Great Job To All The 21-3A All District Players

CATS80

[quote name="CATS80" post="1352731" timestamp="1355101470"]
Great Job men To all of you . You all deserve it. you all worked very hard all year for this . All of the names are in the Orange Leader I didnt want to copy it . Not sure if that was ok to do
[/quote]Yes congrats it is also on KOGT.

Break down of how many each team had on the all-district teams and how many will return next year:

All District 1st and 2nd                              Returning

WO-S                        23                                                    5
Silsbee                      21                                                  11
Bridge City                11                                                    3
Hamshire-Fannett        9                                                    1
Buna                          6                                                    2
Orangefield                  6                                                    2
Hardin-Jefferson          5                                                    5

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1352775" timestamp="1355105718"]
Break down of how many each team had on the all-district teams and how many will return next year:

All District 1st and 2nd                              Returning

WO-S                        23                                                    5
Silsbee                      21                                                  11
Bridge City                11                                                    3
Hamshire-Fannett        9                                                    1
Buna                          6                                                    2
Orangefield                  6                                                    2
Hardin-Jefferson          5                                                    5
[/quote]Wow Silsbee should be stacked next year. Plus there are some new younger men that should  really do well. I know I had been watching a 9th Grader this year that is a monster and can really move well for such a huge guy.

Just viewed the 21 3a all district picks on KOGT congrats too all the players represented on this team it is a great achievement to have this honor. Congrats to All the HF football players. Kendrick King Newcomer of the Year, Dante Smith 1st team QB, Darius Riley,Travis Appling, and Jordan Brown 2nd team Offense. Mitch McCall, Jacob King, Cody Burrell, and Darius Riley for 2nd team Defense. Congrats to all of you....

i brought this up a few weeks ago on how they do all district picks nowadays , but i didnt get an answer . i remember back in the day if you were mvp of the district and you played running back you were automatically 1st team running back and the stats you racked up was worthy of you being on that 1st team  . i see nowadays if you make a superlative you are not included on the 1st team or second team . the question is who was the best qb in 21-3a ? i am a hamshire alumni and im really happy too see dante smith make 1st team qb , im just curious on how they do their voting nowadays , also glad too see the freshmen k king make newcomer of the year (something we didnt have back in the day ) and other hamshire players make an all district team .

[quote name="#62jjohnson" post="1352847" timestamp="1355146479"]
i brought this up a few weeks ago on how they do all district picks nowadays , but i didnt get an answer . i remember back in the day if you were mvp of the district and you played running back you were automatically 1st team running back and the stats you racked up was worthy of you being on that 1st team  . i see nowadays if you make a superlative you are not included on the 1st team or second team . [b]the question is who was the best qb in 21-3a ?[/b] i am a hamshire alumni and im really happy too see dante smith make 1st team qb , im just curious on how they do their voting nowadays , also glad too see the freshmen k king make newcomer of the year (something we didnt have back in the day ) and other hamshire players make an all district team .
[/quote]

Your district MVP and offensive and defensive MVP's are considered 1st team.

To answer your question about who was the best QB in the district, well it was the district MVP in Silsbee QB Patrick Reed. Reed finished with over 1100 yards rushing and 2500 yards passing for over 3600 yards of total offense on the year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1353010" timestamp="1355166800"]
[quote author=#62jjohnson link=topic=107316.msg1352847#msg1352847 date=1355146479]
i brought this up a few weeks ago on how they do all district picks nowadays , but i didnt get an answer . i remember back in the day if you were mvp of the district and you played running back you were automatically 1st team running back and the stats you racked up was worthy of you being on that 1st team  . i see nowadays if you make a superlative you are not included on the 1st team or second team . [b]the question is who was the best qb in 21-3a ?[/b] i am a hamshire alumni and im really happy too see dante smith make 1st team qb , im just curious on how they do their voting nowadays , also glad too see the freshmen k king make newcomer of the year (something we didnt have back in the day ) and other hamshire players make an all district team .
[/quote]
thanks for the answer , so why wasnt reed picked as mvp and 1st team qb , the young man  from wos the  outstanding offensive player and 2nd team qb and dante smith be honarable mention ? im just saying its obvious the system has changed over the years , i was just asking does anyone know why and when ? or did they think that if someone wins superlatives that is enough so its more room to put other kids on the all district list ?

Your district MVP and offensive and defensive MVP's are considered 1st team.

To answer your question about who was the best QB in the district, well it was the district MVP in Silsbee QB Patrick Reed. Reed finished with over 1100 yards rushing and 2500 yards passing for over 3600 yards of total offense on the year.
[/quote]

[quote name="Cat22" post="1353907" timestamp="1355324489"]
So a team that doesn't win a district game has more players on all district than 3 teams that beat them and outscored them by a combined total of 122-76!
[/quote] It looks as if thats how it played out. They are all picked by the coaches of the district. And I am pretty sure that the coaches cant vote on any of his own players.  The * note as unanimous Votes As to how well that player played his particular position In all of the coaches eyes as an individual. and not nessesarily as a team. As a team it is decided as what place in the district they placed per wins and loses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami