Silsbee @ Kountze Scrimmage Friday

STiger85

The Silsbee Tigers will travel to scrimmage the Kountze Lions Friday. This is the second scrimmage for the Tigers after a very successful scrimmage against the LCM Bears last Monday. Go Tigers!!!

Hey 85 I was wondering how did the scrimmage go aginst LCM i never herd anything on it at all

Silsbee should get a better test against Kountze, especially early in the scrimmage with the Kountze pitching staff. LCM appears to be young and pitching depth may be a problem, especially in that district. Getting a look at Franklin and Marshall will give the Tigers a little more realistic view of what they have right now. They are going to be just fine.

Rake1

Its gonna be cold! Pitchers are gonna have a hard time getting started. Kountze looked good against Hardin Jefferson. The defense and pitching was top notch, the batting was less than desirable. But HJ had a quality pitching staff. They didn't cut Kountze any slack, all four that took the bump for HJ were qualiy. I believe Kountze is gonna have their hands full with Silsbee tonight.

Its gonna be cold! Pitchers are gonna have a hard time getting started. Kountze looked good against Hardin Jefferson. The defense and pitching was top notch, the batting was less than desirable. But HJ had a quality pitching staff. They didn't cut Kountze any slack, all four that took the bump for HJ were qualiy. I believe Kountze is gonna have their hands full with Silsbee tonight.

after franklin and Marshall step off the mound silsbee is gonna crank the rest of the pitching hopefully kountze bats come around this game

I will agree that Franklin and Marshall are not the only good pitchers in the rotation, but they are indeed the only dominant ones. The rest just throw strikes and let the defense do their work. When a team like Silsbee sees 75 down the pipe it could get ugly. I think this is what deputy is talking about.

Both teams looked solid Silsbee look strong at the plate and in the field. Kountze looked strong with pitching after Franklin and Marshall their gonna need to tighten up. Kountze's energy was great to watch. Watched some of the JV games Kountze will be solid for few years. Silsbee will have a couple of down years. Both teams had solid freshman on varsity. Kountze catcher looked pretty sharp and even though the freshman that came in to pitch later in the game had a rough outing. Really didnt look to bad. Silsbee's Partain looked good at the plate and in the field and Sungren lead off the game with a hit and looked solid at the plate. All the freshman should make an impact on their teams. best of luck to both teams this year.