19. Manvel
20. Arlington Martin
21. The Woodlands
22. Abilene
[b]23. La Porte[/b]
24. Arlington Bowie
25. Longview

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1414373" timestamp="1371589893"]
Accurate list. only surprise is Houston Lamar so low, would have thought they would be top-5, i thought they have alot of returning starters?
[/quote]

Where is your beloved PAM?  Sure looking more like Little Tikes that titans this year.  LMAO!!!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1414376" timestamp="1371590061"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112616.msg1414373#msg1414373 date=1371589893]
Accurate list. only surprise is Houston Lamar so low, would have thought they would be top-5, i thought they have alot of returning starters?
[/quote]

Where is your beloved PAM?  Sure looking more like Little Tikes that titans this year.  LMAO!!!
[/quote] This only shows your ignorance, PAM doesnt get put in the top-15 until after the North Shore game rather its a win or a loss, its been that way going on about 5 years now.

[quote name="SFA85" post="1414425" timestamp="1371602047"]
LP's kinda low don't ya think?  Their whole squad is returning.....
[/quote] I didnt even notice them at #23 on first glance, I dont think they go thru district without 1 or 2 losses this yr, BUT they have one proven RB back, their QB is a smart one and have made changes to their offense (more passing) per LP folks. They will be stout on D again also (until Week-10). They will be good but not nearly as good as the previous 2 years IMO.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1414383" timestamp="1371590550"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112616.msg1414376#msg1414376 date=1371590061]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112616.msg1414373#msg1414373 date=1371589893]
[/quote]

[/quote] This only shows your ignorance, PAM doesnt get put in the top-15 until after the North Shore game rather its a win or a loss, its been that way going on about 5 years now.
[/quote]

How does getting whooped by NS get you ranked?  It seems DCTF is stating PAM isn't an elite team. Buddy, Manvel is your Georgetown

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1414459" timestamp="1371616359"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112616.msg1414383#msg1414383 date=1371590550]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112616.msg1414376#msg1414376 date=1371590061]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How does getting whooped by NS get you ranked?  It seems DCTF is stating PAM isn't an elite team. [b]Buddy, Manvel is your Georgetown[/b]
[/quote]

HAHAHA TOUCHE'

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1414459" timestamp="1371616359"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112616.msg1414383#msg1414383 date=1371590550]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]How does getting whooped by NS get you ranked?[/b]  It seems DCTF is stating PAM isn't an elite team. Buddy, Manvel is your Georgetown
[/quote] Whooped? Whooped is what GTown gave SC. DCTF isnt stating anything about PAM, PAM wasnt ranked when we were picked in the same mag to win the Region 3 title in 2011 (in which they won), Manvel is Manvel, GTown is GTown, not the same football programs, do your research before you spout off non-factual info.

7-6 PAM 2009, 35-28 NS 2010, 14-7 PAM 2011, 31-24 NS 2012. Yeah there seems to be some "whoopings" going on. If you dont know what you're talking about refrain from making yourself look completely and utterly stupid, put the drink down man.  ::)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1414464" timestamp="1371616725"]
Somebody please black North Shore's name in at number 7. Just because we don't have NS posters doesn't mean they shouldn't get some love. La Porte is south of I-10 and they still gets love, at least North Shore is truly east.
[/quote]I did. 21-5A has two teams in the top 25 every year it seems.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1414426" timestamp="1371602589"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=112616.msg1414425#msg1414425 date=1371602047]
LP's kinda low don't ya think?  Their whole squad is returning.....
[/quote] I didnt even notice them at #23 on first glance, I dont think they go thru district without 1 or 2 losses this yr, BUT they have one proven RB back, their QB is a smart one and have made changes to their offense (more passing) per LP folks. They will be stout on D again also (until Week-10). [b]They will be good but not nearly as good as the previous 2 years IMO.[/b][/quote]I think DCTF is giving a little love since LP has consistently been in the last 16 teams playing in 5A. The OL will tell the tale. I expect LP to lose a game or 2 early as they mesh a new OL and new offensive wrinkles. They also lost Medina (K). But, plenty of skill players return. D will be fine  ;). Last bolded--could be much better if they can sync. I like the new OC's style from what I've been able to see so far.

If he can make the scheme work at Pas. Memorial like he has been able to with their talent, I like LP's chances.

I'm surprised to see Manvel in the list given all they lost from last year's team and the defensive meltdowns against NS and Cy Ranch.

Manvel will have a lot of sophomores and juniors starting in the skill positions this year, and there's a good chance they return to the two-QB scheme they used pretty successfully in '09-'11.

Lots of talent there, but just don't see them being #4 in the GHA right now given how young that talent is.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1414489" timestamp="1371645278"]
I'm surprised to see Manvel in the list given all they lost from last year's team and the defensive meltdowns against NS and Cy Ranch.

Manvel will have a lot of sophomores and juniors starting in the skill positions this year, and there's a good chance they return to the two-QB scheme they used pretty successfully in '09-'11.

Lots of talent there, but just don't see them being #4 in the GHA right now given how young that talent is.
[/quote]They were a young team when they played Aledo at State, them sandbags getting taller by the minute.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1414542" timestamp="1371656692"]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=112616.msg1414489#msg1414489 date=1371645278]

[/quote]They were a young team when they played Aledo at State, them sandbags getting taller by the minute.
[/quote]

Garrity, why don't you get out of here.  Let fans of teams that are actually ranked have this discussion. LMAO!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1414544" timestamp="1371656900"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112616.msg1414542#msg1414542 date=1371656692]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=112616.msg1414489#msg1414489 date=1371645278]

[/quote]

Garrity, why don't you get out of here.  Let fans of teams that are actually ranked have this discussion. LMAO!
[/quote]Teams in here have actually gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs recently and have played for a Regional Title recently, something YOU and your average team knows absolutely nothing about even with your 5A enrollment.  ;)

[quote name="Laker" post="1414559" timestamp="1371658656"]
Don't see how Judson is higher then Lake Travis since we destroyed them in the 1st game last yr.....we will just do it again at home the 1st game....Westlake will also drop at LT .....
[/quote] LT returns alot from last years team?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1414579" timestamp="1371661485"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=112616.msg1414568#msg1414568 date=1371660351]
Can Manvel get a little love with the bold print?  We are somewhat on the area... Well heck... Region 3!
[/quote]Not in the coverage region, LP and NS in 21-5A.
[/quote]

hahaha Manvel is Lex Luther to MBG's Superman... hahahah

Manvel probably got their high rating because Coach Martin and his staff are great at developing and selling players to D1 schools! Manvel is VERY fortunate to have him as their coach. Look at what he has done the past few years. Honest question – has any school in SETX, GHA, Region 3, Texas or the whole country for that matter ever had two QBs in a single graduating class that both went on to play on D1 teams? People laugh about a two-QB system saying if you have more than one QB than you don’t have any, but Martin has made it work with two different sets of QBs, and all four have gone on to the D1 level. It’s probably that reputation that builds to a (in my mind questionably) high ranking. Of course it takes the raw talent coming in to achieve that, but coaches have to manage and develop it also.

More proof of Coach Martin’s leadership is how his oldest son has turned out. Koda is an incredible leader. Look him up on twitter. Awesome posts. Great young man!

Removing the sandbags for a moment, I heard that Martin’s younger son is a QB. Eighth grade this fall, sharing the QB role with another tough QB who is 6’1” and already doing one-handed dunks in basketball.  With Manvel likely to play sophs and a junior at QB this year and those two coming up, Manvel’s QB pipeline looks pretty solid!

The PAM / Manvel game was one of the best of the year! Two teams with a lot of talent. It came down to a couple of factors – PAM lost a stud OL in the first quarter, just like Manvel lost a stud OL in the first quarter against Aledo. That caused a lot of additional pressure on the backfield. Then two big turnovers deep in PAM territory in the 2nd quarter, one a pick-6 and the other a sack/fumble that Manvel converted a few plays later to create score spacing that PAM couldn’t recover from. Otherwise the game would have probably come down to the last possession.

I guess if Manvel got its rating from beating PAM, that's a pretty strong endorsement of PAM as well!

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1414764" timestamp="1371694252"]
Manvel probably got their high rating because Coach Martin and his staff are great at developing and selling players to D1 schools! Manvel is VERY fortunate to have him as their coach. Look at what he has done the past few years. Honest question – has any school in SETX, GHA, Region 3, Texas or the whole country for that matter ever had two QBs in a single graduating class that both went on to play on D1 teams? People laugh about a two-QB system saying if you have more than one QB than you don’t have any, but Martin has made it work with two different sets of QBs, and all four have gone on to the D1 level. It’s probably that reputation that builds to a (in my mind questionably) high ranking. Of course it takes the raw talent coming in to achieve that, but coaches have to manage and develop it also.

More proof of Coach Martin’s leadership is how his oldest son has turned out. Koda is an incredible leader. Look him up on twitter. Awesome posts. Great young man!

Removing the sandbags for a moment, I heard that Martin’s younger son is a QB. Eighth grade this fall, sharing the QB role with another tough QB who is 6’1” and already doing one-handed dunks in basketball.  With Manvel likely to play sophs and a junior at QB this year and those two coming up, Manvel’s QB pipeline looks pretty solid!

The PAM / Manvel game was one of the best of the year! Two teams with a lot of talent. It came down to a couple of factors – PAM lost a stud OL in the first quarter, just like Manvel lost a stud OL in the first quarter against Aledo. That caused a lot of additional pressure on the backfield. Then two big turnovers deep in PAM territory in the 2nd quarter, one a pick-6 and the other a sack/fumble that Manvel converted a few plays later to create score spacing that PAM couldn’t recover from. Otherwise the game would have probably come down to the last possession.

I guess if Manvel got its rating from beating PAM, that's a pretty strong endorsement of PAM as well!
[/quote]
GREAT POST RHBoiler!  Martin has definitely been a blessing to the Manvel program and he works well with not only the kids but his assistants, scouts, parents and the community as a whole ... just a great guy.  He loves for the program to win on and off the field as proven with how hard he works to get these kids to the next level. The D1 commits are just what many see on the surface but several of the other kids get offers from D2, D3 and JC's.  As of today, OLB Coach ED still working with a D1 commit from the 2012 state squad that has been converted to OLB a the next level... spent a whole day with this kid and they will right back at it tomorrow.  There's a lot of love in this program that trickles down from that present D1 ex-Manvel Maverick to that Freshman kid in the weight room looking on.  Kids play hard for Kirk and staff... one night you are on JV and the next week you get 15 carries on Friday night.  Freshman, Soph., Jr., Sr? doesn't matter...  Work your ass off year round, learn the plays and keep your nose clean... you'll get your chance! 
With that said, I think Manvel is ranked because most of these young kids logged major time last year.  Other than those standout D1 skill players that graduated, the others were continuously rotated.  2 of our top 4 recruits are sophomores this year.  I think we will be fine.
NOW! PAM... GREAT TEAM... Simple as that. DC ranked or not! If and I mean if there is ever a day PAM is classified 4A the whole complex of this board will change.  PAM is head and shoulders above most 5A teams D1 & D2 and will punish the surrounding 4A teams for years to come.  I'm sorry, no other way to say it!
I say that because Manvel played a few (at the time) top level SETX teams in playoffs prior to leaving 4A being Dayton and PNG in the playoffs... and that game with PAM was a whole different animal.  No comparison between level of competition!
(The PAM 4A scenario came about through a post I read somewhere about school numbers declining... not saying it was factual.)
By the way... I work in the Beaumont/PA area a lot and you guys should be proud of Harrison and the Titan Program. I noticed how many of those kids go to the next level as well.  Keep up the good work out there!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami