Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

To think that Katy has more talent than North Shore is also stupid. Talent is one thing, buying into a program is completely another. Just because you're dedicated and operate as one doesn't mean you have a bunch of talent. Katy is good because they can their kids close to the ceiling while they're still in high school. You ask the UT recruiter who he's taking and it's going to be the kid from North Shore 9 out of 10 times strictly because he's more TALENTED, not because he bought into a program last year. North Shore doesn't highlight anybody, that's why you don't know who half their kids are until they sign with Alabama or UT. Besides Bobby Reid there hasn't been a feature player at North Shore since Tiki Hardeman. The backs split carries, the qb usually gets a scholarship as an "athlete" and they hardly throw to the receivers which are often D1 recruits. Katy is going to play mistake free and out execute you, that's discipline not talent. There's D1 recruits from North Shore who've barely started so how are they being highlighted? If anybody highlights players it's Katy. That's why you can't tell me the name of North Shore's backs but I can name you all of Katy's. They give it to them 25 times a game and they get a bunch of yards and accolades which is the definition of highlighting a player, see Dean, Young and Taylor. Most years the rb is the only player you can name off Katy's team. I guess Nick Saban and Mack Brown are idiots though since they take the kids from North Shore over Katy. Don't mistake being coachable or playing in a good system for having talent or upside because they're two completely different things as you can see every year on signing day.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="1411913" timestamp="1370632044"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411904#msg1411904 date=1370630733]
Interesting perspective ...the list of recruits from NS over the recent years can't be denied.  This plays to your point re: coaching.  But then look at Katy (Katy HS, not the entire district).  They have stellar coaching but seem short on D1 prospects.  I guess the answer is coaching AND talent ...but sure seems like talent wins over coaching in terms of recruiting.
[/quote]

It does.  However, i think its rather stupid to rate talent level based on how many kids get d1 offers.  That speaks to the hard work of the individual, parents, and his head coach that marketed him then it speaks about availability of talent.  If i have the best tool in the world, and have no idea how to apply it to accomplish a purpose....it doesn't matter how great the tool is.  Some coaches focus on individual talent application, other adopt the one heart one beat mentality .  At this level the later produces better results for the team, the previous better for a single player.  North Shore will highlight a player as a center piece, Katy will just insert pieces.  to behave however that this somehow means the talent is less then NS is ridiculous.  anyone that see's Katy play, knows they are not only physically talented....but they operate as a single organism.  Its truly beautiful to watch, there is not a finer program in all the country.

North Shore kids will tell you that playing Katy is like nothing they have ever done before.  The coaches will tell you its the most difficult team they ever had to prepare for.  Every team, who has ever played Katy...win or lose will sing nothing but praises about them.    In fact, later in life the players will tell stories about the times they got their rear ends handed to them by the boys from west of Houston or brag that their were one of the very few that every beat Katy.

Katy doesn't have a ton of d1 success or NFL success, but those kids can ball nonetheless.    Katy is a superior program to NS in ever facet except how many kids get full scholarships.  One of the most important aspects, is that they produce winners in every aspect of life at Katy.    Excellence is Tradition is their motto, and it extends and permeates far past the gridiron.
[/quote]

I'm with you on this to a point.  I guess it's all about the end game.  If the goal is producing outstanding student athletes with good character, then yes Katy is consistantly meeting the goal.  Others might argue that producing college recruits (which usually come with a full or partial ride) is the goal or a sign of success.  For others it just comes down to winning year in and year out.

Cougar14 has a point about NS talent ...but may want to qualify it by stating INDIVIDUAL talent.  Katy certainly has TEAM talent. 

Just to let everyone know, Quest HS left from SC's campus in 2011, and even when they were there I don't think they were included in the enrollment number. They were their own independent school, they weren't even allowed to be in SC athletics or academic teams. I agree with demdawgs that Humble's enrollment will eventually get back over 2000 once the politics subside but I don't think that will happen by the Oct 2013 snapshot so SC will have a 5a/6a enrollment.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1411930" timestamp="1370637323"]
Just to let everyone know, Quest HS left from SC's campus in 2011, and even when they were there I don't think they were included in the enrollment number. They were their own independent school, they weren't even allowed to be in SC athletics or academic teams. I agree with demdawgs that Humble's enrollment will eventually get back over 2000 once the politics subside but I don't think that will happen by the Oct 2013 snapshot so SC will have a 5a/6a enrollment.
[/quote]

We shall see.  I've heard that SC will have an entire wing that won't be in use this school year. 

Deunte Chatman of Summer Creek will make a big difference in the offense for SC.He is very versatile and very hard-working.I think he should play linebacker instead of running because that will probably be his position in college but he is athletic enough to handle running back.He just got invited to the Rivals.com Underclassmen Challenge in Dallas,Texas in July and Rivals has him rated #23 prospect in Texas for the class of 2015.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411932" timestamp="1370637437"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1411930#msg1411930 date=1370637323]
[/quote]

We shall see.  I've heard that SC will have an entire wing that won't be in use this school year.
[/quote]
You mean the Career/Technology Center? It was barely used when I was a student there.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1411933" timestamp="1370637732"]
Deunte Chatman of Summer Creek will make a big difference in the offense for SC.He is very versatile and very hard-working.I think he should play linebacker instead of running because that will probably be his position in college but he is athletic enough to handle running back.He just got invited to the Rivals.com Underclassmen Challenge in Dallas,Texas in July and Rivals has him rated #23 prospect in Texas for the class of 2015.
[/quote]
Can't wait to see how he turns out. Should be an important leader for the team in 2014.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411932" timestamp="1370637437"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well i guess you heard wrong lol. You've got atleast three guys saying different than you are yet your gonna stay convinced till it happens. SC will be 6A next realignment. There ain't no getting past that jack! lol.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1411937" timestamp="1370638021"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411932#msg1411932 date=1370637437]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well i guess you heard wrong lol. You've got atleast three guys saying different than you are yet your gonna stay convinced till it happens. SC will be 6A next realignment. There ain't no getting past that jack! lol.
[/quote]

Your negativity is not helping right now.  I'm starting a petition to keep SC in 4A.  Will you sign?

[quote name="cougar14" post="1411926" timestamp="1370636561"]
To think that Katy has more talent than North Shore is also stupid. Talent is one thing, buying into a program is completely another. Just because you're dedicated and operate as one doesn't mean you have a bunch of talent. Katy is good because they can their kids close to the ceiling while they're still in high school. You ask the UT recruiter who he's taking and it's going to be the kid from North Shore 9 out of 10 times strictly because he's more TALENTED, not because he bought into a program last year. North Shore doesn't highlight anybody, that's why you don't know who half their kids are until they sign with Alabama or UT. Besides Bobby Reid there hasn't been a feature player at North Shore since Tiki Hardeman. The backs split carries, the qb usually gets a scholarship as an "athlete" and they hardly throw to the receivers which are often D1 [right][/right]recruits. Katy is going to play mistake free and out execute you, that's discipline not talent. There's D1 recruits from North Shore who've barely started so how are they being highlighted? If anybody highlights players it's Katy. That's why you can't tell me the name of North Shore's backs but I can name you all of Katy's. They give it to them 25 times a game and they get a bunch of yards and accolades which is the definition of highlighting a player, see Dean, Young and Taylor. Most years the rb is the only player you can name off Katy's team. I guess Nick Saban and Mack Brown are idiots though since they take the kids from North Shore over Katy. Don't mistake being coachable or playing in a good system for having talent or upside because they're two completely different things as you can see every year on signing day.
[/quote]man your funny. I bet i used to ball on you at greenwood park.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411939" timestamp="1370638176"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1411937#msg1411937 date=1370638021]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411932#msg1411932 date=1370637437]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Your negativity is not helping right now.  I'm starting a petition to keep SC in 4A.  Will you sign?
[/quote]
I'm not being negative. I'm being factual. You just think i'm being negative because you don't like the facts that i'm throwing at you lol. And no i will not sign your petition.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411939" timestamp="1370638176"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
They are going to move up eventually, no time like the present IMO

[/quote]

Hold on ..."DChatman2008" is stating that D Chaptman will be great ...IS THIS DEUNTE?!  You left out that he's the most handsome guy in the school and is a perfect angel ...lol.

I saw you ...I mean, Deunte at the spring ball game.  He had a great game and looks like a BEAST.  Should give lots of teams trouble.  I agree about the move to linebacker as well ...but we have some depth there (not sure if its enough).  We definitely need his help at RB as SC likes to use RB by committee.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1411943" timestamp="1370638438"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411939#msg1411939 date=1370638176]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not you too Aschom78!  There's not gonna be a move to 5A or 6A ...SC barely has 1400 kids.  That is our story and we're sticking to it.

Deunte Chatman of Summer Creek will make a big difference in the offense for SC.He is very versatile and very hard-working.I think he should [b]play linebacker[/b] instead of running because that will probably be his position in college but he is athletic enough to handle running back.He just got invited to the Rivals.com Underclassmen Challenge in Dallas,Texas in July and Rivals has him rated #23 prospect in Texas for the class of 2015.
[/quote]

I agree. Or Defensive End. I believe Jeffrey should be in backfield at some point....

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1411940" timestamp="1370638337"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1411926#msg1411926 date=1370636561]
To think that Katy has more talent than North Shore is also stupid. Talent is one thing, buying into a program is completely another. Just because you're dedicated and operate as one doesn't mean you have a bunch of talent. Katy is good because they can their kids close to the ceiling while they're still in high school. You ask the UT recruiter who he's taking and it's going to be the kid from North Shore 9 out of 10 times strictly because he's more TALENTED, not because he bought into a program last year. North Shore doesn't highlight anybody, that's why you don't know who half their kids are until they sign with Alabama or UT. Besides Bobby Reid there hasn't been a feature player at North Shore since Tiki Hardeman. The backs split carries, the qb usually gets a scholarship as an "athlete" and they hardly throw to the receivers which are often D1 [right][/right]recruits. Katy is going to play mistake free and out execute you, that's discipline not talent. There's D1 recruits from North Shore who've barely started so how are they being highlighted? If anybody highlights players it's Katy. That's why you can't tell me the name of North Shore's backs but I can name you all of Katy's. They give it to them 25 times a game and they get a bunch of yards and accolades which is the definition of highlighting a player, see Dean, Young and Taylor. Most years the rb is the only player you can name off Katy's team. I guess Nick Saban and Mack Brown are idiots though since they take the kids from North Shore over Katy. Don't mistake being coachable or playing in a good system for having talent or upside because they're two completely different things as you can see every year on signing day.
[/quote]I have no idea what you're talking about and why am I funny? We used to play on Wade in McNair and MacArthur parks. I doubt you could ever beat me at anything Bronco. I'm talking anything athletic at all, even ping pong and golf. I'm thirty years old and still catching alley oops and getting 20 a night in our work league which is actually pretty competitive and full of ex college hoopsters. Your mouth is going to write a check your a*& can't cash. You can kill me on Crosby and Dayton all day but this really ain't what you want. I'll make sure my little Cougar14 drops the hammer on Dayton extra hard next year just for you. 

[quote name="cougar14" post="1411948" timestamp="1370640560"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=111829.msg1411940#msg1411940 date=1370638337]
[/quote]I have no idea what you're talking about and why am I funny? We used to play on Wade in McNair and MacArthur parks. I doubt you could ever beat me at anything Bronco. I'm talking anything athletic at all, even ping pong and golf. I'm thirty years old and still catching alley oops and getting 20 a night in our work league which is actually pretty competitive and full of ex college hoopsters. Your mouth is going to write a check your a*& can't cash. You can kill me on Crosby and Dayton all day but this really ain't what you want. I'll make sure my little Cougar14 drops the hammer on Dayton extra hard next year just for you.
[/quote]

Speaking of Crosby vs Dayton ...how'd Crosby lose to Dayton last year?  I'm still amazed those guys got 9 wins.  Crosby seemed like the better of the two teams talent-wise.  Did this come down to coaching?

[quote name="cougar14" post="1411948" timestamp="1370640560"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=111829.msg1411940#msg1411940 date=1370638337]
[/quote]so your saying you have to be athletic to play ping pong and golf. Also you play in a highly competetive work bb league. Wow. Im impressed. Also i dont want your little coug14 dropping anything on me. I actually call mine big Bronco pride but im sure little coug14 suites yours just fine.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411950" timestamp="1370641148"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1411948#msg1411948 date=1370640560]
[/quote]

Speaking of Crosby vs Dayton ...how'd Crosby lose to Dayton last year?  I'm still amazed those guys got 9 wins.  Crosby seemed like the better of the two teams talent-wise.  Did this come down to coaching?
[/quote]i thought the same thing when dayton pounded mw right after they handed sc an arse whipping.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411945" timestamp="1370638941"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1411943#msg1411943 date=1370638438]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411939#msg1411939 date=1370638176]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not you too Aschom78!  There's not gonna be a move to 5A or 6A ...SC barely has 1400 kids.  That is our story and we're sticking to it.
[/quote]
The joke is kinda dead at this point, was funny the first time you said it but it's gotten old. In 2011 when I was walking the halls of SC it was crowded with underclassmen so its likely they will have roughly 2300 in the fall.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1411952" timestamp="1370641837"]
[/quote][b]so your saying you have to be athletic to play ping pong and golf[/b]. Also you play in a highly competetive work bb league. Wow. Im impressed. Also i dont want your little coug14 dropping anything on me. I actually call mine big Bronco pride but im sure little coug14 suites yours just fine.
[/quote]Yeah, you have to be somewhat athletic to play both well. I was just saying even those. The basketball goal outside is 9-10 and my little coug can touch the rim and he just going to 7th grade next year so we'll see who does what.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411950" timestamp="1370641148"]
[/quote]

Speaking of Crosby vs Dayton ...how'd Crosby lose to Dayton last year?  I'm still amazed those guys got 9 wins.  Crosby seemed like the better of the two teams talent-wise.  [b]Did this come down to coaching?[/b]
[/quote]Over the years it has. We've had Jimmy Dickey, Larry Haynes, Kevin Flannigan and now Jeff Riordan while Dayton has had Jerry Stewart who was actually at Crosby first. Dayton has had a coaching advantage for a long time but we'll see what happens now he's semi-retired. I believe if we would have had Stewart we would have a state title and probably two or three regional titles in what would have been almost a 20 year tenure. My dad told me Dayton used to be a joke back in the day so I guess it has been their time, I guess we'll see what happens over the course of times with the new regimes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics