Beaumont Ozen vs. Houston Yates update/YATES WINS 80-77!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1338901" timestamp="1353561027"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106627.msg1338897#msg1338897 date=1353560717]
I think Ozen may be better than expected.
[/quote]

I agree.

But I also think that Yates isn't the monster that some are making them out to be.

[b]They are beatable[/b].
[/quote]
This^

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1338901" timestamp="1353561027"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106627.msg1338897#msg1338897 date=1353560717]
I think Ozen may be better than expected.
[/quote]

I agree.

But I also think that Yates isn't the monster that some are making them out to be.

They are beatable.
[/quote]

They are, at least at this point in the year.  I don't know about tonight but I know in the game I saw they only really used maybe 9 or 10.  That starting five will outsize most teams but I also feel they have a little bit of vulnerability in there as well.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Yates guard play is a lil shaky but their post man is the real deal. The game was won on rebounding. OZEN was a lil shook at first but because of their own mistakes. Once they fixed those and found out that Yates couldnt handle pressure themselves they got back in the game. It was about effort that's it's. OZEN played a hell of game in the second half and I won't blame referring but they allowed Yates to blatantly hold OZEN players right in front of them with no call..but no excuses they won...Great game Panthers lets continue to work and get better.

Ozen, when they play with max effort, will frustrate any team in the state. Yates is still a top tier program and the Panthers showed they could hang with and beat teams of that caliber. I think it's an awesome idea to play a powerhouse team early. Let's see what we're made of. The playoffs will be just as grueling after the 3rd round or so. We'll be good and ready come that time....

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1339064" timestamp="1353616881"]
Unknown heroes on Ozen's team. "Duck" Williams and Ja'Kobi Jones had to hold down the youngsters. They weren't use to big-time games and crowds like last night. Thats what senior leadership does.
[/quote] Are u talking about blue duck  :D 

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1344205" timestamp="1354151867"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106627.msg1339064#msg1339064 date=1353616881]
Unknown heroes on Ozen's team. "Duck" Williams and Ja'Kobi Jones had to hold down the youngsters. They weren't use to big-time games and crowds like last night. Thats what senior leadership does.
[/quote] Are u talking about blue duck  :D
[/quote]"Duck " is one of the few seniors

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83