Triple a academy

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1387439" timestamp="1363882774"]
[quote]AAA has at least 4 players (that I know) attended AAA since 8th grade[/quote]

That's odd.  Last year was Triple A's first year as a "public school".  The youngest kid on their roster is a sophomore.  That means that he was at Triple A as a freshman.  It is impossible for Triple A to have had 8th graders since they don't have a junior high. 

Bottom line is Triple A was an AAU group that decided to become a "public school".  Unfortunately, right now in the State of Texas, any Tom, Dick, or Harry can start their own school and it is 3 years before TEA ever gets to them to see if they are operating within the guidelines that TEA has set forth for public schools.

Triple A is simply an AAU outfit and their CEO's son is the best player.  Daddy wants his son to get to win a state championship and the only way to guarantee that was for him to form his own school with SELECTED TALENT and ASSEMBLED TALENT from an AAU organization. 

Get this....Triple A had to hire another person to coach the team this year because Singleton, the current coach, had been their AAU coach and that would not fly with UIL.  So they make Singleton the AD then after the current coach loses 3 games in a row, they fire him and make Singleton the head coach again....funny thing....the "fired coach" stayed on as the assistant.  Yeah....nothing shady about that.  Just another group that finds ways to skirt the rules.
[/quote]

I thought I was through with this topic, but I will say this GREAT POST LAZEEK!!!! but BD will say Mumford ISD was started for the same reasons. ;D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1387433" timestamp="1363881704"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=110076.msg1387430#msg1387430 date=1363881174]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1387397#msg1387397 date=1363874750]
Bottom line.... There aren't any major differences in Mumford and AAA Accept it and move on
1. They both educate their students as their mission
2. They both get students from a large geographic area
3. They both take a serious interest in their sports program
4. They both are 1-A and played and made it to State
5. They both in some circles are accused of stretching the rules

[/quote]You forgot: both teams have 4 kids who will likely play at the next level. Oh wait, that's just ONE of the teams!! ::)
[/quote]

Come one Abe, that is PURELY coincidental.
[/quote]Thank you Nash!! ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1387461" timestamp="1363886844"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1387433#msg1387433 date=1363881704]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=110076.msg1387430#msg1387430 date=1363881174]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1387397#msg1387397 date=1363874750]
Bottom line.... There aren't any major differences in Mumford and AAA Accept it and move on

[/quote]You forgot: both teams have 4 kids who will likely play at the next level. Oh wait, that's just ONE of the teams!! ::)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think everything that Lazeek posted ( and I have verified this information) is also "coincidental?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1387433" timestamp="1363881704"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You're right. I 'm sure most 1A schools have MULTIPLE players who will play at the next level, right? What are the statistics: About 3.1% of HS Bball student-athletes play at the next level? Does that sound about right? Yet a school in the smallest classification in Texas (1A) has approx 35-40% of their team who will likely play at the next level? Interesting....

Over the last 10 years, I wonder how many (TOTAL) 1A kids from SETX played at the collegiate level?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1387462" timestamp="1363886987"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1387461#msg1387461 date=1363886844]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1387433#msg1387433 date=1363881704]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think everything that Lazeek posted ( and I have verified this information) is also "coincidental?
[/quote] I'll respond  ;)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1387446" timestamp="1363884611"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=110076.msg1387439#msg1387439 date=1363882774]
[quote]AAA has at least 4 players (that I know) attended AAA since 8th grade[/quote]

That's odd.  Last year was Triple A's first year as a "public school".  The youngest kid on their roster is a sophomore.  That means that he was at Triple A as a freshman.  It is impossible for Triple A to have had 8th graders since they don't have a junior high. 

Bottom line is Triple A was an AAU group that decided to become a "public school".  Unfortunately, right now in the State of Texas, any Tom, Dick, or Harry can start their own school and it is 3 years before TEA ever gets to them to see if they are operating within the guidelines that TEA has set forth for public schools.

Triple A is simply an AAU outfit and their CEO's son is the best player.  Daddy wants his son to get to win a state championship and the only way to guarantee that was for him to form his own school with SELECTED TALENT and ASSEMBLED TALENT from an AAU organization. 

Get this....Triple A had to hire another person to coach the team this year because Singleton, the current coach, had been their AAU coach and that would not fly with UIL.  So they make Singleton the AD then after the current coach loses 3 games in a row, they fire him and make Singleton the head coach again....funny thing....the "fired coach" stayed on as the assistant.  Yeah....nothing shady about that.  Just another group that finds ways to skirt the rules.
[/quote]

I thought I was through with this topic, but I will say this GREAT POST LAZEEK!!!! but BD will say Mumford ISD was started for the same reasons. ;D
[/quote] ::) I would not dare believe such a thing

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1387446" timestamp="1363884611"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=110076.msg1387439#msg1387439 date=1363882774]

[/quote]

[/quote]I knew you could not resist it.

Lets see now...hmmm? The names in bold I know are still with AAA. Not sure about Johnson kid (Larry Johnson's son UNLV fame. So thats about 4-5 players from the 8th grade. Just a different version of Little Dribblers. They grow up and play together. Like Mumford High.

AAA Stallions [color=red][size=14pt]14U/8th Grade Basketball Team 2011 Roster[/size][/color]
NUM PLAYER POS HT WT SCHOOL
1 Ty Bennett G/F 6-0 158 St. Anthony School, Dallas, Texas
3 [b]Amon Gilder [/b]G 5-10 155 Triple A Academy, Dallas, Texas
23 Lasani Johnson F 6-1 170 Triple A Academy, Dallas, Texas
22 [b]King McClure [/b]G 6-2 190 Triple A Academy, Dallas, Texas
44 Brandon Moore C 6-3 165 Triple A Academy, Dallas, Texas
33 Dalyn Mumphrey C 6-5 215 Triple A Academy, Dallas, Texas
32 Lavel Ramsey, Jr. C 6-4 190 Schimelpfenig Middle School, Plano, Texas
24 Sam Shiff F 6-1 160 Renner Middle School, Plano, Texas
10 [b]Tyler Singleton G 5-9 130 Triple A Academy, Dallas, Texas
[/b]

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1387508" timestamp="1363894874"]
weak- try harder - not to mention what a joke the coach/ad situation is/was
[/quote] UIL rule states that a high school coach can't coach his AAU player who plays on the same high school team. [color=red]So if thats true[/color], maybe Mumford need to get their State title .  NEXT!!! ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1387516" timestamp="1363895764"]
C'mon guys! Keep trying-  I love it!!!!

Again, my main point is this: I don't see any major differences between Mumford and AAA. So, I guess the "Old Coach" knew what he was talking about. [i]The kettle calling the pot black.[/i]
[/quote]

Mumford didnt have an AAU coach as its "athletic director" before "firing" the head coach so as to allow the AAU coach/athletic director back to the head coaching job while retaining the "fired" head coach as an assistant.  The "pot" is about as corrupt as can be regardless of color.  The only thing more sad Dove, is that you fully understand what has happened and are still trying to make it appear legit.  The "uninformed" crowd pretty knowledgable.  Let me know when somebody besides Dicky thinks your contentions have even a whiff of credibility.

A 14U AAU team does not qualify as a junior high school team.  It does not mean they attended Triple A Academy academically.  They couldn't have because Triple A does not have a junior high school.  Freshmen in high school are 14 years old.  Therefore, they can play on the 14U AAU Team.

Again,  Triple A was not a school until last year.  How could any of their roster been in junior high when they didn't even have a school two years ago.

The difference is Triple A is not an academic institution.  They are putting kids on computer generated curriculum's for a few hours a day and then hitting the gym. 

There is nothing wrong with that BUT, they should not be allowed to compete for the same championships as schools who:  1) cannot control their enrollment  2) cannot select their enrollment 3) must adhere to strict guidelines set forth by TEA regarding hours per day in the classroom 4) strict guidelines per TEA regarding instruction and how it is given

Guest Air Bisquit
Lets face it BD!!! You are wrong for believing what Triple AAA is doing, they are making a mockery of the TEA and UIL and it is hard for me to believe you think it is fair.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1387527" timestamp="1363897130"]
A 14U AAU team does not qualify as a junior high school team.  It does not mean they attended Triple A Academy academically.  They couldn't have because Triple A does not have a junior high school.  Freshmen in high school are 14 years old.  Therefore, they can play on the 14U AAU Team.

Again,  Triple A was not a school until last year.  How could any of their roster been in junior high when they didn't even have a school two years ago.

The difference is Triple A is not an academic institution.  They are putting kids on computer generated curriculum's for a few hours a day and then hitting the gym. 

There is nothing wrong with that BUT, they should not be allowed to compete for the same championships as schools who:  1) cannot control their enrollment  2) cannot select their enrollment 3) must adhere to strict guidelines set forth by TEA regarding hours per day in the classroom 4) strict guidelines per TEA regarding instruction and how it is given
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1387507" timestamp="1363894580"]
Lets see now...hmmm? The names in bold I know are still with AAA. Not sure about Johnson kid (Larry Johnson's son UNLV fame. So thats about 4-5 players from the 8th grade. Just a different version of Little Dribblers. They grow up and play together. Like Mumford High.

AAA Stallions [color=red][size=14pt]14U/8th Grade Basketball Team 2011 Roster[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Gilder helped Madison win the 3A crown this year. Soph guard with NBA range.

[quote name="flukeshot" post="1387750" timestamp="1363924880"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1387507#msg1387507 date=1363894580]

[/quote]

Gilder helped Madison win the 3A crown this year. Soph guard with NBA range.
[/quote]Your right, I did see him with Madison and knew he had played with AAA. Didn't know his name.  ;)
So thats probably makes it two players from the 8th grade team still playing.Current AAA players haven't been together that long.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1387759" timestamp="1363925470"]
Gilder went to Madison because that was where he was zoned to attend.

Also, was told he did not want to be a part of any "shady" doings at AAA. ;)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83