-
Posts
5,176 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by 82 5A State Champs
-
Saturday headlines 10/18/2008
82 5A State Champs replied to BMTSoulja1's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Goose season begins early, as Bruins shoot down Ganders 57-7 for 2008 Homecoming win! Associate sports writer 82 5A State Champs ;D -
Sagging Titans look to Baytown Sterling
82 5A State Champs replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Good luck to the Titans. I'd like to see ya'll knock the Rangers off their pedestal and send them home woozy at 1-1. ;D -
Baytown Sterling 21, Baytown Lee 20 Final!
82 5A State Champs replied to sahen's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Man, Channelview is so weak, they couldnt beat their way out of a paper bag. However, they did score 20 on us. Mind you, that was after a 34 day hiaetus. ;D -
You're absolutely right, bigD92........we SUCK.....we dont belong on the same field with the Mustangs. In fact, lets just not show up and forfeit the game. Would that make you happy? It would be the only way you'd be right. We might lose to the BIG, BAD NS Mustangs, but they wont blow us out the water like you say. Hey, you notice how every time you post on here your karma takes a dump. It might not do that if you would not make such juvenile posts. :
-
It just disappoints me that some in this area can't wait for Brook to lose... It does seem like that, doesn't it? The reason we're not ranked any higher is because "we haven't played anybody!" blah blah blah I almost hope we get ahold of a Katy Tiger in the playoffs. I'd love to see our boys put them in their place.........maybe with a choke slam? ;D
-
I hope they don't lose another game and make it to state. Well, thanks for the support there, pal. Unfortunately, we've still got to play NS. While they've not seen an offense like ours yet, we've yet to see a defense as stingy as theirs. Maybe we'll win, realistically we prolly wont, but anything can happen. You know what they say, "offense wins games, defense wins championships!"
-
....and if you saw the first half of the C-view game, you'd know why I said what I said. I'll say it again in case anybody missed it. I'm as big a West Brook fan as anybody and I'll defend my team to the end, but our secondary is STILL suspect. With or without Jordan Garrett, If you're a HS team and you like to pass the ball, we cant do much to stop it except to outscore you. Our coaching can usually overcome it by changing up the defensive scheme, but we gave up 20 points to Channelview in the first half. Folks, thats more than they had scored in their first three games combined. There is no excuse for that kind of play. If we're gonna be an elite team in Texas, we're gonna have to play like one. Dont think I'm knocking our boys, but I see a problem here (and I'm obviously not the only one) and it needs to be addressed. As far as Jordan is concerned, I talked to Chip and he said that he would most likely be out until the Sterling game but should be OK. I just hope we dont lose anybody else to injury.
-
Memorial vs. Baytown Sterling Predictions?
82 5A State Champs replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
1985? I didn't realize it had been that long. Well, now that they've beaten Lee they really only need to win one more game and essentially they're in. I dont expect PAM to put up too much of a fight. -
Yeah, I saw it. Just keep in mind, the source of those polls. In case you dont know it, that website is operated and owned by a bunch of Katy alumni. So, given the source, it doesn't suprise me. I voiced my opinion about the whole thing. They dont rank us any higher, I was told, because we haven't really played anybody that's worth a crap. They are also the ones who think everyone else's poll is junk. Dave Campbell has us ranked #7. Dave's been doing it ALOT longer than the "Tiger Faithful" have. So, let our run through the playoffs do the talking. There's a better than average chance that we'll be going Div II, so we might just get to meet those mighty Katy Tigers in the third round. I hope we smash them into the ground! >
-
2008 5A Playoff Projections (Week 7)
82 5A State Champs replied to 82 5A State Champs's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
......once again, "because WB hasn't played anybody!".......blah, blah, blah! > You know they are going to try to downplay that (houston). They played 2 4a schools...They only played 3 games...I can hear them now... That's exactly what they've been saying, Soulja! You hit the nail on the head! Lettem keep on talking! -
Dave Campbell's State Rankings..All Classes
82 5A State Champs replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
WOW! Dave Campbell has got us at #7. Oh, that's gotta be a mistake cause we SUCK and haven't played anybody! > -
Memorial vs. Baytown Sterling Predictions?
82 5A State Champs replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
WB is going to lose to Northshore handedly and would have been spanked by the Woodlands too. You're absolutely right, bigd92. We suck and shouldn't even be on the same field as the Mustangs and the Highlanders. :'( In fact, we should just fold up our tents and go home. Cause we obviously dont have a chance and are not gonna win another game, according to you. Like another poster said on another forum, "West Brook hasn't played anybody......" blah, blah, blah! I'm so sick of hearing it. > Yes, NS will probably beat us. I'll admit that. But we aint no patsy team, either. We're gonne make some noise in the playoffs, and may suprise a few folks on the way. Hide and watch! -
You're absolutely right. WE SUCK! We should just give up and wave the white flag, cause we haven't played anybody. What, two 4A schools and a botton of the barrel 5A school. We dont deserve to play another game! > Let's face it, we aint worth a crap! You sound just like the Katy lovers over on the 5A forum. Why dont you go over there, at least you'd fit in! The only thing they know how to do, is bash West Brook. So go on.......!
-
2008 5A Playoff Projections (Week 7)
82 5A State Champs replied to 82 5A State Champs's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
Hey check this out, too! We're leading the state in scoring......! [Hidden Content] -
[Hidden Content] Well, at this point it looks as though West Brook will be going Div II. If Baytown Sterling makes the playoffs (for the first time in years), that's where we will be going. The bright side to that is that it looks as though most of the better teams in 5A will be in the Div I bracket. So, we might get to play Katy, afterall. Now, if PAM could manage to step up this week and beat Sterling it would help out our chances to go Div I.
-
Memorial vs. Baytown Sterling Predictions?
82 5A State Champs replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
I looked it up, and you're right. I dont know why I was thinking ya'll had. My bad. But I still think PAM will lose, in a close one. -
Memorial vs. Baytown Sterling Predictions?
82 5A State Champs replied to KFDM COOP's topic in SETXsports Archived Threads
This one's a hard one to call. PAM has definitely got the talent to win, but they lack the coaching, IMO. Sterling has been the redheaded stepchild in the district in years past, but seems to be surging this year. They actually have a winning record for the first time in years, at 4-1. However, all their wins have been against teams with losing records, therefore PAM will fit the mold for another win by the Rangers. With Alexander out, I'd say the odds are against the Titans for a win. And seeing as how the Rangers beat PAM last year to keep the Titans out of the postseason, I'd say to look for a repeat performance. Sterling - 35 PAM - 13