Buna @ Hamshire-Fannett predictions

BC414

Guest flyonwall12
[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1368357" timestamp="1359595124"]
Same can be said about Ozen. 20 4a is weak!!!!!!!!!!! HJ and buna would make the playoff's in that district. Just saying!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

How could they both make the playoffs? They maybe could battle for fourth but the top three are on a different level than H-J and Buna.

[quote name="flyonwall12" post="1368365" timestamp="1359596686"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=108695.msg1368357#msg1368357 date=1359595124]
Same can be said about Ozen. 20 4a is weak!!!!!!!!!!! HJ and buna would make the playoff's in that district. Just saying!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

How could they both make the playoffs? They maybe could battle for fourth but the top three are on a different level than H-J and Buna.
[/quote]

Ozen I agree but not Central and Vidor. That being said yes maybe with Buna but not HJ. It would be a battle with HJ. They would fight for second not fourth. No way they are on a different level. There would be a battle I promise. Which is what these teams need to prepare them for a playoff push. Right now they are not getting that in district play, 21 3A or 20 4A!!!!!!!!!!!

It is weaker than in the past.. yes.... but I would say that the HJ team this year would compete pretty darn well with past HJ teams....

As far as Central and Vidor... HJ lost at Vidor the first game of the year by 2, in a game that was decided by ALOT of freethrows... they split with central.. losing at central and beating them by 10+ in the YMBL tourney... to say that HJ couldn't compete is laughable....

If you want to talk about weak districts, look at some of the other 3a districts... It is very plausible that 2 teams from this district could very well be playing in the Regional tournament this year...

Bobcat05- the winner would probably play the winner of  yates and either OF or HF in the 3rd round and the runner up would probably play splendora..... you really don't think either would win that ??game?

[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1368308" timestamp="1359584248"]
and buna has beat evadale twice already solo yet we have a weak schedule
[/quote]       

Buna won the (Woodchip Bowl) over Evadale this year 2 games to 1. Thats what I call the Buna-Evadale series anyway, both these teams are a challenge for any classification and its a special rivalry, come watch next year and you wont be disappointed. Evadale only has 3 losses also and two are to Buna. Buna has just 3 losses and one is to Evadale.

Its always interesting when these two play each other.

[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1368661" timestamp="1359671167"]
what ever happens to all of the girls from hj's little dribblers program they never seem to make it in on varsity level and the varsity team is never in their little driblers program ?  where do they come from
[/quote]
I suppose that you have the stats to back up what you are saying? ???

[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1368661" timestamp="1359671167"]
what ever happens to all of the girls from hj's little dribblers program they never seem to make it in on varsity level and the varsity team is never in their little driblers program ?  where do they come from
[/quote]

I can promise you this, Don't know about open campus  but HJ does not recruit. Most of the kids on their Varsity played in their little dribbler program. That is why they are successful plain and simple. Basketball is number 1 and it shows in the other sports. I know some people from HJ want them to succeed in other sports also but Basketball is king at this point and time.  Their volleyball team did very well this year so maybe things are changing. If you support high school athletics you should support every sport and hope they succeed in all of them. That is the goal.

i don't know if they actually go out a recruit or not.

But i will tell you this....if a coach or a representive(parent) of hj just happens to be in a gym where basketball is being played and mentions in passing whether jokingly or not to a player "we could use you".  thats recruiting informally.

Also,  they get players by a winning tradition....and there is nothing wrong with that.

I know basketball is #1 there and they have a good lil dribblers program....which pays dividends in winning.

not trying to take away from their winning ways with this post...they play and they win.

The reason you didnt see any of the HJ girls in little dribblers is this... Of that group... 2 are at westbrook, 3 are at Ozen... ;)

To say that HJ recruits is a ludicrous statement....  We have a heck of a program that we work HARD to [u]develop[/u]!!!

Just curious where our players went to school if we recruited em....

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="hjhawks" post="1368391" timestamp="1359606927"]
It is weaker than in the past.. yes.... but I would say that the HJ team this year would compete pretty darn well with past HJ teams....

As far as Central and Vidor... HJ lost at Vidor the first game of the year by 2, in a game that was decided by ALOT of freethrows... they split with central.. losing at central and beating them by 10+ in the YMBL tourney... to say that HJ couldn't compete is laughable....

If you want to talk about weak districts, look at some of the other 3a districts... It is very plausible that 2 teams from this district could very well be playing in the Regional tournament this year...

Bobcat05- the winner would probably play the winner of  yates and either OF or HF in the 3rd round and the runner up would probably play splendora..... you really don't think either would win that ??game?
[/quote]

nailed it...... ;)

For your information, of the 6 seniors on the HJ Lady Hawks Varsity team, 5 of them played little dribblers, 4 of them made allstars, and the junior was also on that all-star team. The white girl you are talking about decided not to play basketball in high school and pursued other interest. Now you know the facts! I was the head coach of that allstar team, and my white girl daughter is the defensive machine that shut the Buna girl down! There is only one girl on that team that did not play little dribblers and she moved in from Houston!

They have lost to Ozen there times, Ozen ranked #1 in Class 4a at the time! So where is Ozen now? As a Matter of fact one of Ozens players lives right behind me! In HJ school district now how does that happen! Stop hating and pull for the remaining teams representing the area!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami