*Beaumont Ozen at Port Neches-Groves Updates*/Ozen wins 47-44

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1363953" timestamp="1358307512"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=108251.msg1363951#msg1363951 date=1358307436]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108251.msg1363932#msg1363932 date=1358306351]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=108251.msg1363901#msg1363901 date=1358305164]
47-44 Ozen
Final
Demaster Sam hits game winning 3 with 3 sec left. .
[/quote]Was it an off the glass 3?
[/quote]

Lol....noooo....all netttttt ...swishhhh.....
[/quote]That 3 off the glass on Friday still haunts me-Lol!
[/quote]

;) ... this one was alot better....but geeshhh I needed some tums afterwards. ..

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
No excuses Png executed their offense and defense. ..Ozen came out sleep  :-\ .... there was one ref who was calling some suspect calls towards the end...nevertheless PnG played HARD..hats off to them...

Sounds like PNG did the same thing to Ozen that they did to Kelly.  They got ahead at the start of the game by 8 or 10 points and then turned the game into a half court grind it out game.  Kelly tried to speed up the tempo but PNG did a great job of playing at their pace.  Kelly finally took the lead early in the 4th qtr., but it was a battle the entire way.  The key to beating PNG is to get an early lead so they can't totally control the flow of the game.  And yes #15 can shot the rock.

Man I really dont know what to say about ozen. I refuse to put all the blame on The coaching staff heck I wnt blame them at all in this post lol. The players on that team play when they want to and only when they want to. Ive been to most of the games this year and theynever seem so play with any passion  unless they are playing central and nederland. Those guys are too darn good to play like they did the other night. They need to take lessons from the lady panthers. The girls are mor entertaining to watch then the boys. The girls could care less who they play they are going to play their hardest if the win by 3 or by 95 you know they gave it their all. I question that of the boys alot.

[quote name="DJANGO" post="1364140" timestamp="1358360167"]
Man I really dont know what to say about ozen. I refuse to put all the blame on The coaching staff heck I wnt blame them at all in this post lol. The players on that team play when they want to and only when they want to. Ive been to most of the games this year and theynever seem so play with any passion  unless they are playing central and nederland. Those guys are too darn good to play like they did the other night. They need to take lessons from the lady panthers. The girls are mor entertaining to watch then the boys. The girls could care less who they play they are going to play their hardest if the win by 3 or by 95 you know they gave it their all. I question that of the boys alot.
[/quote]

I think you may be underestimating PNG

Nash I wasnt underestimating PNg. They played a great game and if it wasnt for the last min. shot they would have won. Hats off to the Indians great game plan and very well executed. the point I was trying to make is that you never know what team will show up with these guys. If we were playing nederland it would have been more hustle from the team. diving in the floor for loose balls sprinting down the court in transition. things I call the want to things. Every game is a big game!!!!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1364142" timestamp="1358360557"]
Hey BD3-Why didn't y'all shoot that poorly against Ned last Friday night? ???
Was PNG's zone that much better than Ned's?
[/quote] Here is my take on the game. First qtr score was 4-1,maybe? Ozen had plenty of shots during the that qtr and just flat out missed them. It was a team effort because there was no mental focus. Ozen took PNG lightly and coasted until the 4th qtr. As sloppy as that game was, Ozen played some of the best full court defense I've seen them play, not counting going under picks against the opponents good shooters in half court "d." But Ozen fought through a bad night and did what they had to do when it counted. The issue at hand is that you don't want your players thinking they can turn it on when they want to - to get the win. That kind of thinking  will send you home early against good teams.

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1364136" timestamp="1358358920"]
Sounds like PNG did the same thing to Ozen that they did to Kelly.  They got ahead at the start of the game by 8 or 10 points and then turned the game into a half court grind it out game.  Kelly tried to speed up the tempo but PNG did a great job of playing at their pace.  Kelly finally took the lead early in the 4th qtr., but it was a battle the entire way.  The key to beating PNG is to get an early lead so they can't totally control the flow of the game.  And yes #15 can shot the rock.
[/quote]
I believe Kelly would give Beaumont Ozen a run for their money, don't you think. These teams play almost identical, with great guards but weaker post.

[quote name="smooth" post="1364358" timestamp="1358436147"]
Dove you do mean part of the 2% that pay more in taxes correct?

I have a feeling had this been a team that was west of beaumont your analysis of this game would have been different ;)
[/quote] HJ would have smacked PN-G. Thats the advantage of playing weaker teams on a regular basis. They are use to it. ;)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1364463" timestamp="1358450187"]
Since HJ has played PNG just like Ozen has, what does that say about the schedule?  Does is say that Ozen plays the same weak schools that HJ plays or does it say HJ plays the same strong school Ozen plays?
[/quote]PN-G is district. You chose to play Spurger and Big Sandy  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1364478" timestamp="1358451760"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108251.msg1364463#msg1364463 date=1358450187]
Since HJ has played PNG just like Ozen has, what does that say about the schedule?  Does is say that Ozen plays the same weak schools that HJ plays or does it say HJ plays the same strong school Ozen plays?
[/quote]

Hmm- I saw Tatum, Kountze,  Nederland, Central,and Longview on our schedule but I didnt see Spurger and Big Sandy.  I usually dont miss many games.  How did we do against those two teams?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1364496" timestamp="1358454267"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108251.msg1364478#msg1364478 date=1358451760]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108251.msg1364463#msg1364463 date=1358450187]
[/quote]

Hmm- I saw Tatum, Kountze,  Nederland, Central,and Longview on our schedule but I didnt see Spurger and Big Sandy.  I usually dont miss many games.  How did we do against those two teams?
[/quote] Those were the only small schools I could think of at the time.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1364520" timestamp="1358458452"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108251.msg1364496#msg1364496 date=1358454267]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108251.msg1364478#msg1364478 date=1358451760]
[/quote]

[/quote] Those were the only small schools I could think of at the time.
[/quote]

So its better to intentionally misrepresent things rather than take a minute or two to use facts?  I thought somebody else on here had already established that the size of the school wasnt nearly as important as the quality of the basketball team?  I guess that depends on which point you are trying to make.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder