Triple a academy

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386681" timestamp="1363717066"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110076.msg1386678#msg1386678 date=1363716931]
This is easy From both schools website

I did not see anything in Mumfords policies about participate in collegiate sports; junior college, NAIA or NCAA Division athletics

[color=blue]From Triple AAA Academy--- Triple A Academy is a high school division/campus of FOCUS Academies that provides academic and[b] athletic development for the student that desires to participate in collegiate sports; junior college, NAIA or NCAA Divisions[/b] [/color]

Mumford ISD The mission of the Texas public education system is to ensure that all Texas children have access to a quality education that enables them to achieve their full potential and fully participate now and in the future in the social, economic, and educational opportunities in our state and nation.  That mission is grounded on the conviction that a general diffusion of knowledge is essential for the welfare of Texas and for the preservation of the liberties and rights of Texas citizens.  It is further grounded on the conviction that a successful public education system is directly related to a strong, dedicated, and supportive family and that parental involvement in the school is essential for the maximum educational achievement of a child.  The objectives of public education are:
OBJECTIVE 1:  Parents will be full partners with educators in the education of their children.
OBJECTIVE 2:  Students will be encouraged and challenged to meet their full educational potential.
OBJECTIVE 3:  Through enhanced dropout prevention efforts, all students will remain in school until they obtain a diploma.
OBJECTIVE 4:  A well-balanced and appropriate curriculum will be provided to all students.
OBJECTIVE 5:  Educators will prepare students to be thoughtful, active citizens who have an appreciation for the basic values of our state and national heritage and who can understand and productively function in a free enterprise society.
OBJECTIVE 6:  Qualified and highly effective personnel will be recruited, developed, and retained.
OBJECTIVE 7:  Texas students will demonstrate exemplary performance in comparison to national and international standards.
OBJECTIVE 8:  School campuses will maintain a safe and disciplined environment conducive to student learning.
OBJECTIVE 9:  Educators will keep abreast of the development of creative and innovative techniques in instruction and administration using those techniques as appropriate to improve student learning.
OBJECTIVE 10:  Technology will be implemented and used to increase the effectiveness of student learning, instructional management, staff development, and administration.
The academic goals of public education are to serve as a foundation for a well-balanced and appropriate education.  The students in the public education system will demonstrate exemplary performance in:
GOAL 1:  The reading and writing of the English language.
GOAL 2:  The understanding of mathematics.
GOAL 3:  The understanding of science.
GOAL 4:  The understanding of social studies.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLUS 50 for Farmer Fran

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

UDAMAN Fran
[/quote]

Glad to help ;D ;D
I am sure Dove will twist all of that around to work for his benifit ;D ;D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386688" timestamp="1363718021"]
I am trying to convince Dove and Dickie V to establish multiple identities on this board so it will appear as though someone is agreeing with them besides themselves.
[/quote]

Now that is funny LMBO ;D ;D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386688" timestamp="1363718021"]
I am trying to convince Dove and Dickie V to establish multiple identities on this board so it will appear as though someone is agreeing with them besides themselves.
[/quote]If you can do that (the IMPOSSIBLE) then you deserve to have your own section on the forum  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1386704" timestamp="1363720538"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1386688#msg1386688 date=1363718021]
[/quote]If you can do that (the IMPOSSIBLE) then you deserve to have your own section on the forum  ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

See Dove and myself are realists who can see the entire picture as it is....If Mumford were.....more "urban", they would be viewed just as these kids from AAA are....cheaters...REALIST view..They "acquire" their kids in the same manner and in stevenash's eyes, and apparently some similar thinkers, its perfectly ok...After all...They are SUBurban...right? ::) ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1386716" timestamp="1363722369"]
See Dove and myself are realists who can see the entire picture as it is....If Mumford were.....more "urban", they would be viewed just as these kids from AAA are....cheaters...REALIST view..They "acquire" their kids in the same manner and in stevenash's eyes, and apparently some similar thinkers, its perfectly ok...After all...They are SUBurban...right? ::) ::)
[/quote]
I cannot for the life of me see how you, Dickie V, with all those degrees and education that you say you have, can STILL have such stupid opinions. ??? :o ::)

[/quote]

Dickie- Could you please clarify what you mean by "urban" so, in our subsequent conversations, there is no misunderstanding by either of us?  And you never did answer my question about why it is unfair when one community has a little dribblers program and another doesnt.  What stops the one who doesnt have one from doing so?  Once again, read the description of the Mumford players roster ( majority came through the system from elementary school) and tell me how it is similar to Triple A, Yates, or Madison.( from a realistic standpoint, of course)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="usedtobe" post="1386717" timestamp="1363722555"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110076.msg1386716#msg1386716 date=1363722369]
See Dove and myself are realists who can see the entire picture as it is....If Mumford were....[b].more "urban"[/b], they would be viewed just as these kids from AAA are....cheaters...REALIST view..They "acquire" their kids in the same manner and in stevenash's eyes, and apparently some similar thinkers, its perfectly ok...After all...They are [b]SUBurban[/b]...right? ::) ::)
[/quote]
I cannot for the life of me see how you, Dickie V, with all those degrees and education that you say you have, can STILL have such stupid opinions. ??? :o ::)
[/quote]

When he can not think of anything intelligent to post..He plays the race card...smh

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1386719" timestamp="1363722795"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=110076.msg1386717#msg1386717 date=1363722555]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110076.msg1386716#msg1386716 date=1363722369]
See Dove and myself are realists who can see the entire picture as it is....If Mumford were....[b].more "urban"[/b], they would be viewed just as these kids from AAA are....cheaters...REALIST view..They "acquire" their kids in the same manner and in stevenash's eyes, and apparently some similar thinkers, its perfectly ok...After all...They are [b]SUBurban[/b]...right? ::) ::)
[/quote]
[/quote]

When he can not think of anything intelligent to post..He plays the race card...smh
[/quote]
Its not playing the race card, its playing the real card....But since YOU brought it up, I will ask you a question...What is the MAJORITY demographic of the schools that you all are calling having "unfair" advantages? Does anyone come to their rescue during their persective BASEBALL seasons? Because if you do your research, minorities in the inner cities DO NOT have little league baseball programs, yet are expected to compete with those that do...So you tell me...Is THAT an unfair advantage for baseball, or is that just the way it is?

[/quote]
[/quote]
One's OPINION can NEVER be stupid...Only STUPID people who do not have a clue, feel that way...Understand? Stupid?  ;)

1.  Please show me your "research" that says there is no LIttle League Baseball in the inner city.
2.  If there isnt, why isnt there?
3.  If there isnt, would the "fair thing" to do be to ban Little League baseball or maybe develop a program in the inner city?  If Charter schools can be established, Little League baseball ought to be a breeze.
4.  Are you saying that there is no truth to any of these allegations and they are strictly racially motivated?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1386726" timestamp="1363723180"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110076.msg1386719#msg1386719 date=1363722795]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]Its not playing the race card, its playing the real card....But since YOU brought it up[/b], I will ask you a question...What is the MAJORITY demographic of the schools that you all are calling having "unfair" advantages? Does anyone come to their rescue during their persective BASEBALL seasons? Because if you do your research, minorities in the inner cities DO NOT have little league baseball programs, yet are expected to compete with those that do...So you tell me...Is THAT an unfair advantage for baseball, or is that just the way it is?

[/quote]
[/quote]
One's OPINION can NEVER be stupid...Only STUPID people who do not have a clue, feel that way...Understand? Stupid?  ;)
[/quote]

You brought it up!!!!

If a [b]suburban[/b] school was bending the rules, it would still be wrong.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1386678" timestamp="1363716931"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386670#msg1386670 date=1363714749]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1386668#msg1386668 date=1363714091]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386650#msg1386650 date=1363710407]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1386610#msg1386610 date=1363705772]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1385757#msg1385757 date=1363363839]
AAA won State within the rules of UIL, period. Just as Mumford reached State, within the rules. I don't see a huge difference in either programs. yes, AAA has a larger coverage. But YES Prep out of Houston and many other inner city charter schools have the same area coverage and[color=red] CAN'T COMPETE[/color] at a high level.
[/quote]

Those who, as you say, can't compete" probably cannot because they adhere to the rules and did not organize for the sake of basketball proficiency.
[/quote]Within the boundaries of staying within the rules, both Mumford and AAA are similar.  ;)
[/quote]

Dove- Do you have any idea why people booed when Triple A got their trophy?
[/quote]Sure I do!! Lack of knowledge!! Thinking their "morals" are better than others. From that old Temptation song...goes something like.... "If you're living in a glasshouse...... don't throw no stones."

Okay, lets simplify for some of yall and ask this question: What are the differences in the two schools? [b][color=red]Just the facts please!!![/color]
[/quote][/b]This is easy From both schools website

I did not see anything in Mumfords policies about participate in collegiate sports; junior college, NAIA or NCAA Division athletics

[color=blue]From Triple AAA Academy--- Triple A Academy is a high school division/campus of FOCUS Academies that provides academic and[b] athletic development for the student that desires to participate in collegiate sports; junior college, NAIA or NCAA Divisions[/b] [/color]

Mumford ISD The mission of the Texas public education system is to ensure that all Texas children have access to a quality education that enables them to achieve their full potential and fully participate now and in the future in the social, economic, and educational opportunities in our state and nation.  That mission is grounded on the conviction that a general diffusion of knowledge is essential for the welfare of Texas and for the preservation of the liberties and rights of Texas citizens.  It is further grounded on the conviction that a successful public education system is directly related to a strong, dedicated, and supportive family and that parental involvement in the school is essential for the maximum educational achievement of a child.  The objectives of public education are:
OBJECTIVE 1:  Parents will be full partners with educators in the education of their children.
OBJECTIVE 2:  Students will be encouraged and challenged to meet their full educational potential.
OBJECTIVE 3:  Through enhanced dropout prevention efforts, all students will remain in school until they obtain a diploma.
OBJECTIVE 4:  A well-balanced and appropriate curriculum will be provided to all students.
OBJECTIVE 5:  Educators will prepare students to be thoughtful, active citizens who have an appreciation for the basic values of our state and national heritage and who can understand and productively function in a free enterprise society.
OBJECTIVE 6:  Qualified and highly effective personnel will be recruited, developed, and retained.
OBJECTIVE 7:  Texas students will demonstrate exemplary performance in comparison to national and international standards.
OBJECTIVE 8:  School campuses will maintain a safe and disciplined environment conducive to student learning.
OBJECTIVE 9:  Educators will keep abreast of the development of creative and innovative techniques in instruction and administration using those techniques as appropriate to improve student learning.
OBJECTIVE 10:  Technology will be implemented and used to increase the effectiveness of student learning, instructional management, staff development, and administration.
The academic goals of public education are to serve as a foundation for a well-balanced and appropriate education.  The students in the public education system will demonstrate exemplary performance in:
[/quote] Old article from local paper.........."One of the burning question of the latter part of the school year was where former Milano basketball coach and shooting guru Alvie King was going to hold court this year.

Well, King has made his decision and has moved over to nearby Class A Mumford and will become the school's very first baseball coach.

[color=red]This oil-rich high school on Farm Road 50 is trying to upgrade its athletic program [/color]and will begin a baseball program next season to accompany its successful basketball program of eight years.

[color=red]Superintendent Pete Bienski is sparing no expense in the construction of a sports complex[/color] which will include a baseball field, softball field and tennis courts.

[color=red]King will oversee the construction of the complex and the baseball field will be similar to LaGrange's, which is considered one of the best in the state.
[/color]
Mumford—whose enrollment has grown by 100 to 540 students in the past four years—was recently chosen one of the best high schools in America by U.S. News & World Report.

King has never been a head baseball coach, but was an assistant at Milano and he will also assist Mumford basketball coach Chris Sodek, who was a protege of King's.

King
[color=red]King said Mumford had such a wealth of basketball players in junior high this year that it was able to have its own summer league of four teams.[/color]

Sodek had the Mustangs flying high again this past season, ranked No. 3 in the state and averaging 97 points a game.

They knocked Milano out of the playoffs in the first round, 104-67, then were upset the next week by Normangee.

Mumford lost just one starter so expect them to be atop the rankings come this season behind slick point guard Eric Corona and 6-foot-6 postman Luke Scarmado.

Sodek's style of play fits right in with King, who also likes to push the ball up the court.

King's teams at Milano set state records for shooting and making threes.

This also means that Mumford will inherit King's son Aubrie, who is considered one of the top junior players in the state and will be in eighth grade this year.

The 6-foot-2 King is also a top notch baseball player as well.

[/quote]
Are you serious Dickie?? Like really?? Two players, I repeat TWO PLAYERS of the 11 kids on Mumford team moved in during there high school years. One during his 8th grade year and the rest was raised in the same school district since kindergarten! How can you compare that to triple a?? Seriously?? Can you be any more dense?? Good lord kid.

::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1386745" timestamp="1363724375"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110076.msg1386678#msg1386678 date=1363716931]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386670#msg1386670 date=1363714749]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1386668#msg1386668 date=1363714091]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386650#msg1386650 date=1363710407]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=110076.msg1386610#msg1386610 date=1363705772]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1385757#msg1385757 date=1363363839]
AAA won State within the rules of UIL, period. Just as Mumford reached State, within the rules. I don't see a huge difference in either programs. yes, AAA has a larger coverage. But YES Prep out of Houston and many other inner city charter schools have the same area coverage and[color=red] CAN'T COMPETE[/color] at a high level.
[/quote]

Those who, as you say, can't compete" probably cannot because they adhere to the rules and did not organize for the sake of basketball proficiency.
[/quote]Within the boundaries of staying within the rules, both Mumford and AAA are similar.  ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]Sure I do!! Lack of knowledge!! Thinking their "morals" are better than others. From that old Temptation song...goes something like.... "If you're living in a glasshouse...... don't throw no stones."

Okay, lets simplify for some of yall and ask this question: What are the differences in the two schools? [b][color=red]Just the facts please!!![/color]

[/quote] Old article from local paper.........."One of the burning question of the latter part of the school year was where former Milano basketball coach and shooting guru Alvie King was going to hold court this year.

Well, King has made his decision and has moved over to nearby Class A Mumford and will become the school's very first baseball coach.

[color=red]This oil-rich high school on Farm Road 50 is trying to upgrade its athletic program [/color]and will begin a baseball program next season to accompany its successful basketball program of eight years.

[color=red]Superintendent Pete Bienski is sparing no expense in the construction of a sports complex[/color] which will include a baseball field, softball field and tennis courts.

[color=red]King will oversee the construction of the complex and the baseball field will be similar to LaGrange's, which is considered one of the best in the state.
[/color]
Mumford—whose enrollment has grown by 100 to 540 students in the past four years—was recently chosen one of the best high schools in America by U.S. News & World Report.

King has never been a head baseball coach, but was an assistant at Milano and he will also assist Mumford basketball coach Chris Sodek, who was a protege of King's.

King
[color=red]King said Mumford had such a wealth of basketball players in junior high this year that it was able to have its own summer league of four teams.[/color]

Sodek had the Mustangs flying high again this past season, ranked No. 3 in the state and averaging 97 points a game.

They knocked Milano out of the playoffs in the first round, 104-67, then were upset the next week by Normangee.

Mumford lost just one starter so expect them to be atop the rankings come this season behind slick point guard Eric Corona and 6-foot-6 postman Luke Scarmado.

Sodek's style of play fits right in with King, who also likes to push the ball up the court.

This also means that Mumford will inherit King's son Aubrie, who is considered one of the top junior players in the state and will be in eighth grade this year.

[/quote]

Still does not say anything about developing players for Juco, NAIA, and NCAA sports....Nice try ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1386749" timestamp="1363724676"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386745#msg1386745 date=1363724375]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/color]

King

[/quote]

Still does not say anything about developing players for Juco, NAIA, and NCAA sports....Nice try ;D
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1386745" timestamp="1363724375"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/color]

King

[/quote]

Dove - do you think there were any articles printed about this "burning question"?  Where will the two top notch basketball players from Africa attend school in the United States?

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1386749" timestamp="1363724676"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386745#msg1386745 date=1363724375]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/color]

King

[/quote]

[/quote] All schools develop their kids for the next level. So developing and focusing on new facilities isn't promoting and getting kids for the next level? Denial! Denial! Denial!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386760" timestamp="1363726416"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/color]

King

[/quote]

Dove - do you think there were any articles printed about this "burning question"?  Where will the two top notch basketball players from Africa attend school in the United States?
[/quote]BELLAIRE

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1386941" timestamp="1363747071"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110076.msg1386749#msg1386749 date=1363724676]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/color]

King

[/quote]

[/quote] All schools develop their kids for the next level. So developing and focusing on new facilities isn't promoting and getting kids for the next level? Denial! Denial! Denial!!
[/quote]

So now you are suggesting that when a new school is built, it is a method of luring basketball players to the school?  For the umpteenth time, the VAST majority of the players at one school played in that system since elementary school.  Same cant be said for Yates, Madison and Triple A.  FACT FACT FACT

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Stevenash" post="1386957" timestamp="1363747738"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110076.msg1386941#msg1386941 date=1363747071]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=110076.msg1386749#msg1386749 date=1363724676]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/color]

King

[/quote]

[/quote]

So now you are suggesting that when a new school is built, it is a method of luring basketball players to the school?  For the umpteenth time, the VAST majority of the players at one school played in that system since elementary school.  Same cant be said for Yates, Madison and Triple A.  FACT FACT FACT
[/quote]

I told ya Nash, BD would find a way to try and twist it to benefit his point.  ;D

LOL! There are others on here who see what we say but could give a "rats azz" about Mumford and AAA.

The two schools are quite similar in their mission statement  and both take pride in their athletics. One verbally says it wants to help their athletes reach the next level, while the other builds state of the art  facilities for their athletes to reach their potential. They both get their students from a large geographic area (  ??? ) and have an open door policy for  [s]athletes [/s] .....errrr students.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami