**BISD/YMBL TOURNEY SCORE UPDATES**

[quote name="ballin4life" post="1348342" timestamp="1354560760"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106883.msg1348234#msg1348234 date=1354549768]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1348231#msg1348231 date=1354549243]
@HonestAbe.. dont take what I said negatively....I meant that probably moved into the district..I was simply saying that alot of kids dont wanna wait to play so their going elsewhere..personally I see nothing wrong with it..prepare your team no matter who the other team has..I like Nederland...I think fundamentals are where its at even tho some think u should just let players run up and and down the court with no structure. .
[/quote]Trust me, I didn't take what you said negatively. Like you, I'm all about facts, not nonsense talk (most of the time)  ;) and I just wanted to set the record straight.
[/quote] 

you really didnt set the record straight..... if a parents wants their kid to move out of Paisd for whateva reason i dont see anything wrong with that, but dont sit on here and pretend that NED. DONT HAVE KIDZ THAT COME FROM PA
[/quote]UhUh! Cat fight brewing  :-\

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ballin4life" post="1348342" timestamp="1354560760"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106883.msg1348234#msg1348234 date=1354549768]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1348231#msg1348231 date=1354549243]
@HonestAbe.. dont take what I said negatively....I meant that probably moved into the district..I was simply saying that alot of kids dont wanna wait to play so their going elsewhere..personally I see nothing wrong with it..prepare your team no matter who the other team has..I like Nederland...I think fundamentals are where its at even tho some think u should just let players run up and and down the court with no structure. .
[/quote]Trust me, I didn't take what you said negatively. Like you, I'm all about facts, not nonsense talk (most of the time)  ;) and I just wanted to set the record straight.
[/quote] 

you really didnt set the record straight..... if a parents wants their kid to move out of Paisd for whateva reason i dont see anything wrong with that, but dont sit on here and pretend that NED. DONT HAVE KIDZ THAT COME FROM PA
[/quote]Never said they weren't FROM PA, i said they didn't TRANSFER from PAM. We also have kids who are zoned to NISD who live in Pt. Neches too. It's been like this for as long as I've been alive.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="kING TUT" post="1348333" timestamp="1354560209"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1347754#msg1347754 date=1354483606]
Noooo what's DUMB is u using winning district titles as a measuring stick for being successful as a coach..now that's hilarious....and on top of that saying he's not on Bouttes level as a head coach....maybe not but who cares...so I guess Coach Saveat is not successful because he hasn't won a district title but he's gone the furthest in the PLAYOFFS out of all the schools...u have a lot to learn my friend..told u I TALK FACTS...NOT FICTION...and u act as If Nederland,Central, which btw are the only schools who could actually compete for a district title are pushovers....hmmm my fellow SETX ppl let is Larry Brown a good coach yes...is Roy Williams a good coach yes...the only difference is their approach to the game...your a supporter of Ozen right sounds to me when they lose your the first to say I told u so...when we head to state don't bother packin your bags we don't want fair weather fans riding on the bus.....

Top flight If you are who I think you are can i get a fresh fade before the the sate game.. Want to go see the panthers looking good lol. saveat will get it together and so will the boys.  I know everyone expects an undefeated season but a few early loses doesnt mean the coach sucks are the team is ruined.
[/quote]

Ayeeee yeppp it's me..lol...and of course u can...gotta have ya lookin good...just hit me up

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1348329" timestamp="1354559654"]
Who was disputing that Ozen wasn't gettin all of the best talent..that can be said about alot of schools. ...but remember BISD has a lot to do with balancing out the powers..  :o
[/quote]

Point is that some of Bouttes success can be attributed to having the best talent Beaumont had to offer.  My memory is a little fuzzy but I dont remember him being as dominant when he coached at Kountze.  Also, district championships or state championships are not necessarily reflective of a good coaching job.  If the guy at Bridge City goes 22-7 this year and loses in the first round of the playoffs, I will consider that a far bigger accomplishment than some other schools who advance a lot further.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1348268" timestamp="1354553142"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106883.msg1347705#msg1347705 date=1354478637]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1347697#msg1347697 date=1354477965]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106883.msg1346135#msg1346135 date=1354335136]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1346081#msg1346081 date=1354334196]
OMG how in the heck Ozen lose to WB please remove Savaet of his duties smh
[/quote] um, West Brook is actually good this year...and besides, Ozen have already beaten West Brook this year, so it was a return of favor, so to speak.    I don't think that's grounds for fireing the coach...
[/quote]I understand where you coming from soulja but back when I played for Ozen it wasn't a such thing as even having close games with teams in the area come on man saveat needs to be removed I played for him I know the guy can't coach a lick and the only reason he still has this job is because he is kin to the athletic director of BISD(RODNEY SAVEAT)
[/quote] I know what you're saying, , but you have to keep in mind that Seveat is NOT Boutte.  Not By a long shot.[color=red][size=12pt] [b]Also, Ozen isn't [/b] [b]getting ALL of Beaumont's talents anymore.[/b]  It's a change in the times, man.  [b]The talent is evenly distributed now.[/b]  [/size] [/color] Green and Zeno at West Brook and the young guns at Central. 

Now to think about it, where is y'all's young gun, Boyd?
[/quote]

Boyd is sitting in the stands and playing freshman ball

Stop bring up when perk played...I'm not even speaking on that team look at the success the 07 team had 08...you have to posed the question why isn't ozen winning like they were in the past...Do you guys honestly think Nederland would be winning district if boutte was still at ozen honestly? That's all I'm saying Boutte set a standard for ozen basketball program and if that standard can't be kept or improved then there needs to be another guy coaching point blank...the talent has been evenly distributed is BS to me ozen still has the best basketball players in the area point losing to Nederland WB Central etc is not acceptable and being an ozen alum I know they deserve better

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348441" timestamp="1354568862"]
Stop bring up when perk played...I'm not even speaking on that team look at the success the 07 team had 08...you have to posed the question why isn't ozen winning like they were in the past...Do you guys honestly think Nederland would be winning district if boutte was still at ozen honestly? That's all I'm saying Boutte set a standard for ozen basketball program and if that standard can't be kept or improved then there needs to be another guy coaching point blank...[b]the talent has been evenly distributed is BS to me ozen still has the best basketball players[/b] in the area point losing to Nederland WB Central etc is not acceptable and being an ozen alum I know they deserve better
[/quote]

Ozen would love to have about 4 players from West Brook and about 5 players from Central this season.

Ozen's best player came from Hamshire-Fannett!!

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1348448" timestamp="1354569564"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348441#msg1348441 date=1354568862]
Stop bring up when perk played...I'm not even speaking on that team look at the success the 07 team had 08...you have to posed the question why isn't ozen winning like they were in the past...Do you guys honestly think Nederland would be winning district if boutte was still at ozen honestly? That's all I'm saying Boutte set a standard for ozen basketball program and if that standard can't be kept or improved then there needs to be another guy coaching point blank...[b]the talent has been evenly distributed is BS to me ozen still has the best basketball players[/b] in the area point losing to Nederland WB Central etc is not acceptable and being an ozen alum I know they deserve better
[/quote]

Ozen would love to have about 4 players from West Brook and about 5 players from Central this season.

Ozen's best player came from Hamshire-Fannett!!
[/quote]

Let's see from WB...J.Green..M.Zeno..K.Randall..J.Hadnot...Central...G.Mitchell...E.Wildrige...N.Pearson...A.Wells..yep...that would be a fantasy team...lol

Ozensfinest, let me say this "I get what you are saying and some I agree with and some I don't". Several posters have made valid points. Again those that have read some of my posts know that I've had my share of disdain for the coaching staff. I've said it before and I'll say it again. WE WERE BAMBOOZLED lol. My son grew up under Boutte at open gym every summer for how many years I can't remember. Boutte formed a "relationship" with my son and several of the kids in that class and they thought they were on top of the game by attending open gym and Boutte communicating with them. Knowing they would play for Boutte, they couldn't wait to get to Ozen. For kids again this was the "hype". When he left Ozen and his replacement was named, the question was asked "Do I still have to go to Ozen?". At that time it was more or less write Central, WB and Ozen down on 3 pieces of paper and whichever 1 you pick is where you are going. I honestly wasn't pleased with the situation at either campus but Ozen had the edge. Now back to today, there are quite a few things I don't agree with concerning Ozen basketball. Do I voice my opinion to people YES in a respectful conversation and not for all of Beaumont to hear. Do I voice my opinion in front of my son or any of the kids NO cuz if I don't respect his authority then mine would feel that he could do and say what he wants. YES I say some things behind my keyboard but trust me it's nothing I haven't said to the coaching staff in a respectful manner. I don't want to see anyone and I'll never push for somebody to lose their job especially behind losing a tournament or a game. That Boutte era is over but that doesn't mean that the program hasn't been or can't be successful. I'm old but I don't recall a season where Ozen hasn't made the playoffs. Now as for this season, Ozen will be fine. We need to get our injured football players healthy and D. Sam as well. Myles and Caleb will make a difference down low. Our guards are there, we just need to get our lineups together. This novel was just written by a parent in support of my son and the Panthers!  ;D 

Stop bring up when perk played...I'm not even speaking on that team look at the success the 07 team had 08...you have to posed the question why isn't ozen winning like they were in the past...Do you guys honestly think Nederland would be winning district if boutte was still at ozen honestly? That's all I'm saying Boutte set a standard for ozen basketball program and if that standard can't be kept or improved then there needs to be another guy coaching point blank...the talent has been evenly distributed is BS to me ozen still has the best basketball players in the area point losing to Nederland WB Central etc is not acceptable and being an ozen alum I know they deserve better
[/quote]Boutte's 2003/2004 Team lost to Vidor 3 times in one year, so yes, I do believe Nederland would still be winning district championships if he were still coach.  ;)

[quote name="ballin4life" post="1348368" timestamp="1354563096"]
OH OK.... MY LIPS ARE  :-X
[/quote]No lips need to be sealed. As I mentioned, it's been like that for decades. The area south of Hwy 365 is PA city limits, but it's considered NISD. Same way with homes located South of Ave. H and East of Hwy 347. That area is considered Pt. Neches, TX, but those kids have always been zoned to NISD.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348140" timestamp="1354526095"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=106883.msg1348125#msg1348125 date=1354511932]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348087#msg1348087 date=1354508599]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=106883.msg1347754#msg1347754 date=1354483606]
Noooo what's DUMB is u using winning district titles as a measuring stick for being successful as a coach..now that's hilarious....and on top of that saying he's not on Bouttes level as a head coach....maybe not but who cares...so I guess Coach Saveat is not successful because he hasn't won a district title but he's gone the furthest in the PLAYOFFS out of all the schools...u have a lot to learn my friend..told u I TALK FACTS...NOT FICTION...and u act as If Nederland,Central, which btw are the only schools who could actually compete for a district title are pushovers....hmmm my fellow SETX ppl let is Larry Brown a good coach yes...is Roy Williams a good coach yes...the only difference is their approach to the game...your a supporter of Ozen right sounds to me when they lose your the first to say I told u so...when we head to state don't bother packin your bags we don't want fair weather fans riding on the bus.....
[/quote]Ok lets talk fact...the first time Ozen has ever lost to central is when Saveat took over correct? The first time ozen hasn't won the district title since its been open(maybe besides once or twice) was under Savaet correct? We can talk facts all day its proven that the program has gone down since being under savaet thats facts...and I thought thats what coaches were judged by their success
[/quote]
You do realize Ozen doesn't have a 6'10" NBA player on its team anymore don't you? Ozen has a good team, but they are not overloaded with talent like they use to be in the Boutte era.
[/quote]You do realize they didn't have anyone 6'10 on the 07' team that went to state either huh?
[/quote]
No, but they had 6'7" Chris Richard who went on to play at Tulane and some professional basketball over seas.

[/quote]

Most of the reason that "the standard was set" was the basketball material that was enrolled in the school at that time.  As for not losing to Central until recently, that is likely only because Ozen hasnt been in existence very long.  If Boutte was, as you like to infer, the sole reason for the success of Ozen, he would be in the NCAA and/or NBA by now.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1348535" timestamp="1354578739"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348441#msg1348441 date=1354568862]
[/quote]

Most of the reason that "the standard was set" was the basketball material that was enrolled in the school at that time.  As for not losing to Central until recently, that is likely only because Ozen hasnt been in existence very long.  If Boutte was, as you like to infer, the sole reason for the success of Ozen, he would be in the NCAA and/or NBA by now.
[/quote]How many times has this exact topic been discussed on this board over the past 3/4 years?

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1348521" timestamp="1354576350"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348140#msg1348140 date=1354526095]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=106883.msg1348125#msg1348125 date=1354511932]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=106883.msg1348087#msg1348087 date=1354508599]
[/quote]Ok lets talk fact...the first time Ozen has ever lost to central is when Saveat took over correct? The first time ozen hasn't won the district title since its been open(maybe besides once or twice) was under Savaet correct? We can talk facts all day its proven that the program has gone down since being under savaet thats facts...and I thought thats what coaches were judged by their success
[/quote]
You do realize Ozen doesn't have a 6'10" NBA player on its team anymore don't you? Ozen has a good team, but they are not overloaded with talent like they use to be in the Boutte era.
[/quote]You do realize they didn't have anyone 6'10 on the 07' team that went to state either huh?
[/quote]
No, but they had 6'7" Chris Richard who went on to play at Tulane and some professional basketball over seas.
[/quote]Kris Richards was only 6'4 and had a team full of sophomores breon johnson willie jefferson etc

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1348535" timestamp="1354578739"]
[/quote]

[/quote]If i recall Lamar offered him the job several times but he turned it down and seriously doubt Boutte wouldve lost to central...but no matter what I know saveat isn't the guy for the job i guess you guys aren't seeing the same things I'm seeing...let me ask you guys a question answer it truthfully do you guys think Ozen is a state championship caliber? Even the favorite to win their WEAK 20-4A district...and BTW when is the last time Ozen wasn't ranked in the top 25 in the state? Mind you all these things are happening under saveats reign....IMO these are all signs that he's not the man for the job....I have nothing against saveat he's a very nice guy just not the guy who she be coaching at ozen IMO 

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1348547" timestamp="1354579729"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=106883.msg1348535#msg1348535 date=1354578739]
[/quote]

[/quote]If i recall Lamar offered him the job several times but he turned it down and seriously doubt Boutte wouldve lost to central...but no matter what I know saveat isn't the guy for the job i guess you guys aren't seeing the same things I'm seeing...let me ask you guys a question answer it truthfully do you guys think Ozen is a state championship caliber? Even the favorite to win their WEAK 20-4A district...and BTW when is the last time Ozen wasn't ranked in the top 25 in the state? Mind you all these things are happening under saveats reign....IMO these are all signs that he's not the man for the job....I have nothing against saveat he's a very nice guy just not the guy who she be coaching at ozen IMO
[/quote]

NO, you dont recall because he was NEVER offered the Lamar head coaching job.  If the material is not adequate, Phil Jackson will not lead the team to Austin.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1348567" timestamp="1354581393"]
I'd rather a deep playoff run (like Ozen's run last year) vs. a petty state ranking or a district win  to a crosstown rival.  C'mon, man.  You're killin' me.
[/quote]

It's a waste of time trying to get OZENSFINEST to have an understanding...he believes district champs. and state rankings make a school but makin a deep PLAYOFF run is not sufficient..this is what we've come to in basketball...these are the exact ppl I try to keep from influencing my son into to believing its the coaches fault if they lose..

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1348512" timestamp="1354575423"]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=106883.msg1348368#msg1348368 date=1354563096]
[/quote]No lips need to be sealed. As I mentioned, it's been like that for decades. The area south of Hwy 365 is PA city limits, but it's considered NISD. Same way with homes located South of Ave. H and East of Hwy 347. That area is considered Pt. Neches, TX, but those kids have always been zoned to NISD.
[/quote]

Dude alot of kids  grew up,played and got tuff in pa and yes went to Ned to play......but decades 4real there was not blacks playing in Ned...... It is what it is

[quote name="ballin4life" post="1348713" timestamp="1354593597"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=106883.msg1348512#msg1348512 date=1354575423]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=106883.msg1348368#msg1348368 date=1354563096]
[/quote]

Dude alot of kids  grew up,played and got tuff in pa and yes went to Ned to play......but decades 4real there was not blacks playing in Ned...... It is what it is
[/quote]I NEVER said that sir. Please read what i am typing. All that I am referring to is the area in which NISD extends into PA City limits. Kids (regardless of color), who live in the area of PATX in which I described, have attended Nederland schools for decades. If you want to PM me, I will explain further.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder