2013 Lets kick this puppy...

Kicking puppies!!!
Is that a pun?  Bunch folks across the tracks cringed.  ;D

Ok I'll walk the plank:
1. Nederland
2. PNG
3. Livingston (JV was very good last year. I expect they still compete.)
T4. Vidor
T4. Central
6. Ozen (infusion of very good freshman class from last year)
7. LCM
8. Lumberton

Again like last year I think Nederland is legit playoff contender, but 2-7 have a lot of questions to be answered and lots of youth. Future of this district is bright.

1. Nederland - experience, experience, experience.
2. Ozen - I've heard they have a stud Rb and a decent offensive line.  Also, they have arguably the most highly touted college prospect in the country in Mr. Tony Brown...
3. Central - with the 3 stooges finally gone and with the arrival of Coach Forman, we should be in the mix with arguably the best secondary in the district starring Mitchell and Locke.
4. Vidor -there are kids there that will be seniors that played on the 2 previous years winning teams that still have that winners swag.  That along with coach Matthews winning program, they will still make the playoffs.
5. PN-G - they return Mr. Rose, but that's about it.
6. Livingston - Smh...  Life after Collins...
7. LC-M -  Seltzer (sp) wasn't much of an impact. Now, that he's gone.....
8. Lumberton - not much talent returning and with the Coach getting canned....

Yes I'm gonna be the homer,

20-4A
1. Vidor- they will shock the world when they upset Ned in the first district game. Will be a close game with central but I think they will pull it with it being homecoming and all. Sage smith will be in the top 3 in rushing yards in district and will be an even better linebacker. Geth Simmons will be in top 5 rushing as well.
10-0

2. Ned- I think Ned is a solid program so they will make it to second but I think they lost too much on defense to be the top dog (yes pun intended) they will win a close mid county madness and beat central and everyone else except Vidor.
9-1 maybe 8-2 depending on preseason

3. Central- with the new coach and defensive prospects like Mitchell and Locke they will be a force to be reckoned with. I see foreman making a big statement when he beats Pam and I see them beating png but losing to Ned and vidor.
8-2 or 7-3

4. Png- faircloth is an amazing coach and he will refuse to have a season like last one. They will be young but they will have a dang good offense but they will lose to central Vidor and Ned. They will get into the last playoff spot with a win over livingston.
6-4 or 5-5

5. Livingston- they will be decent with little Collins but not good enough to make that 4th spot with losses to Ned Vidor central and png.
5-5 or 4-6

6. Ozen - with the loss of Jakobi they won't be the same ozen of past.
3-7

7. Lcm- after sezar I don't see lcm doing much.
2-8

8. Lumberton - same story different year.
0-10

19-4A

1. Summer Creek - mostly because of Sharp. I thought #76 from last year was SC's best defensive player and he's gone. SC gave up big yardage to Georgetown, Vidor, and Crosby last year but their "forget the D, we're just going to outscore you" philosophy might just work this year with Georgetown not expected to be as potent. Probably going to be Dawson, SC or depending on who makes the playoffs, Marshall for the D1 representative in region 3.

2. Crosby - haven't lost more than 2 district games in 8 years and I think at least 6-2 would get second place. Crosby opens with Ned in Cougar Stadium and has the chance to go 3-1 the last 4 meetings against the Dogs. Austin Walter has more career rushing yards than any other returning rb in 4A next year with over 3500. Aston is not too shabby his self with nearly 3500 career passing yards while adding 1600 rushing. Raelon Singleton has 8 FBS offers to play receiver and could be unguardable in district play next year. Return all o-line starters except one and 8 total on the offense. Don't have to wait long to see what the Cougars are about, 4 of their first 5 are Ned, BH, Dayton, and SC. We're definitely playing D2 unless Dayton doesn't make the playoffs so I think it's Marshall(maybe), Texas City, Elgin and Crosby as the favorites for the region 3 crown.

T3. Kingwood Park - they only bring back 4 or 5 starters on defense and lost all but 1 of their starting offensive linemen which isn't good because their so run heavy but Jordan Feuerbacher returns at TE and ranked top 5 in the state. He's not much of a threat in the passing game only having 13 receptions for 205 yards in 21 career games but he blocks extremely well and is a threat in the redzone. The reason I put them third is because all of their skill position players on offense come back which is extremely valuable. They played Crosby tough but were blown out against the other 3 playoff teams they faced so they're going to have to be able to play very clean and a bit more physical but they're big and disciplined and should give teams fits.

T3. Dayton - really just because they're Dayton but they have a couple issues. They're still pretty young to start off with and no one seems to know who the qb is going to be but either way he's going to be a first year non-senior starter facing some pretty good district competition, even from the likes of Humble and King. Dayton does have a good core of play-makers coming back with the McBrides, Isiah Chambers and Jaq Keener though so it's probably going to be 18 straight playoff appearances for the Broncos.

5. Barbers Hill - I really think BH could switch with KP and we have the same teams as last year. I put them 5th because they usually miss the playoffs every few years since they've been 4A, plus nobody knows if Denny is really playing. Either way they just don't match up well with Crosby and SC and I think they get one more loss in the other 6 games and finish the district season 5-3 like they did last year. BH has to almost play perfect to beat people with the scheme they run. I wonder if it's not time to add the forward pass to the playbook.

6. Humble - boys looked good when they got off the bus last year. They had size and speed but were basically North Forest when they were in this district. Great athletes but it's just not clicking right now, should be better than last year but I still think they finish with only 3 or 4 wins.

7. C.E. King - lost their best player to free agency so I don't see how they finish with more than the three district wins they had last year. One thing I did notice is that they didn't lose a game to a team that finished the season with less than 6 wins but even with the caliber of athletes they have an overall 4-6 or 3-7 record is what they're most likely headed for.   

T9. Porter - Devlin Isadore, the Spartan qb is actually probably going to get a scholarship so there is a bit of talent there. They weren't a small team at all but they weren't very physical either. Whoever wins the NCISD battle will get to remove the T and put an 8 by their name.

T9. New Caney - ran one play last year and were shut out in 5 district games. If they add a sweep to the playbook maybe they will only get shut out in half their district games next year. I don't see how that coach isn't on the hotseat.

Only way Crosby goes D1 if they make the playoffs is if 2 of these 3 teams make the playoffs ~ Barbers Hill 1287,Porter 1366 & New Caney 1400.I don't see that happening this year.Can't see only 1 team out of Summer Creek,Dayton,Kingwood Park & King making the playoffs.Dayton who sits at 1446 is over Crosby 1440.So whether Dayton makes the playoffs or not will not affect Crosby being D1.Numbers are Attendance figures.

( 1 ) Summer Creek - Could be making a mistake playing movin A.J.Jeffrey at WR.Better than any RB they have.
                                          ( 2 ) Crosby - If the defense >>>> well ya'll know !
                                          ( 3 a) Kingwood Park - Scrappy bunch of kids returning.Coach learns not to freeze his own kicker
                                          ( 3b ) Dayton - Who knows who will show up !
                                          ( 3 c )Barbers Hill - Never liked that offense.Needs Denny at QB
                                            ( 6 ) Humble - Lot of underclassmen got playing time last year.
                                            ( 7 )Porter - Returning QB
                                            ( 8 ) King - No returning offense or Defensive linemen plus loss of Jeffrey could make King Cellar dwellars.
                                            ( 9 ) New Caney - Lots of returning players but the offense is BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGG !!

[quote name="cougar14" post="1403812" timestamp="1368311031"]
19-4A

1. Summer Creek - mostly because of Sharp. I thought #76 from last year was SC's best defensive player and he's gone. SC gave up big yardage to Georgetown, Vidor, and Crosby last year but their "forget the D, we're just going to outscore you" philosophy might just work this year with Georgetown not expected to be as potent. Probably going to be Dawson, SC or depending on who makes the playoffs, Marshall for the D1 representative in region 3.

2. Crosby - haven't lost more than 2 district games in 8 years and I think at least 6-2 would get second place. Crosby opens with Ned in Cougar Stadium and has the chance to go 3-1 the last 4 meetings against the Dogs. Austin Walter has more career rushing yards than any other returning rb in 4A next year with over 3500. Aston is not too shabby his self with nearly 3500 career passing yards while adding 1600 rushing. Raelon Singleton has 8 FBS offers to play receiver and could be unguardable in district play next year. Return all o-line starters except one and 8 total on the offense. Don't have to wait long to see what the Cougars are about, 4 of their first 5 are Ned, BH, Dayton, and SC. We're definitely playing D2 unless Dayton doesn't make the playoffs so I think it's Marshall(maybe), Texas City, Elgin and Crosby as the favorites for the region 3 crown.

T3. Kingwood Park - they only bring back 4 or 5 starters on defense and lost all but 1 of their starting offensive linemen which isn't good because their so run heavy but Jordan Feuerbacher returns at TE and ranked top 5 in the state. He's not much of a threat in the passing game only having 13 receptions for 205 yards in 21 career games but he blocks extremely well and is a threat in the redzone. The reason I put them third is because all of their skill position players on offense come back which is extremely valuable. They played Crosby tough but were blown out against the other 3 playoff teams they faced so they're going to have to be able to play very clean and a bit more physical but they're big and disciplined and should give teams fits.

T3. Dayton - really just because they're Dayton but they have a couple issues. They're still pretty young to start off with and no one seems to know who the qb is going to be but either way he's going to be a first year non-senior starter facing some pretty good district competition, even from the likes of Humble and King. Dayton does have a good core of play-makers coming back with the McBrides, Isiah Chambers and Jaq Keener though so it's probably going to be 18 straight playoff appearances for the Broncos.

5. Barbers Hill - I really think BH could switch with KP and we have the same teams as last year. I put them 5th because they usually miss the playoffs every few years since they've been 4A, plus nobody knows if Denny is really playing. Either way they just don't match up well with Crosby and SC and I think they get one more loss in the other 6 games and finish the district season 5-3 like they did last year. BH has to almost play perfect to beat people with the scheme they run. I wonder if it's not time to add the forward pass to the playbook.

6. Humble - boys looked good when they got off the bus last year. They had size and speed but were basically North Forest when they were in this district. Great athletes but it's just not clicking right now, should be better than last year but I still think they finish with only 3 or 4 wins.

7. C.E. King - lost their best player to free agency so I don't see how they finish with more than the three district wins they had last year. One thing I did notice is that they didn't lose a game to a team that finished the season with less than 6 wins but even with the caliber of athletes they have an overall 4-6 or 3-7 record is what they're most likely headed for.   

T9. Porter - [b]Devlin Isadore[/b], the Spartan qb is actually probably going to get a scholarship so there is a bit of talent there. They weren't a small team at all but they weren't very physical either. Whoever wins the NCISD battle will get to remove the T and put an 8 by their name.

T9. New Caney - ran one play last year and were shut out in 5 district games. If they add a sweep to the playbook maybe they will only get shut out in half their district games next year. I don't see how that coach isn't on the hotseat.
[/quote]
Transferred to Ike. Qb will probably be colton clark, who IMO was the better of the two.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1403869" timestamp="1368319489"]
Only way Crosby goes D1 if they make the playoffs is if 2 of these 3 teams make the playoffs ~ Barbers Hill 1287,Porter 1366 & New Caney 1400.I don't see that happening this year.Can't see only 1 team out of Summer Creek,Dayton,Kingwood Park & King making the playoffs.Dayton who sits at 1446 is over Crosby 1440.So whether Dayton makes the playoffs or not will not affect Crosby being D1.Numbers are Attendance figures.

( 1 ) Summer Creek - Could be making a mistake playing movin A.J.Jeffrey at WR.Better than any RB they have.
                                          ( 2 ) Crosby - If the defense >>>> well ya'll know !
                                          ( 3 a) Kingwood Park - Scrappy bunch of kids returning.Coach learns not to freeze his own kicker
                                          ( 3b ) Dayton - Who knows who will show up !
                                          ( 3 c )Barbers Hill - Never liked that offense.Needs Denny at QB
                                            ( 6 ) Humble - Lot of underclassmen got playing time last year.
                                            ( 7 )Porter - Returning QB
                                            ( 8 ) King - No returning offense or Defensive linemen plus loss of Jeffrey could make King Cellar dwellars.
                                            ( 9 ) New Caney - Lots of returning players but the offense is BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGG !!
[/quote]I didn't think King would make it but I forgot KP had 1600+ kids. That means Dayton's playing D2 if KP got in.

So you're saying Isadore is transferring and probably going to start for a 5a playoff team but the backup qb for Porter was better? Maybe you can make that argument for Kellen Haynes when Brian Johnson transferred from Crosby to Baytown Lee but I don't know about that one. Isadore was far and away their best player from what I saw, the coach just needed to call some down field plays and open it up a little.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1403954" timestamp="1368368708"]
So you're saying Isadore is transferring and probably going to start for a 5a playoff team but the backup qb for Porter was better? Maybe you can make that argument for Kellen Haynes when Brian Johnson transferred from Crosby to Baytown Lee but I don't know about that one. Isadore was far and away their best player from what I saw, the coach just needed to call some down field plays and open it up a little.
[/quote]
Isadore makes TONS of mistakes habitually if you watch his game film. Clark isn't the natural Qb that Isadore is but he is an all around better player. Plays the position kind of like Collin Klein, really good with the zone read/option.

If Isadore takes care of the ball, has the right players around him, and his coaches call the right plays he is easily the best player for porter. Take all of that away and Clark is better.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1403582" timestamp="1368293127"]
1. Nederland - experience, experience, experience.
2. Ozen - I've heard they have a stud Rb and a decent offensive line.  Also, they have arguably the most highly touted college prospect in the country in Mr. Tony Brown...
3. Central - with the 3 stooges finally gone and with the arrival of Coach Forman, we should be in the mix with arguably the best secondary in the district starring Mitchell and Locke.
4. Vidor -there are kids there that will be seniors that played on the 2 previous years winning teams that still have that winners swag.  That along with coach Matthews winning program, they will still make the playoffs.
5. PN-G - they return Mr. Rose, but that's about it.
6. Livingston - Smh...  Life after Collins...
7. LC-M -  Seltzer (sp) wasn't much of an impact. Now, that he's gone.....
8. Lumberton - not much talent returning and with the Coach getting canned....
[/quote]
I agree with Soulja. Everyone is chasing (1) Nederland. R. Randle is going to be a beast at RB for (2) Ozen. (3) Central should return to playoff form. And I would give (4) PNG the edge over Vidor. It's hard to replace the heart and soul that Vidor lost. Livingston, LC-M, and Lumberton fight to make sure their "L" doesn't stand for "last".

1.) Summer Creek - To many athletes and Sharp will not be stopped.

2.) Crosby- Not too sure what they have coming back for support, but if in doubt hand it to a twin 

3.) BH - This of course will be dependent on Denny's return which I hear is likely. Most of the skill positions return this year and if they can figure out how to contain Crosby's twins they could take the 2nd spot

4.) Dayton - I think they could be in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for the first time in forever this year, but slide them in because they are Dayton. I think the Bronco's depth with hurt them this year.

5.)Kingwood Park - This team could very well sneak into the top 4 this year, it will be tough keeping them out.

6.) Humble - Just couldn't compete last year, but looked to have some pretty good athlete's plus there underclass men played well at the JV and 9th levels.

7.) CE King - 

8.) Porter - 

9.) New Caney -  ;( ;(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed