Silsbee vs Kountze Playoff Preview?

BADSANTA

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1368185" timestamp="1359561369"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108682.msg1368183#msg1368183 date=1359560945]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108682.msg1367658#msg1367658 date=1359423853]
2A # 1 Kountze Lions Vs  3A # 1  Houston Yates    Feb 16th 

Time and Location TBD......  Unless Yates have a Change of heart
overnight. [b]Time and Location Should be confirmed Tomorrow[/b].
[/quote]

This was posted on Monday. It's the day after tomorrow. ;)

Yates people still saying this game will not happen and [b]never was to begin with[/b], at least not on their end. ;)
[/quote]

I've heard otherwise Aggie from someone who knows WAY more about hosting warmup games than anyone on this site and have talked DIRECTLY with Coach Joubert. Like I said before the matchup came from somewhere.

Why are you so interested or concerned that you felt the need to contact them?  ::)
[/quote] ;D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1368185" timestamp="1359561369"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108682.msg1368183#msg1368183 date=1359560945]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=108682.msg1367658#msg1367658 date=1359423853]

[/quote]

Yates people still saying this game will not happen and [b]never was to begin with[/b], at least not on their end. ;)
[/quote]

I've heard otherwise Aggie from someone who knows WAY more about hosting warmup games than anyone on this site and have talked DIRECTLY with Coach Joubert. Like I said before the matchup came from somewhere.

[b]Why are you so interested or concerned that you felt the need to contact them?[/b]  ::)
[/quote]

Because I was making plans to broadcast the game if it happened. I needed to get with the Yates folks to get all the details ironed out. They did not know what I was talking about.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368198" timestamp="1359563061"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=108682.msg1368185#msg1368185 date=1359561369]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Why are you so interested or concerned that you felt the need to contact them?[/b]  ::)
[/quote]

Because I was making plans to broadcast the game if it happened. I needed to get with the Yates folks to get all the details ironed out. They did not know what I was talking about.
[/quote]

Oh whatever! It wouldn't be a home game for either team so why would you need to iron out the details with Yates. Couldn't you have accomplished the same thing contacting Coach Joubert in Kountze?

If you were 'really' going to broadcast I'm sure you would have to contact the venue where the game would be hosted.  ::) ::)

I contacted Yates to make arrangements with them had the game been played in Houston and hoping they could help in making contact with the facility. Wanted to make sure everything was okay with them.

Coach Joubert has told me in the past that I was always welcome to broadcast their games so I wanted to get with the Yates folks first so that everything would be good on both ends.

Call it professional courtesy.

I just didn't understand how one side of this game had no knowledge of it happening.

Like I told you in a private message, I do not know who to believe.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="1368217" timestamp="1359564768"]
I'm Hearing Kountze has also been in contact with Jacksonville ? can any 1 confirm?
[/quote]

We'll just have to wait and see TD52. I heard about a game vs. someone at Sam Houston State. J'ville could be that opponent but I doubt they play someone two classifications lower. I do know that they have not committed to play in the East Texas Playoff Preview so that's also another possibility.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1368172" timestamp="1359558427"]
I talked to coach brooks from Silsbee last night after the bridge city game he said that #8 Silsbee will be playing #7 Stephenville in the tournament in Fort worth and coach SIG said they are going to fort worth as well.
[/quote]
How good is Stephenville ? Do they have height to prepare Silsbee for a possible match-up vs Yates?

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1368248" timestamp="1359570847"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=108682.msg1368172#msg1368172 date=1359558427]
I talked to coach brooks from Silsbee last night after the bridge city game he said that #8 Silsbee will be playing #7 Stephenville in the tournament in Fort worth and coach SIG said they are going to fort worth as well.
[/quote]
How good is Stephenville ? Do they have height to prepare Silsbee for a possible match-up vs Yates?
[/quote]
Well, they are ranked one slot above Silsbee.  And, all I hear about Yates is the run, run, run game.  I know height makes it easier to get more 'bounds which makes it easier to run, but is that where the limits stop?  I thing Coach Sig, Coach Ira and Coach James know how long Yates is and are ready to defend that as best as they can. 8)

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1368248" timestamp="1359570847"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=108682.msg1368172#msg1368172 date=1359558427]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And by the way, with that inanity you qualify to sit in for the original Skip Bayless on ESPN. ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368264" timestamp="1359573858"]
I just saw on another site that Stephenville is playing Mexia and not Silsbee.
AAW, can you get to the bottom of this?
[/quote]

All I know is that Silsbee was invited to play in the Whataburger Playoff Preview in Fort Worth and that the likely opponent would be Stephenville if Stephenville would agree to play, per the preview directors. There are other teams that Silsbee could possibly play in this preview but the preview organizers were trying to put the best match ups possible, one being Silsbee vs. Stephenville. Silsbee has agreed, not sure if Stephenville has.

I have sent a couple of messages, waiting on a reply back.

I am wondering about Stephenville myself.  I know how good they are on the football field.  I don't know anything about thier basketball.  I have nothing to base it on other than remberung the town as a cowboy town,  that just gave me the idea of them playing much like Argyle did last year. 

[quote name="bwbiddle" post="1368279" timestamp="1359577497"]
I would like to see Silsbee play the one them no one is talking about that never moves in the ranks and has the best record in the state in 3 A"... kennedale...I think that would be a great game for my Tigers... Are D. Madison ....    ;)
[/quote]

A little revenge factor for a fan in either of those games.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="ST413" post="1368282" timestamp="1359577712"]
I am wondering about Stephenville myself.  I know how good they are on the football field.  I don't know anything about thier basketball.  I have nothing to base it on other than remberung the town as a cowboy town,  that just gave me the idea of them playing much like Argyle did last year.
[/quote]

They have a 6'4 or 6'5 post named Jarret Stidham, that is their tallest player and thy will run when they have the chance, but they don't like to.
That is what a friend of mine from Stephenville told me.
He told me that this 3A stuff was easy.  ;D I told him he had no idea what he was talking about. ;D ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368288" timestamp="1359578717"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=108682.msg1368282#msg1368282 date=1359577712]
[/quote]

They have a 6'4 or 6'5 post named Jarret Stidham, that is their tallest player and thy will run when they have the chance, but they don't like to.
He told me that this 3A stuff was easy.  ;D I told him he had no idea what he was talking about. ;D ;D
[/quote]He probably looked at HJ's schedule...................... sorry HJ'ers, I could not resist. ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1368294" timestamp="1359579964"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108682.msg1368288#msg1368288 date=1359578717]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=108682.msg1368282#msg1368282 date=1359577712]
[/quote]

[/quote]He probably looked at HJ's schedule...................... sorry HJ'ers, I could not resist. ;)
[/quote]

:o :o :oUUUMMM Your going to get in trouble ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Stephenville/Mexia game will be played but it is a fill in game to finish the regular season for both teams. It is scheduled for Mon. Feb 11 when both teams are off from district play. Both teams end district play on the previous Friday, Feb. 8. That is why they are playing on that Monday. That game is not a playoff preview game. Those games will be played on Fri., Sat. Feb 15,16. That is when Silsbee would play Stephenville in the Whataburger Playoff Preview in Fort Worth.

Hope this helps explain the misunderstanding.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1368349" timestamp="1359592025"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=108682.msg1368348#msg1368348 date=1359591934]
The Tigers still have some business to take care of first.
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!

Silsbee could still end up playing a seed game and not a warm up.
[/quote] Any confirmation or word on Kountze Warm-Up Game?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124