Dayton at Nederland scrimmage/ Post comments here

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton1092" post="1426495" timestamp="1377273821"]
Kyle McBride.  Great all around player. You never know what will happen with him on the field.
[/quote]

Well the coach should put him in as QB with my take on him any given play he can score and he can easily turn a busted play for 6 he did it last night and with Dayton's oline being a lil shaky and young right now you almost need a running qb to buy a few more seconds or yards

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1426501" timestamp="1377274932"]
Dayton better choose ONE QB and stick with him barring injury, two-qb rotation wont work.
[/quote]
They actually played 3 QBs, #6 started, then #7, and they went to like a wildcat sort of offense with #18. Nederland's Washington may have made the decision for them with a sack that knocked #6 out of the scrimmage.  He was heavily wrapped up on the side line.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1426518" timestamp="1377277447"]
They switched the RB #18 to QB cause dayton's line couldn't block nederland. But out of the two QBs, #7 appeared to be the better player.
[/quote]I felt the same way, #7 Triston has a great arm and he turned a few busted plays into something just to have his passes dropped, Jaquaris is our best receiver in my opinion and kyle our best rb.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1426520" timestamp="1377277699"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113479.msg1426501#msg1426501 date=1377274932]
Dayton better choose ONE QB and stick with him barring injury, two-qb rotation wont work.
[/quote]
They actually played 3 QBs, #6 started, then #7, and they went to like a wildcat sort of offense with #18. Nederland's Washington may have made the decision for them with a sack that knocked #6 out of the scrimmage.  He was heavily wrapped up on the side line.
[/quote]#7 started and #6 got sacked by deshawn late in the 4th and went out and got his shoulder wrapped.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1426484" timestamp="1377273071"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=113479.msg1426457#msg1426457 date=1377270315]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=113479.msg1426428#msg1426428 date=1377263008]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=113479.msg1426411#msg1426411 date=1377259165]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=113479.msg1426265#msg1426265 date=1377221746]
I'm waiting on Liltex take on what's going on... Doesnt read like the Broncos I know...  ???
[/quote]

[b]Yall suck[/b], that's whats going on...... ::) ::)
[/quote] Might be right this time
[/quote]

It happens to us all at some point.  Look at PNG.......  ;D ;D I recall a 54/0 score a few years back.  ;)
[/quote]

I thought I smelled something nasty on this thread ::) >:( :D
[/quote]

Their mascot is a purple horse that just got beat down, what did you expect it to smell like?  ;D ;D ;D 

Wow just realized the sight is back up and running. Ned looked good which I expected. Dayton has just a couple of seniors on both sides of the ball and its showing. It's just kinda funny that after dayton dominated Ned in last years scrimmage the world was ending. Fast forward to this year and dayton fans are doing the same. I know it was ugly but it was just a scrimmage. Both Ned and friendswood are good teams with lots of returning talent and that helps early on. Dayton has 7 sophomores starting last night and they will continue to improve and get used to the speed of the game at the varsity level. Dayton will keep improving and make it 18 straight playoff appearances.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1426563" timestamp="1377283680"]
Wow just realized the sight is back up and running. Ned looked good which I expected. Dayton has just a couple of seniors on both sides of the ball and its showing. It's just kinda funny that after dayton dominated Ned in last years scrimmage the world was ending. Fast forward to this year and dayton fans are doing the same. I know it was ugly but it was just a scrimmage. Both Ned and friendswood are good teams with lots of returning talent and that helps early on. Dayton has 7 sophomores starting last night and they will continue to improve and get used to the speed of the game at the varsity level. Dayton will keep improving and make it 18 straight playoff appearances.
[/quote]You're right!+1

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1426582" timestamp="1377287446"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113479.msg1426577#msg1426577 date=1377286922]
LOL BBiz... kinda goes against your signature that you dont learn more from a lose then a win....
[/quote] ;D ;D...gotta stay positive!
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was just a scrimmage. It is a practice but against another team. A scrimmage is to let you work on positions, try people out, gain experience for newcomers, find what may be working (at least that week) and what isn't, find weaknesses, etc.

Dayton's world isn't ending and Nederland pointed out some things they need to improve. Nederland's isn't guaranteed anything in district based on a scrimmage.

It is what it is. Nederland looked good and Dayton did not.  Both teams gained some experience and that after all, is what a scrimmage is for.

Anything more than that is like saying a team should be in the playoffs because they had a great practice this week. The only thing that counts is when district cranks up a few weeks from now and this scrimmage will have long since gone into the history of meaningless endeavors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox