people, even in the colder states, buy a new wood stove? while i don't think it's an important issue, i also think it's a stretch to act like it's going to affect anybody very much. at worst a brand new wood stove costs somebody a little bit more the one time they buy one in their lives. i would look at it differently if people were going to have to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to make changes to the ones already in place.

if they're proposing the restrictions on new stoves only, and not ones already in place, as stated in the article, what is the big deal? i'm not saying that i think this is an important issue that the government should be involved in, but how often do people, even in the colder states, buy a new wood stove? while i don't think it's an important issue, i also think it's a stretch to act like it's going to affect anybody very much. at worst a brand new wood stove costs somebody a little bit more the one time they buy one in their lives. i would look at it differently if people were going to have to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to make changes to the ones already in place.

The big deal is this isn't something that the fed gov should even have on their radar.  Billions of dollars are wasted by this massive bloated fed gov because they feel they should oversee and regulate every area of our lives...and staff up to do just that.

And it will continue because there are many like yourself that go "what's the big deal?"  Let them go ahead and do it.

I feel most states are very capable to decide what type of wood stove can be sold or how many gallons of water a toilet flushes.

The fed gov has a very short list of responsibilities as stated in the Constitution for a good reason.

i mean, why even regulate the environment at all. to be honest, if the GOP had their way, we'd be catching speckled trout with two heads with all of the pollution they'd allow big oil to put out. so the question is this: no regulation, or too much regulation? I'd prefer moderate regulation, but unfortunately, neither side wants to provide that option.

i mean, why even regulate the environment at all. to be honest, if the GOP had their way, we'd be catching speckled trout with two heads with all of the pollution they'd allow big oil to put out. so the question is this: no regulation, or too much regulation? I'd prefer moderate regulation, but unfortunately, neither side wants to provide that option.

Yep, that's what they want...to wreck the environment...you got us.  :rolleyes:

But thanks for making my point...you and many others seem to think that the fed gov is the only agency that can solve a problem.

Let's see, what is the problem?

Hungry kid..fed gov program

Unwed mother...fed gov program

School curriculum...fed gov program

Toilet capacity..fed gov regulation

Wood burning stove emissions...fed gov regulation

I believe Texas and any other state are capable of managing their own resources much better than the fed gov.

The more regs they inflict on the citizens is just another way they can use to control the masses will they, maybe not but they will have it to use against us if they want. Sure there should be sensible regs. but just follow the money trail on this whole global warming nonsense and a reasonable person can see whats going on. Obamas green buddies pay his way in office and he pays them back just like he's been doing and dont forget about our billionaire buddy Al Gore!