New NFL rule

Serious question:  Will African American players be allowed to use it?  Look, I am opposed to the word period.  My kids have never used it (around me anyway) and know it is more taboo than using the F word in my house.  However, I have noticed it is very prevalent around the kids of color that I am around.  They do use the variety that ends with -a, but use that frequently when talking to each other or about others.  I am curious if the NFL will make a distinction. 

This rule is a landmine waiting to explode.  If you take what I assume to be the "spirit" of the rule, you wouldn't flag African American players for using the word.  I don't think anyone should be using it, but clearly they aren't using it in a derogatory or hurtful manner.  Why not just announce if you are caught on audio using it to degrade or demean another player, a hefty fine will be levied?  No need to change outcomes of games or leave this open to a split second official's decision.

Soo what if a player calls Mark Samchez a Wet****? Should they get penalized??

Or any number of other racial epithets for Hispanics? Or uses a gay slur toward Michael Sam? That's why this is a questionable rule at best. Typical overreaction. If someone makes an offensive, derrogatory mark toward another player, fine their pants off.