Tigers get a rematch with Houston Kashmere

ST413

The Silsbee Tigers will face Houston Kashmere in a rematch of a game earlier this year which was won by Kashmere.  That game was played before the Tigers football players had joined the team.  Kashmere won that game at home 71-61.  They advanced to the second round with a 61-58 win over Stafford.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1376843" timestamp="1361397363"]
Really sad      :(  to see how Kashmere's program has gone down. They use to produce some of the best talent out of Houston. Use to be a dogfight when you played Kashmere.
[/quote]

They are obviously being outrecrutied by the likes of Yates

My folks had land, etc in Silsbee and in Houston's Fifth Ward/Kashmere Garden area.  As a result I spent a lot of time in both places.  I got cousins that graduated from Kashmere.  I attended one year of school at Lamar Fleming Middle School.  Then I got homesick and went back to the Silsbee school district.  Most of the basketball talent would go to Wheatley.  Kashmere had that golden era during the Karl Godine period.  I don't remember them doing too much more basketball wise before or since.  Now the Kashmere stage band led by Conrad Johnson, that's a different story.  They got a movie out about that, btw.

These days the kashmere gardens area is lucky that Kashmee High School hasn't been closed down.  I hate to say that, but it's true.

[quote name="Kountzer" post="1376923" timestamp="1361408868"]
My folks had land, etc in Silsbee and in Houston's Fifth Ward/Kashmere Garden area.  As a result I spent a lot of time in both places.  I got cousins that graduated from Kashmere.  I attended one year of school at Lamar Fleming Middle School.  Then I got homesick and went back to the Silsbee school district.  Most of the basketball talent would go to Wheatley.  Kashmere had that golden era during the Karl Godine period.  I don't remember them doing too much more basketball wise before or since.  Now the Kashmere stage band led by Conrad Johnson, that's a different story.  They got a movie out about that, btw.

These days the kashmere gardens area is lucky that Kashmee High School hasn't been closed down.  I hate to say that, but it's true.
[/quote]Godine and Conrad Johnson are names I haven't heard in awhile. And you chose Silsbee over Kashmere? Wow!! ;D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1376976" timestamp="1361413845"]
[quote author=Kountzer link=topic=109587.msg1376923#msg1376923 date=1361408868]

[/quote]Godine and Conrad Johnson are names I haven't heard in awhile. [b]And you chose Silsbee over Kashmere? [/b]Wow!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Kountzer has great taste! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder