**#3 SILSBEE at #9 WEST ORANGE-STARK Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 79-72

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Pumper" post="1365125" timestamp="1358615587"]
When HJ played there, the heat was blasting then too.  It was ridiculous. 

Also, a question; is the free throw stat correct?  Silsbee shot 30 more free throws than WOS?  Really???
[/quote]

Yes, that stat is correct.

Silsbee attacked the rim with a vengeance last night, particularly Holmes. WO-S committed several fouls on the Tigers while in the act of shooting thus sending Silsbee to the line to shoot two. Also at the end of each half Silsbee was in the double bonus therefore each foul regardless if shooting or not resulted in the Tigers shooting two free throws. It added up quickly.

Silsbee looked to be a step quicker than the Stangs, particularly Holmes. WO-S had no answer for him.

One thing I have found to generally be the case in basketball refereeing is that the aggressor gets rewarded.  Attacking the basket, or just generally attacking is the right "attitude" to play with.  I can think of several teams (and players) who would benefit from being more aggressive. 

Foul counts are an interesting stat, though not always indicative of what some fans may think.

I have told my sons on many occasions that "if you are tentative, you [u][b]will[/b][/u] make mistakes (turnovers, etc), and if you are aggressive you [u][b]might[/b][/u] make mistakes.  Might as well be aggressive and see what happens!"

Play aggressive and most refs and coaches will give you the benefit of the doubt.  Play tentative and ride the pine..... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami