**WOODVILLE TOURNEY UPDATES**

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1359452" timestamp="1356803945"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=107770.msg1359449#msg1359449 date=1356803436]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=107770.msg1359442#msg1359442 date=1356802652]
[quote author=ballerforchrist link=topic=107770.msg1359437#msg1359437 date=1356802048]
I thought this thread was for updating the scores for the tournament.  People need to get their facts straight before they go making statements about something that they know nothing about.  All the coaches seem to be enjoying the tournament games. The bracket was not change so that Woodville would be in the championship game. There were teams added late, and travel consideration played a big part in having to move some teams around. Don't make assumptions about a person that you don't even know. The Woodville Coach is a pretty good guy, and if you would like to know why there were changes, it was not so that they would be in the championship. You can can talk to him, he is a pretty level headed guy. I know that this is a public forum and you have the right to speak your mind, but know your facts first.
[/quote] I didn't say he changed it for them to get to the Championship I just started that it was changed.
[/quote]
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that specific comment was directed at the member who suggested that that was the case. Not you. Even though you stated that you agreed with everything this person said. But still.
[/quote] I said I agree with ALMOST everything he said.
[/quote]
Ooooh okay.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1359592" timestamp="1356832954"]
Terrible refs. I rarely complain about refs but this whole game had me like.  :o Kelly played bad on offense missed open lay ups and easy shots MANY times. Good job by Woodville regardless.
[/quote]
Maybe you should've seen the Woodville/Jasper game lol THOSE were bad refs. But good game by both teams.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1359597" timestamp="1356833405"]
Refs just suck period. I haven't been to one single game this year that I have came away sayin the refs were good and I have watched several games this year that I didn't have a care who won. I have told my suck just to expect it and play through it it's part of the game now
[/quote]
Which is a very sad fact, unfortunately.

My comment implied that the bracket was setup to give Wville the best chance to advance to the championship and I stand behind it. There are no guarantees. I give them credit for beating who they had to. Btw...the comment about Cleveland not facing quality opponents the caliber of Jasper or Hull Daisetta, that's just funny.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1359648" timestamp="1356838966"]
My comment implied that the bracket was setup to give Wville the best chance to advance to the championship and I stand behind it. There are no guarantees. I give them credit for beating who they had to. Btw...the comment about Cleveland not facing quality opponents the caliber of Jasper or Hull Daisetta, that's just funny.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]What was the score of all the HD games please :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1359648" timestamp="1356838966"]
[/quote]
First, I didn't say HD. I said Woodville. And I was referring to in the teams they've played in the tournament. You can stand behind your opinion all you want. All we are doing is simply saying that your opinion is wrong. Take it for what it's worth or not; it doesnt really matter. Honestly, Woodville gave Kelly alot more problems than Cleveland did. Especially earlier in the game. Woodville is a very disruptive team because they have alot of small, quick guards that like to tip and steal. But the key to Woodville is the amount of heart they have when they play. Which would probably be the difference-maker if Woodville and Cleveland were to play each other. But thats all speculation and wont be proven, so no point in arguing. Im sure Cleveland's coach was very pleased with how the tournament went and in the grand scheme of things, thats all that matters.

The championship game between Kelly and Woodville was an ugly game.  The plan by Woodville seemed to be slow down the game and play tuff man to man defense.  There was a lot of hand checking, grabbing jerseys and a lot of contact around the basket.  The refs let it go.  Three different times Kelly players were bleeding and had to either change jerseys or come out of the game.  We haven't had that happen all year but happened three different times in one game.  None of that really matters.  Kelly won the game on the road in a difficult environment.  And the only reason you play these pre-district games is to get ready for district.  Games against Cleveland and Woodville will help our team.  You want to see as many different styles of play as possible.  And you want to see as many different styles by the refs as possible.  All our district games are in Houston so you never know what to expect from the refs.  Typically they allow more physical play over there than what is allowed in this area.

Good well run tournament as always by Woodville.  If your kids play as hard and physical as they did against Kelly I expect you will have some success in your district.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics