Barbers Hill vs Brenham- Predictions

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1401769" timestamp="1367882907"]
gcmpats and dayton fans, what makes you think BH is a deeper team than Brenham? Have you guys seen Brenham play this year? From a pitching standpoint Thames is very good but not overpowering, 83-85 mph tops...They do not have a 95mph stud ala Josh Beckett to trot out there which I think somewhat equalizes them come playoff series time IMHO. Now Brenham doesnt either which is why I think this series is a toss up regardless of records, dont let the rankings and records fool you. Denny and Wunderlich are both studs. Newman and Beasley both very good catchers. Homan and Joziwak are both good SS. Thames is probably the best pitcher in the series but Brenham has very capable arms as well. Its too bad this matchup is happening so early in the playoffs too. Anyway I hope they figure out a way to keep it a 3 game series.
[/quote]

Mine is more of an opinion than an assessment based on fact.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1401769" timestamp="1367882907"]
gcmpats and dayton fans, what makes you think BH is a deeper team than Brenham? Have you guys seen Brenham play this year? From a pitching standpoint Thames is very good but not overpowering, 83-85 mph tops...They do not have a 95mph stud ala Josh Beckett to trot out there which I think somewhat equalizes them come playoff series time IMHO. Now Brenham doesnt either which is why I think this series is a toss up regardless of records, dont let the rankings and records fool you. Denny and Wunderlich are both studs. Newman and Beasley both very good catchers. Homan and Joziwak are both good SS. Thames is probably the best pitcher in the series but Brenham has very capable arms as well. Its too bad this matchup is happening so early in the playoffs too. Anyway I hope they figure out a way to keep it a 3 game series.
[/quote]

Spot on....agree 100 percent.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1401743" timestamp="1367872884"]
Barbers Hill and Vidor played a dh on a Saturday in '07 when Vidor's prom was that night. If I'm not mistaken, all of the Vidor players made it to the prom as well.
I am starting to think like an earlier poster questioned....did this all come up before or after the coin flip ?
[/quote]

There never was a coin flip because they both decided 2 out of 3 one at each home field. Then the EOC testing thing came up after this was decided. So it was going to be 1 Friday and DH on Saturday but they agreed to DH on Friday instead of Saturday..

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1401773" timestamp="1367884961"]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=111735.msg1401769#msg1401769 date=1367882907]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is your game 3 pitcher if it did happen?

[quote name="brenhambaseball" post="1401871" timestamp="1367941651"]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111735.msg1401773#msg1401773 date=1367884961]
[quote author=Kenny Powers link=topic=111735.msg1401769#msg1401769 date=1367882907]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Johnny Wholestaff

[quote name="GCMPats2" post="1401884" timestamp="1367943488"]
[quote author=brenhambaseball link=topic=111735.msg1401871#msg1401871 date=1367941651]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Johnny Wholestaff
[/quote]

;) alright don't tell me

[quote name="brenhambaseball" post="1401890" timestamp="1367944066"]
[quote author=GCMPats2 link=topic=111735.msg1401884#msg1401884 date=1367943488]
[quote author=brenhambaseball link=topic=111735.msg1401871#msg1401871 date=1367941651]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Johnny Wholestaff
[/quote]

;) alright don't tell me
[/quote]

I can't tell you what I don't know. I could name 3 or 4 guys on the BH roster and maybe 2 or 3 on the Cubs roster. So IMO BH is deeper.

I think Thames and the other guy win the first two.

I have only seen BH play one game this year.  The offense is pretty good.  The pitching appears to be pretty good, but I have yet to see either of the top two pitch.  All I know is we have allowed quite a few runs this year, but have also found a way to outscore the opponents.  That being said, great pitching almost always wins at this level.  I think this could be a toss up series myself.  If it goes 3 games, BH takes it.     

[quote name="bhdog28" post="1401929" timestamp="1367950402"]
But man, that 85 sure does move alot    ;D
[/quote]

A good hitter can catchup to a fastball.  I have watched kids throw junk and kill a lot of teams.  i.e Listi form Huffman 4 or 5 years back. nw BH has t least on kid that has a nasty curve and slider.     

If your referring to me I certainly never said they were crappy, especially since I have kin in that line-up. They are far from being crappy or even average, theyre a talented team that should go far. I was just expressing my ONLY concern and that was it , noithing more to it. They've sure had a heck of a year and hopefully it will continue

[quote name="BH93" post="1401952" timestamp="1367953379"]
If your referring to me I certainly never said they were crappy, especially since I have kin in that line-up. They are far from being crappy or even average, theyre a talented team that should go far. I was just expressing my ONLY concern and that was it , noithing more to it. They've sure had a heck of a year and hopefully it will continue
[/quote]

Not calling anyone out. It's all good.

Remember the last time these two teams play BH whooped them sooo bad that thier "long" time coach quite  ;D ;D.... is the new coach going to be able to handle it????? ;) :o ;D

Just poking at Brenhamfan :)

No one said they were crappy, but its a lot easier to see another HS team especially at this late in the season hitting 85 vs 95.  The level of donkey is going up lol. I'm not saying its doom and gloom for BH but the margin for error is much harder with 82-85. Not to mention the level of umpiring has been absolutely terrible this year from what I have seen so if you are depending on an umpire calling fastballs with movement good luck because they have a hard enough time calling straight over the top fastballs.  Now does Brenham have the plate discipline to lay off those borderline pitchers pitches and not get themselves out? That remains to be seen and could be the key to game 1.

Any of the kids below could be pitching in this series. These are the kids listed that are pitchers for BH. 31-2, I'm sure they can get the job done.

Sam Hallen  6   
Christian Thames  9 
Wes Cauley  12   
Logan Lyday  34   
Rayne Hobbs  22   
Austin Knotts  44   
Aaron Barber  15   
Colton Sheffield  8 
Trey Smith  20 
Bryce Matthew  20 
Mason Furlong  31

• Member Statistics