After first round of tournaments what do you think?

Nederland looked great in the Santa Fe tournament.Dogs went 4 and 0 defeating Santa Fe,Angleton,Brazoswood and Foster.Pitching and hitting were great and the guys looked like they were having fun! Chemistry looks great for Nederland.Dogs scored 28 runs in the tournament and only allowed 10.Pretty Impressive! 

WOS is looking alright at 1-3 so far with two losses by 1 run and their 10-3 loss to LCM was a 2-0 game until the 7th. They still have two starters coming from basketball I believe. I did see them play vs Kountze Saturday night. The game was won by Kountze in bottom of seven after Aidan Anderson came out on pitch count and WOS was out of pitching. WOS  put in a young man who does not pitch normally. He walked two  and then made a wild throw to first on a pick off play allowing the run form second to score.  Anderson had completed six full innings vs Austin Marshall for Kountze the score was 0-0 at that point.  Two outstanding sophomores performed that night well actually three. Anderson was virtually untouchable with 13 K,s. Marshall was equally impressive but I do not know his stats. I think both young men gave up one hit a piece and the game had a playoff type atmosphere. Kountze brought in E. Franklin another outstanding sophomore for the sixth and seventh innings.  Early in the season most pitchers are on a predetermined pitch limit. Anyhow Kountze in my opinion has an outstanding team of hitters and pitchers and should go along way this year in their district. WOS will improve and 21-3A will have another competitive year for the top three spots.  HS baseball looks to be exciting again this year.

The score in the WOS vs Kountze game may have ended with Kountze 1-0 but the game was virtually a statistical tie. Both pitchers deserve alot of credit...Aiden Anderson and Austin Marshall did a great job...it was a pitchers dual. I felt when Ethan Franklin came in to close the last two innings, he did a great job and even more so at handling the pressure...that sounds crazy saying pressure this early in the season but that game did have a different feel...much more intense than the normal preseason tournament game.  I have to agree 100% Kountze and WOS will be fine this year...both seem to be fairly young...that said the programs have a bright future,"God willing", and arms stay healthy.

After being upset at home by Cinco Ranch, we handled ourselves fairly well in Round Rock, aside from the Leander loss.

So far....

[b]Brenham 3-3[/b]

Cinco Ranch                L 7-5
Highland Park            W 14-9
#4 CC Carroll            W 5-4
Leander                      L 4-2
#5 South Lake Carroll  L 6-2
Austin High                W 8-7

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1379249" timestamp="1361814106"]
Didn't get to see the BH Eagles , but look like they took care of business in the Vidor tournament going undeafeated. The Silsbee team did a good job in that Tour as well.
[/quote]Bh did do very good their Bats are stacked and the infield plays some really tight baseball Congrats to BH. The coaching is great. We were glad to be able to play a team of that caliber it sure helps out thanks to all involved.

After one week 20-4A looks like it may play out a bit different than expected.

Nederland looks better than expected (not that they looked bad from the start) going 4-0 in their tournament and showing plenty of offense. Seems that their pre-season drama is well behind them and they are on track for a district title run.

PNG also seems to be on the right track despite their early drama. I fully expect them to continue churning out victories and as long as Ashworth can rebound from his less than stellar outing last week (and he will), this team will be fine.

LCM also sounds like they will fare well this season as expect. I didn't get any specs on how their staff did individually but if Humphreys and Swan can do work. This is easily a top 3 team.

Vidor had the most surprising performance this past week. Losing to a Westbrook team who was missing players, then going 2-2 in their own tournament. A 2-3 start is not what the Pirates were hoping for and more importantly if they can't improve their offense drastically, this could be another disappointing ending.

Lumberton is hard to get a handle on because of their schedule. But a loss to Coldspring does not look too good on their résumé. However I expect them to compete for the 4th spot with Vidor, Livingston, and possibly Ozen

Livingston will compete for the 4th spot if Vidor doesn't improve or if one of the big 3 fall into a slump (which is unlikely)

Ozen, may compete for the 4th spot if they can avoid slipups against Lumberton, Livingston, and Central.

Central...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder