Jump to content

NorthoftheBorder

Members
  • Posts

    3,331
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NorthoftheBorder

  1. [quote name="coachacola" post="1216886" timestamp="1335896311"] SDSU and Boise should stay in the MWC. ECU should go to the Big East. Marshall should go back to the MAC. Lamar should go back to the Sun Belt. Simple as that! [/quote] I like it Coach but I don't think they want us and I am afraid it is as simple as that.  By the way the BRI board must be down I can't get on there.
  2. Lets face it.  It is a major market issue and Tx St is in the Austin & San Antonio markets (as is UTSA).  UNT is in the Dallas/FW market.  La Tech seems like they will be able to skirt the major market issue because they have been FBS for awhile now.  The terrible reality is HBU being a startup with football has a much better chance that LU.  LU did not do what it needed to do back in the 90's to position the University for FBS.  Oh well, they are still my Alma Mater and I support them 100%.  My hope that they would be able to go FBS in football sometime in the future is for all practical purposes dead.  So, for the love of pete, lets make it the goal to be a national championship FCS program!
  3. AAW less competition at the QB spot!  Intelligent kid who had real leadership qualities and was an overachiever.  He was undersized and could have been really good but the truth was he was never going to get the job because he couldn't win the "beauty contest" so he was going to be used only like he was against SFA last year.  Woodard did the usual politcally correct speak.
  4. [quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1197625" timestamp="1331826248"] Vermont was a better [b]team[/b] ;) [/quote] Vermont played solid team basketball with a lot of energy, seemed like they wanted more and LU reverted back to one on one basketball for most of the game.  Standing around on offense and really didn't have the energy or enthusiasm.  I was concerned with Roccaforte being there they would revert back. 
  5. My feeling is it is a real distraction for he LU players having Roccaforte there and could be a hinderance to them winning the game.  They may just revert back to last season's losing way's.
  6. [quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1195738" timestamp="1331475621"] [Hidden Content] [/quote] Great stuff!!! And he won 3 NC's!! Never forget his quote after winning his last one against LSU when they were down by 8 or 9 with about 3 minutes to go and he said he was worried IU would lose until he looked down the side court and saw Dale Brown sitting on the LSU bench and then he new they had a chance to win!!  Vintage Bob Knight!
  7. [quote name="BadMedicine" post="1195794" timestamp="1331486971"] It appears that Lamar is properly slotted based upon the RPI's of the projected 14 and 15 seeds that range from 58 (Belmont 14 seed) to 92 (Lehigh 15 seed).  The only exception is Detroit whose RPI is 125 and a 15 seed.  Lamar's RPI is 114. [/quote] Then we should move up to 15 and Detriot move to a 16!  By the way LU has moved up to 104 this morning and Detroit is still 125.  That is to big a gap for LU to not be a 15 seed!
  8. [quote name="homeless" post="1195153" timestamp="1331329580"] Here's why I like smaller school games, esp at State: 1) the whole town shows up, many with 2-tone, painted faces, even the 3-yr olds....gotta love that spirit. You could burglarize the whole town on game day at State. 2) H-E-A-R-T! the 5'1" pg, the 5'11" posts playing their guts out. They KNOW this is the last time they'll ever wear the blue-and-gold, or red-and-white or whatever, but they'll live in that town forever. No dunks, way less swagga' (ant that's a GOOD thing). [/quote] Great Post!
  9. [quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1195011" timestamp="1331318847"] [quote author=sleepy link=topic=97278.msg1195005#msg1195005 date=1331318241] Worthless?  You have two guys saying that the smaller school games aren't real games.  Come on buddy! [/quote] Would you rather keep up with Concordia College vs Howard Payne or Louisville vs UT? [/quote] Hey my brother played for Concordia!!!  They played competitive ball!!!  It's always the same.  The big's lording it over on the littles!
  10. [quote name="ForeverADog" post="1195108" timestamp="1331326303"] Notb, the Big East has 16 teams. They will for sure get 8 bids and maybe up to 10. They are the best conference in basketball. [/quote] Maybe there is only 9 football schools and that is where I am getting that.
  11. After further review of the CBS one, they have LU in the play in game with West Ky.  There are 2 16 seed and 2 12 seed playins.  That would suck, the committee says you may be worthy of a 12 seed but you have to play your way in.  Also the CBS bracket has 10 Big East teams.  Isn't there only 9 teams in the Big East? LOL!!!!!  That would be about right, the Big East champion gets a double elimination invite!
  12. [quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1195055" timestamp="1331321592"] Lamar is projected as a play-in game vs Mississippi Valley St. The winner will get Kansas. [/quote] In what Bracketology did you see that? That is a real slap in the face of a 23-11 team with the caliber of competition LU has played.
  13. [quote name="badndn" post="1194911" timestamp="1331311896"] [quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=93650.msg1194872#msg1194872 date=1331309874] One Bracketology I saw this morning has LU a 16th seed facing Syracuse in Pittsburgh!  Ugggghhh! [/quote] That would mean that LU would be the 67th seed! Behind either a SWAC team or a 15-18 W. Kentucky. [/quote] It's har for me to believe that LU couldn't beat either of those two teams. Don't know much about "Cuse" but would rather play them than Kentucky or NC as CBS sports is projecting the SLC champion to play.
  14. One Bracketology I saw this morning has LU a 16th seed facing Syracuse in Pittsburgh!  Ugggghhh!
  15. Did I miss something or didn't BISD already hire someone to be head coach at West Brook?  Let's all wish Chuck Langston well in his future.  I hope he lands somewhere where he can be successful.
  16. [quote name="ForeverADog" post="1185537" timestamp="1330183512"] I can see it from both sides of the argument but I think you have to try something else after you chew that out day after day privately. But I wouldn't have been that strong about it. [/quote] I can't see both sides! I think coach Knight explained it well yesterday in an interview.  I agree with how he see's this.  Maybe the young men respond positively and maybe they don't. Either this will have a positive negative impact on their future depending on how they respond.  I believe he did just as much to get them to make a positive change in their future as he did to get them to play their very best on the court.
  17. SE Texas will never, ever get past racial politics!
  18. The "inner comedian" excuse is lame at best and a pathetic coverup to him being racially biased and an out and out racist.  Had he been white and his subject black, he would have been fired and everyone, whether they admit it or not, knows that to be true!
  19. I haven't seen his tweet, but read some other information. Did Jason Whitlock really insult Jeremy Lin's male part?  Really!!!  I thought Whitlock had some brains and some dignity, but too stoop this low because he doesn't like someone from a different race than his succeeding in the NBA is rather pathetic.  Lost his credibility as a journalist and should be fired from Fox Sports! [Hidden Content] So if you can get the tweet to verify, that would be good.  I may be reading between the lines but I think the tweet will clear it up.  Whatever he said he had to apologize for, but of course it wasn't a real apology, he justified himself in the middle of his apology.  A real apology goes like this:  I was wrong, I don't have an excuse, I am sorry, it won't happen again!
  20. Very interesting article! [Hidden Content]
  21. Well you guys will get some glimpse of how you stack up in 20-4A!  Play the best to be the best.  Good scheduling philosphy for Silsbee!
  22. [quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1175050" timestamp="1328815900"] Lamar will play La. Tech in 2013, Woodard said. Woodard said Tech increased payout to move game. He declined to say by how much. [/quote] Probably only $25k at best.  They don't have deep pockets.  I guess we don't get a cancellation fee this year.
  23. This is a really good article and I would think it is indicative of a lot of D1 recruits in that a lot of them for a variety of reasons don't pan out at the top level of college football.
×
×
  • Create New...