Who is the Best coach

Guest allsportsfan

Ok it was coach carters dad that was there and he was not arguing with the refs.... west hardin has a good team no not one of the best in the area but still good letsinger makes thagt team hes a great player and having a couple of other decent players to dish to helps him but ive seen on other boards where you WH fans were comparing them to EC and HJ either one of those teams this yr would play WH to a 40 pt defeat best case scenario..... now we can stop arguing  Coach Chris Carter one of the best coaches in the area PERIOD...

Man, you went way out there with the 40 pt. thing. WH played EC in district last year and played pretty close both times. They might beat WH, but not by any 40 pts.

Carter's going to be ok. Just stay on earth and logical, not out in space on those predictions there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was last yr thats y i said this year and hj would be 40 if not more and ec if they pressed the whole game would runaway too

Since your the sports expert, can you tell me what the score of the Super Bowl is gonna be?  I need to make some money, and you sure seem confident in your "expert predictions."

Guest 972BBallCoach

I have known Coach Carter for about 8 years now. He is an excellent guy and even a better coach. He coached at Spurger when they were awsome, Brookeland when they were beating Kountze and winning a State Championship (and State Runner-up), Teneha when they were dominating as well. With the group he has as Warren, it will be no different. For someone to say this guy has no class is crazy. The guy wrote the no longer existing Class A Texas Cup format. Sure he may have lost his temper, big deal. From what I have been told, I probably would have done the same thing. You can't say a guy has no class because of one observation. He is very competitive. That's why he has been to the playoffs more times than West Hardin probably has been in their History. The last time WH went is when Coach Stapert was there. I also know how Warren fans can be. I have coached against them. They cry about every foul, and try to annoy the other coach, but if that's what it takes to win more power to you. Warren has built a tradition of winning and I totally respect them. Now, I am sick of hearing about this. This all happened almost a month ago. I would say both parties are in the wrong (In this situation). WH because you got a fan tossed out and she made a big scene infront of the Spuger Administration, and Warren because Coach Carter lost his composure. Both parties did nothing positive infront of the communities, other fans & most importantly all the kids that were there (all the kids that were participating in the tournament). I was always taught & I still preach to my players "if you have nothing positive to say about another person, don't say anything at all !"

All I've done from the beginning of this crazy back-and-forth is refute non-truths that have been posted about the incident because I was there on WH's side and saw and heard everything that happened.  If you go back to my original post, I said that Carter may be a great guy who was having a bad moment, but that's all I've ever seen of him, so that's all I have to go on.  If he is a great guy who was having a bad moment, let's leave it at that.  We all have bad moments!  Nobody is perfect!  I don't have a problem with that at all...I have a problem with facts being twisted, distorted and flat out lied about.

You guys need to do a little research.  Sutherland did not build the program at Kountze.  That would be David Green, who took a team that was almost without a win one seaon to the final round of Regional Playoffs the next.  Now, that's a coach.  How has his playoff record been at HJ?????????????  Let's see what he does this year.

You guys need to do a little research.  Sutherland did not build the program at Kountze.  That would be David Green, who took a team that was almost without a win one seaon to the final round of Regional Playoffs the next.  Now, that's a coach.  How has his playoff record been at HJ?????????????  Let's see what he does this year.

Sutherland may not have built the program over at Kountze but he did a lot to help it... he made it to the state championship game almost every year he was there... and then when he leaves they dont even make it to the state tournament... and after next year they are gonna be down a bit because 4 of their 5 starters are seniors... (one is a freshmen) they do have a good sophmore class but they dont have as much talent as those seniors.. (Boykins, Busby, Powell, and Haynes)...

Sutherland may not have built the program over at Kountze but he did a lot to help it... he made it to the state championship game almost every year he was there... and then when he leaves they dont even make it to the state tournament... and after next year they are gonna be down a bit because 4 of their 5 starters are seniors... (one is a freshmen) they do have a good sophmore class but they dont have as much talent as those seniors.. (Boykins, Busby, Powell, and Haynes)...

just to let you know... kountze did make it to the state tournament after sutherland left

• 2 weeks later...

I can not believe that anybody has not included Andre Boutte in that list.  You can not argue with success.  3 State Championships and 9 appearances is not bad.  You might not like the demeanor but you have to like those numbers.  Yes, he has been fortunate to land in programs with a proliforation of talent but you still have to win with talent.  West Brook had talent for years but never won the big 1.  You have to give credit where credit is due.  Boutte is due is credit.

I can not believe that anybody has not included Andre Boutte in that list.  You can not argue with success.  3 State Championships and 9 appearances is not bad.  You might not like the demeanor but you have to like those numbers.  Yes, he has been fortunate to land in programs with a proliforation of talent but you still have to win with talent.  West Brook had talent for years but never won the big 1.  You have to give credit where credit is due.  Boutte is due is credit.

This thread is obviously full of peaople who for the past decade or so have not been to a basketball game... Boutte coaches in 4A and has won more playoff games than most of the these guys mentioned on this thread have won district games.. It's totally bias and until a coach comes in and does half of what Boutte has then he is the man!!!!

Calm down, the thread say's who is the best coach and I agree Boutte has some major accomplishments but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was just curios to see which names would come up. Know doubt there is a lot of talented coaches in the area and deffinately Boutte's name should be up there. But I think everyones opinions are for not only wins and losses but for what they do off the court and in the community as well. Please educate us if there are other things most people dont know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder