-
Posts
24 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by flytotheball
-
FINAL — Huffman 48 at Bridge City 33 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
100% agree! I don't like blaming coaches but God bless can we please make some adjustments, see some different players, different calls on offense? -
Orangefield @ East Chambers 10/9
flytotheball replied to smittyman87's topic in High School Football
Man you must have some nagging family members or friends that are from BC lol We're not all that bad I promise -
Deflect? Some of you guys crack me up on here. Go back and look at some of my previous comments. I didn't even have BC to make playoffs this year. Teams like last year are once every 20 years if we're lucky.
-
Orangefield @ East Chambers 10/9
flytotheball replied to smittyman87's topic in High School Football
I have a feeling OF is going to find a way somehow. I can see that backup getting some more playing time if Mr 4 year isn't getting it done. Any of you OF diehards hear the word on the street that Breaux is jumping ship after this year? Just what I've heard from some buddies of mine that bleed orange and white. -
This has turned out to be such a fickle district. At this point I'm better off predicting where my wife wants to eat. Give me BC by 10
-
FINAL — Bridge City 3 at Vidor 27 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
"All that college talent" I must be missing something here. Ah yes, the 3 star Arkansas commit. I forget he makes up the whole team. -
FINAL — Bridge City 3 at Vidor 27 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
OF is better coached, I'll give yall that but let's be real...there are only a few teams that I'm rooting for in this area come December and BC and OF are not among them. -
FINAL — Bridge City 3 at Vidor 27 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
I didn't get to see much of the game as 3am comes early on a work day. Offense looked flat again. And did I hear one of the Vidor announcers say #8 was back on punt return! Our QB LOL good grief! You mean to tell me, you can't find one player on a 4A team to field a punt other than QB1. Sheesh -
FINAL — Lumberton 10 at Bridge City 31 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
It still baffles me to no end that BC won't/can't field a punt. -
FINAL — Lumberton 10 at Bridge City 31 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Didn't need to, Lumberton can't make a tackle -
FINAL — Silsbee 39 at Bridge City 0 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
I am right there with you. I think you're being more optimistic than me though lol I don't have them making the playoffs. I know 4 teams get in but sheesh with the way they're playing, yikes! -
FINAL — Silsbee 39 at Bridge City 0 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Not as much? They graduated 29 from last year. Man they lost some key players. Everyone, not saying you specific, keep talking about Breeden and his D1 commit. This kid isn't Goliath on the field towering over entire offenses. I think because it's small town football with a player with a D1 commit, spectators have this image in their head that he should be playing how these SEC guys are playing on Saturday. That's just not the case. He still has alot of growth in him. -
FINAL — Silsbee 39 at Bridge City 0 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Yes. Not sure the number but alot of key players on both sides of the ball graduated. -
FINAL — Silsbee 39 at Bridge City 0 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
This has always been a problem for BC. They never have the size up front. And they just don't have an explosive playmaker to get something going on offense. That team last year was special. I don't think people understand those teams come around once every 20 years or so for BC. -
FINAL — Silsbee 39 at Bridge City 0 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
I agree. Offense is non existent. On another note. Do you know if #5 Trahan has any offers? Kid is impressive. Not taking anything away from Breeden but I think Trahan is right up there with him. -
FINAL — Silsbee 39 at Bridge City 0 — Discussion
flytotheball replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
I just don't see them making the playoffs this year... -
If that loss to OF last week doesn't scream out coached idk what does! OF gave them every opportunity to win that game. WOS by 3 scores
-
Bridge City (0) Kilgore (34)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
Great season Cards. Proud of the season yall had! Hold your heads up high. Congrats to Kilgore. I have them headed back to state in my bracket. They are an absolute powerhouse on both sides of the ball. -
Bridge City (35) Navasota (27)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
Yea you're right. I need to stop getting on these forums at 1 in the morning 🤣 -
Bridge City (35) Navasota (27)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
Thanks for clarifying! -
Bridge City (35) Navasota (27)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
Am I missing something here? The season before that, 2010-2011 they lost in the first round to Coldspring 43-13. The last time BC made it to state was 1966 and won...Steve Worster era. -
Bridge City (35) Navasota (27)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
What are you talking about lol I think as a whole BC fans are just excited for this team this year. Especially coming into these playoffs having to hear oh Chapel Hill gonna put up 56 on BC. Oh they got lucky and Chapel Hill beat themselves, good luck because Navasota is gonna roll yall. Kilgore is gonna be a dog fight. I've been following high school football a long time and I know what kind of team the Cards are about to face. Go Cards! -
Bridge City (35) Navasota (27)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
I knew it was going to be a dog fight. Our secondary is our weakest spot imo. I knew those Nav receivers were going to give them problems. I'm surprised they didn't come out throwing it more in the second half. I don't remember much of the 2009 season. I do remember the Dishon era and they were great, but I don't think they were as dominant as this defense I'm seeing this year. Someone mentioned it in this thread, gang tackling....there's 2 or 3 guys making tackles almost every play. Keep up the good work Cards! -
Bridge City (35) Navasota (27)---FINAL
flytotheball replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
This is the best BC defense I've seen since the early 2000's.