A future move in at Yates

stevenash

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1382616" timestamp="1362447493"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109900.msg1382603#msg1382603 date=1362445536]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109900.msg1382600#msg1382600 date=1362445349]
Many people "knew" Lance Armstrong.
[/quote]
You know that there is a difference... ::) ::)....I KNOW that Greg Wise is no "recruiter"...By any stretch of the imagination...If his name were BILL KRUEGER and the school were in a suburb such as Clear Lake, it would be "acceptable" for kids to go there, wouldn't it?  ::)
[/quote]

You and I both know that Mr. Krueger never had a continual stream of move ins.  As I said before, you dont have to call it recruiting but the school still acquires the bulk of its players in a manner different from those with whom it competes.  Two from Africa coming for communications excellence?  Give me a break.  I wonder if Mr. Wise coaches basketball in any other form other than at Yates?    I wonder if any of the kids who play (have played) for him(in those alternate formats) wound up being students at Yates?  Someone on here who is from Houston recently stated that the team had 6 players on it that were not some type of "move in".  By the way, your racial inferences are also losing credibility.
[/quote]
And your constant hatred toward Yates HS Basketball program or anything else that is not Republican or non-"urban" is getting quite old!  Build it, and they will come! When HJ has 100% "homegrown" kids in their program, then you can have something to say...Until then, hold your stones! ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382667" timestamp="1362456720"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109900.msg1382616#msg1382616 date=1362447493]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109900.msg1382603#msg1382603 date=1362445536]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109900.msg1382600#msg1382600 date=1362445349]
Many people "knew" Lance Armstrong.
[/quote]
You know that there is a difference... ::) ::)....I KNOW that Greg Wise is no "recruiter"...By any stretch of the imagination...If his name were BILL KRUEGER and the school were in a suburb such as Clear Lake, it would be "acceptable" for kids to go there, wouldn't it?  ::)
[/quote]

You and I both know that Mr. Krueger never had a continual stream of move ins.  As I said before, you dont have to call it recruiting but the school still acquires the bulk of its players in a manner different from those with whom it competes.  Two from Africa coming for communications excellence?  Give me a break.  I wonder if Mr. Wise coaches basketball in any other form other than at Yates?    I wonder if any of the kids who play (have played) for him(in those alternate formats) wound up being students at Yates?  Someone on here who is from Houston recently stated that the team had 6 players on it that were not some type of "move in".  By the way, your racial inferences are also losing credibility.
[/quote]
And your constant hatred toward Yates HS Basketball program or anything else that is not Republican or non-"urban" is getting quite old!  Build it, and they will come! When HJ has 100% "homegrown" kids in their program, then you can have something to say...Until then, hold your stones! ;)
[/quote] Ive yet to see anybody [b]born[/b] AND raised in Sour Lake, China or Nome seeing as they dont have a MAJOR hospital.  ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1382705" timestamp="1362486603"]
NASH are u still bitter about that 28 point beat down? Get over it bro! It could have been[color=red][b] worst[/b][/color]!
[/quote]

The proper word is worse, not worst.  As previously stated many times before Yates was even reclassified as 3-a( hence it has nothing to do with the HJ loss to Yates), they dont acquire their players in the same manner that other schools do.  IF the loss at Yates was the problem, I would have been complaining about a similar type loss to Central early in the year.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1382710" timestamp="1362489122"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109900.msg1382705#msg1382705 date=1362486603]
NASH are u still bitter about that 28 point beat down? Get over it bro! It could have been[color=red][b] worst[/b][/color]!
[/quote]

The proper word is worse, not worst.  As previously stated many times before Yates was even reclassified as 3-a( hence it has nothing to do with the HJ loss to Yates), they dont acquire their players in the same manner that other schools do.  IF the loss at Yates was the problem, I would have been complaining about a similar type loss to Central early in the year.
[/quote]
How does HJ "acquire" players, nash? Please, do tell... ::) ::)....Do they open their gym doors in the summer and allow kids to come play? If they are impressed by the program, and decide to come to your school, do they turn them away? I think not.... ::).....OR does HJ play with "homegrown talent"? If they did, in basketball, they would NOT survive...(see Lumberton, Bridge City, PNG, and ask how that homegrown talent works out in their communities) ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382731" timestamp="1362493358"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109900.msg1382710#msg1382710 date=1362489122]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109900.msg1382705#msg1382705 date=1362486603]
[/quote]

[/quote]
How does HJ "acquire" players, nash? Please, do tell... ::) ::)....Do they open their gym doors in the summer and allow kids to come play? If they are impressed by the program, and decide to come to your school, do they turn them away? I think not.... ::).....OR does HJ play with "homegrown talent"? If they did, in basketball, they would NOT survive...(see Lumberton, Bridge City, PNG, and ask how that homegrown talent works out in their communities) ;)
[/quote]

Dickie- You are now officially in territory where you have no idea what you are talking about.  The vast percentage of HJ players are products of the community and the Twin County Little Dribblers program which is one of the better programs around and hence they develop their players.  If you are so confident of what you are saying, give me 5 names of players who played at HJ in recent years ( and made meaningful contributions)who are NOT products of the school district.  FYI- Lumberton, Bridge City and PNG do not place much emphasis on basketball as HJ does.  Bridge City has one of the better baseball programs in the state and it is done with homegrown/developed talent.

First off, China is in HJISD boundaries so ALL kids from China go to HJ.  Just like Nome, Sour Lake, some of Cheek and actually some of Jefferson County since the school district line extends out to Moore Road across from NW Forest.

Come on Dickie, name names.

LAZEEK, this is not a witch hunt...I am simply saying that there HAS been some kids that have come into the HJ school system exclusively because of the basketball program...NOTHING wrong with that, however, I was trying to prove that point to our esteemed colleague, Mr. Nash... ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1382765" timestamp="1362498307"]
First off, China is in HJISD boundaries so ALL kids from China go to HJ.  Just like Nome, Sour Lake, some of Cheek and actually some of Jefferson County since the school district line extends out to Moore Road across from NW Forest.

Come on Dickie, name names.
[/quote]

they on you DV!!! hahahaha. Me personally I didnt know China, Nome, and Cheek had enuff kids to make a 3a school. I thought the Majority of HJ kids came from Beaumont, at least the athletes.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1382783" timestamp="1362500826"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109900.msg1382760#msg1382760 date=1362497977]
PNG made the playoffs with their homegrown talent BTW.
[/quote]4 teams make the playoffs or is it 5 now?  [b]Of course the home-grown teams make the playoffs[/b] with their neighbors.  ;)
[/quote] Somebody hacking your computer Dove?  ???

[quote]they on you DV!!! hahahaha. Me personally I didnt know China, Nome, and Cheek had enuff kids to make a 3a school. I thought the Majority of HJ kids came from Beaumont, at least the athletes.[/quote]

Why did you leave out Sour Lake, Pinewood, Countrywood, etc?  Are you insinuating that only athletes come from China, Nome, Cheek, and Beaumont?  If so, perhaps you should do some research on the state tournament teams at Hardin-Jefferson and their make up.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382746" timestamp="1362496024"]
Thats where you're wrong, my friend...I know exactly what I am talking about and you know it... ;)...I give you a hard time about HJ, but fact is, YOU HAVE gotten kids in that came there JUST FOR BASKETBALL...Do you dispute that?
[/quote]

No, thats where you are wrong, my friend.  One transfer in five years is quite a different story from the one I am concerened about. 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1382791" timestamp="1362502424"]
[quote]they on you DV!!! hahahaha. Me personally I didnt know China, Nome, and Cheek had enuff kids to make a 3a school. I thought the Majority of HJ kids came from Beaumont, at least the athletes.[/quote]

Why did you leave out Sour Lake, Pinewood, Countrywood, etc?  Are you insinuating that only athletes come from China, Nome, Cheek, and Beaumont?  If so, perhaps you should do some research on the state tournament teams at Hardin-Jefferson and their make up.
[/quote]
thats why i said i didnt know. i knew of sour lake but im from beaumont and never heard of pineywood and countrywood, etc. when we would go down there all we would see was old folks and not many kids.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1382773" timestamp="1362499421"]
LAZEEK, this is not a witch hunt...I am simply saying that there HAS been some kids that have come into the HJ school system exclusively because of the basketball program...NOTHING wrong with that, however, I was trying to prove that point to our esteemed colleague, Mr. Nash... ;)
[/quote]
DickieV, I'm from Silsbee and as you know, we in Silsbee have a vested interest in who and how many and why there are transfers into the Hardin-Jefferson ISD.  Since our two schools have been in the same classification there has been NO suspicious transfers into the Hawks program.  Stick to something you know about - which would be Ozen and Yates.

To be fair and honest,

From UIL manual

[color=red][color=black]~  off-season oPen faCIlITIes ~

[color=red]Supervision of facilities for safety and security may be provided by a faculty member or non-faculty member
approved by school administrator or school board. Supervisors shall not provide skill instruction to members of
school athletic team[/color]

[quote name="pallacanestro" post="1382843" timestamp="1362510192"]
But I do find it interesting that they have "hometown" on the roster on their home page.
[/quote] Whats your point? I know some of the kid's dads and they  went to the old inner city schools in Houston. Whats your point?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1382848" timestamp="1362510839"]
[quote author=pallacanestro link=topic=109900.msg1382843#msg1382843 date=1362510192]
But I do find it interesting that they have "hometown" on the roster on their home page.
[/quote] Whats your point? I know some of the kid's dads and they  went to the old inner city schools in Houston. Whats your point?
[/quote]

Dove- I would be willing to bet that you dont know more than five or 6 dads at most of the Yates players if you know that many.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83