*Bridge City at West Orange-Stark Broadcast & Updates*/Bridge City wins 9-4

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1390377" timestamp="1364777626"]
Sorry Rake Rake Rake have not been Enlightened just yet. My guess is you have a son that playes on the team. Never been to a little league game so you are wrong about me, matter of fact my kids are grown. Actually my deal is not about BC but schools in general. [color=red][b]I sat up in the stands and listened to little league coaches and they said and I quote, they would have their pitchers plunk a kid for what went on in that game.[/b][/color] You can say what you want but that goes on all the time and in the system, Little league or varsity. They learn from the professional sports.
[/quote]

Oh and by the way, what would your reason be for plunking the batter in that situation? I know why older guys do it, just curious why they do it in little league? Someone steal the dip-n-dots or make a mean face?

Rake1

Really Rake, you must be the head coach. Like I told you before never been to a a little leauge game but if you guys shape your game after professionals or the college sports than that is sad. At one time I thought high school sports was the puriest form of athletics, I guess I was wrong. Baseball is not the only sport. By the way I never back down from anything. Maybe you should try your luck and see. ;D

[quote name="Rake1" post="1390400" timestamp="1364781037"]
Someone alert the media!!!! Jose Altuve for the Houston Astros just left his batting helmet for the 3rd base coach to take back to the dugout!! HOW DISRESPECTFUL AND ARROGANT!!! Isn't that right Riding Solo??

Rake1
[/quote]

Yes it is, that is why I do not watch professional sports. Are you saying high school kids should act the same way?

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1390401" timestamp="1364782250"]
Really Rake, you must be the head coach. Like I told you before never been to a a little leauge game but if you guys shape your game after professionals or the college sports than that is sad. At one time I thought high school sports was the puriest form of athletics, I guess I was wrong. Baseball is not the only sport. By the way I never back down from anything. Maybe you should try your luck and see. ;D
[/quote]

You already backed up off your original statements once your theory was proven wrong and an explanation was offered. I have never changed my statement and offered up plenty of reasons to support it. You on the other hand refuse to address the original issue where you called out BC players for what "you and your little league coalition" perceived to be disrespectful when in fact it was a brand of baseball that was completely over your head. Again I'll tell you to go ask someone who knows the game and you will again be proven wrong. And as far as backing up or trying my luck with you, not a problem at all, BC's schedule is posted and I'll be at all of them.

Rake1

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1390406" timestamp="1364782934"]
Lets see how much money does Jose Altuve make?  I am sure it is way more than any high school or college player. Is that the best example you can give?
[/quote]

How many more examples would you like?

On TV now.....

Check Fox Sports Pacific
Arizona State at Texas Tech

or Fox Sports Atlantic
Mississippi at Florida

HAPPENS EVERY INNING!!

None of those guys on base or batting when the 3rd out is made except the catcher goes back in the dugout to get gear or put up helmets or bats. They leave it on the field or give it to a base coach. Get over it!!!

What else can I do to help you understand this game called baseball?

Rake1

Coach Landry of BC was coached (wasn't just on the team, he was a starter) by one of the toughest if not THE toughest coach in college...PURE old school baseball and he brings that to his team. I don't have a kid on the team but will say C Landry will not put up with a lot you see from other teams. Knowing him since HS ball, I will say he's one of the best baseball coaches in the area....BTW I'm a HJ fan UNTILL BC comes to town

[quote name="643" post="1390442" timestamp="1364819139"]
Coach Landry of BC was coached (wasn't just on the team, he was a starter) by one of the toughest if not THE toughest coach in college...PURE old school baseball and he brings that to his team. I don't have a kid on the team but will say C Landry will not put up with a lot you see from other teams. Knowing him since HS ball, [b]I will say he's one of the best baseball coaches in the area[/b]....BTW I'm a HJ fan UNTILL BC comes to town
[/quote]

I agree...... 100%

[/quote]

As a fan of baseball and a Mustang supporter, I have to agree with Rake. It's the way the game is played. good bad or indifferent BC drops the bat for the next player. As far as leaving helmet and batting gloves for someone to get, that's right too. The guys in the dugout should pick up anyone that was hitting or on base. I don't remember any BC players showing up the umpires. I will say this, I didn't agree with calls for both teams. It's like the strike zone was floating. Congrats to BC on the win.

[/quote]

Dude you should give up now. Rake is 100% correct in his reasoning as to why the players do this, it also speeds up the game. If it was disrespectful, I guarantee you Landry wouldn't allow it, much less go pick up their helmet.  Why would teams not shape their game after professionals or college teams?  Isn't that the ultimate goal for 99% of high school baseball players? 

When I am wrong, I am man enough to admit it. I was wrong in posting what I did on a public forum. I played high school baseball 33 years ago and some of the thing that go on today did not happen back then. I guess I will have to get use to it. In no way shape or form was I trying to discredit the BC Coach or its program. I don't even know the man. My message came across wrong and for that I am sorry.

It's OK Solo, when I read your post I had a good idea you have NOT been to a baseball game in a really long time.... ;D  Still shaking my head (smh) at some of the lectures you got....  ;)    But all in all your observation about the Mustangs was pretty right on.....Landry has done a good job with this team.....Not the most talented but they have alot of heart.....Anderson is determined to get it done on the mound and I bet it'll happen for him this year.....(moose)  ha

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1390546" timestamp="1364840221"]
When I am wrong, I am man enough to admit it. I was wrong in posting what I did on a public forum. I played high school baseball 33 years ago and some of the thing that go on today did not happen back then. I guess I will have to get use to it. In no way shape or form was I trying to discredit the BC Coach or its program. I don't even know the man. My message came across wrong and for that I am sorry.
[/quote]

Anybody willing to make a public apology is okay in my book. No hard feelings Solo.

Rake1

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1390338" timestamp="1364767124"]
Also the BC players had this arrogance about them that was embarrassing. Times have changed I guess and so has coaching.
[/quote]

You are pretty clueless, my friend. If you want to watch a group of kids play "pure", hard nosed baseball, go watch BC Baseball. I can promise you, in that dugout, playing any other way is unacceptable. Not just amongst the coaches, but amongst the players. BC Baseball has a rich tradition that runs deep in every player that has been a part of it. Sort of like a fraternity. If you have never been a part of it, there is no way you will understand it. Coach Landry is an absolute class act and a 100% "baseball guy" that understands how to play the game the RIGHT WAY. He has been an absolute perfect fit since he has been there. It's no coincidence that BC has been pulling these "ugly" wins off lately. Good, well coached teams with great kids find a way to win. Hats off to you Cards....keep playing ball the right way and you will keep stringing wins together. There is no doubt in my mind that, come playoff time, you will be ready to make a run. Keep that BC Baseball tradition rolling! Go Cards!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder