**TAPPS District Play Jan. 18**/Post'em

Kelly won 39-38 on a lay up by Charlie Haught on a feed from Thomas Falgout with about 3 seconds left.  The final score was the only lead for Kelly the entire game except for a 1-0 lead at the start.  Concoridia was up 13-9 at the half as they ran as much as two minutes off the clock on a couple of 2nd qtr possessions.  Kelly struggled to make shots when they finally got the ball.  Concordia opened the 3rd qtr on a 9-0 run to go up 22-9, but Kelly had cut the lead to 29-22 by the end of the 3rd as some shots finally began to fall.  Kelly continued to cut into the lead in the 4th but never took the lead until the final bucket of the game.  It wasn't pretty, but in district who cares a win is a win.  Kelly was led in scoring by Thomas Falgout -13 and Andrew Pace -10.  Concordia shot 21 free throws to 6 for Kelly and I can't tell who how many charges were called.  Basically, it you fell down it was a charge.

Kelly has road games this week Tuesday at The Village in a non-district game and Friday at St. Thomas.  Did The Village win the Nederland tournament?  I can't remember.  I know their point guard has committed to play at the University of Texas.  St. Thomas may be down a little this year from past years, but that place is an extremely tuff place to play.  Two tuff road trips to Houston this week, but 2-0 in district so far. 

Kelly will be getting ready for St. Thomas all week.  I doubt that Coach Knowles will treat the game with The Village as anything more than a scrimmage.  I haven't seen them this year, but we play them every year and we actually beat them about 3 years ago.  Coach will use this game to work on things he wants the team to improve on and get better.

I did not mean to imply that Knowles will not try to win, but all practice preparation this week will be directed towards St. Thomas.  Hopefully, we will at least make a game of it.  And as a added bonus I will get to see a future Longhorn.  They need all the help they can get right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83