Opening at Hardin-Jefferson

Chasmack

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 games into the season and Lazeek is our offense and defensive line (at least that's what he said we needed), scat right still doesn't know his left from right, two cents came in for one play and left like TuPac, went to emergency QB Fran because somebody put the name "Tarkington" on the back of his shirt and somebody in the stands was "beware of aggies"....can the season get any worse?......laugh fellas, it's only February!  Good luck HJ....with this crowd we're going to need it.

[quote name="spede" post="1372819" timestamp="1360643285"]
5 games into the season and Lazeek is our offense and defensive line (at least that's what he said we needed), scat right still doesn't know his left from right, two cents came in for one play and left like TuPac, went to emergency QB Fran because somebody put the name "Tarkington" on the back of his shirt and somebody in the stands was "beware of aggies"....can the season get any worse?......laugh fellas, it's only February!  Good luck HJ....with this crowd we're going to need it.
[/quote]

Funny guy!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Just lightening the mood....on a serious note, I'm looking forward to this year already....can't say as i've done that in a few years....I'm very proud of these kids from HJ just as you guys are of your teams....all of this talk about who or what the problem was/is.....it's just time to strap it up and play ball.....one of the posts I read was asking if hj had as many kids move on to the next level and play as our district counterparts, well no they have not, but part of that has been by choice of the kid, deciding not to play at the next level and just attend school....at the same time, with our record the way it's been, they didn't have much confidence going forward.  Oh well, out with the old, in with the new....turn the page and start a new chapter....good luck again HJ...I'll be there rooting you boys on.

[quote name="undiscovered" post="1372722" timestamp="1360629012"]
bedlemond , so what your saying is both of your sons deserved to play at the varsity level? and that the coach seemed to have made a mistake?

[/quote]
Never said that, my oldest son stsrted as a freshman on varsity last year and although i believe my youngest could have done the same this year, i accepted it. My problems with the program has never neen the play of my sons, its the kids on the bench and thought process of our ex fearless leader. So using all of your theories, all these college, pro, and even high school programs that are not successful and fire their coaches for loosing, you guys blame the players? Your saying that Martel  should have been coach of the year??? That makes sense.

Guest Air Bisquit
Just saw on another site that the timeline to hire is in early April with the first day of work approximately April 22.

For the kids sake I hope they get it right.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="TammyEdelmon" post="1372952" timestamp="1360689225"]
Can't wait for HJ's group of NO-Talent football players to make the playoffs this year....
[/quote]

Not going to happen :D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1372980" timestamp="1360691548"]
[quote author=TammyEdelmon link=topic=108568.msg1372952#msg1372952 date=1360689225]
Can't wait for HJ's group of NO-Talent football players to make the playoffs this year....
[/quote]

[/quote]

We need an emoticon of a chicken with ruffled feathers.  I'd post it right here!!!.... ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Scatright" post="1373046" timestamp="1360694192"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1372980#msg1372980 date=1360691548]
[quote author=TammyEdelmon link=topic=108568.msg1372952#msg1372952 date=1360689225]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We need an emoticon of a chicken with ruffled feathers.  I'd post it right here!!!.... ;)
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/saraswatz/Angry_Bird.jpg[/img]

[quote name="spede" post="1372819" timestamp="1360643285"]
[/quote]Good stuff.  Lol  ;D ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="LOKI" post="1373236" timestamp="1360716851"]
[quote author=spede link=topic=108568.msg1372819#msg1372819 date=1360643285]
[/quote]Good stuff.  Lol  ;D ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D

The truth of the matter here is that HJ might be better off putting the AD role in the hands of the basketball coach. Truly believe that they might get a better football coach if the job is head football only. This will attract only those people who are interested in making the football program better and not worried about playing politics or concerning themselves with which sport is more important. They need a guy that is not worried about what he has, but is willing to do the best with the cards he is dealt.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1373587" timestamp="1360771222"]
The truth of the matter here is that HJ might be better off putting the AD role in the hands of the basketball coach. Truly believe that they might get a better football coach if the job is head football only. This will attract only those people who are interested in making the football program better and not worried about playing politics or concerning themselves with which sport is more important. They need a guy that is not worried about what he has, but is willing to do the best with the cards he is dealt.
[/quote]

It is very hard to find just a HC at the 3A level.
Most experienced coach's want the title of AD along with their coaching duties. If they go that route they may can get a young coach to come in and wanting to make a name for himself.
Money plays a big part in it.

My point exactly. A football coach. Not a power hungry, control motivated AD. Not necessarly a young coach or a coach looking to use HJ as a stepping stone, BUT a football coach concerned with winning football games and building a program. A COACH motivated by doing what is best for all of the kids and establishing football as priority in HJ.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1373602" timestamp="1360772481"]
My point exactly. A football coach. Not a power hungry, control motivated AD. Not necessarly a young coach or a coach looking to use HJ as a stepping stone, BUT a football coach concerned with winning football games and building a program. A COACH motivated by doing what is best for all of the kids and establishing football as priority in HJ.
[/quote]

My point is without the AD title, HJ will most likely be a stepping stone. In a perfect world I see your point.

Why settle for $60,000 when you can make $80,000

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1373624" timestamp="1360773553"]
And your point is a valid one. But, there are a a bunch of very good FOOTBALL coaches in the area looking for the opportunity to be a head coach. Looking for the chance to put their mark on a program and build a tradition of success. Guys that if given the opportunity could build something in HJ.
[/quote]

I agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder