Study Film: Yates vs Travis

BLUEDOVE3

I watched the entire film,and they are good,but they are beatable.They turn the ball over alot,but it is true that their offence is their defense.They play really fast pace,but so does the Tigers.We definitely have a better than 50/50 chance!!! They are good,but not the greatest. Travis looks really good!!! They gave them a RUN for their money!!!

This video is from last year.  The difference seems to be that last years team was more loaded, based on what I saw monday.  Granted that will probably change later in the year as some of the newer players get more experience.  Their weakness is just what you stated giving up easy baskets once you break the press,  and not much offense except for that created by the press.  Handle the press and you have a good chance of pulling off the upset.  Now with that being said I really feel the starting lineup that they put on the floor monday could probably dominate 3A in more of a half court game(not saying they won't with what they do) but what 3A team can match up with that much size?  Now my question is can a team create enough havoc on Yates to force them into lots of turnovers like they do to other teams?

[quote name="ST413" post="1331850" timestamp="1353033265"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106318.msg1331822#msg1331822 date=1353032336]
I hope I don't get in trouble for showing you guys how Yates is [s]beatable[/s] PLAYABLE from my hometown folkx.  :-X
[/quote]

I may get a second look at Yates next Wednesday night....
[/quote]Wednesday night? Ohhhh yeah-hhhh

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1332201" timestamp="1353068847"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106318.msg1331822#msg1331822 date=1353032336]
I hope I don't get in trouble for showing you guys how Yates is [s]beatable[/s] PLAYABLE from my hometown folkx.  :-X
[/quote]

Its very early in the season.  Dont be surprised to see a few more move ins by playoff time
[/quote] Its possible. But they will move to JV

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1331614" timestamp="1353019685"]
I watched the entire film,and they are good,but they are beatable.They turn the ball over alot,but it is true that their offence is their defense.They play really fast pace,but so does the Tigers.We definitely have a better than 50/50 chance!!! They are good,but not the greatest. Travis looks really good!!! They gave them a RUN for their money!!!
[/quote]But lets not forget, Travis has two MAJOR D-1 players on this team and possible  two future #1 draft picks.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1332534" timestamp="1353085500"]
[quote author=proudmom#32 link=topic=106318.msg1331614#msg1331614 date=1353019685]
[/quote]But lets not forget, Travis has two MAJOR D-1 players on this team and possible  [b]two future #1 draft picks[/b].
[/quote]

Frat, I know they're twins but how can both be #1 picks?  :D :D

Do they come out different years?  ;)

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1332580" timestamp="1353087832"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106318.msg1332534#msg1332534 date=1353085500]
[quote author=proudmom#32 link=topic=106318.msg1331614#msg1331614 date=1353019685]
[/quote]But lets not forget, Travis has two MAJOR D-1 players on this team and possible  [b]two future #1 draft picks[/b].
[/quote]

Frat, I know they're twins but how can both be #1 picks?  :D :D

Do they come out different years?  ;)
[/quote]LOL!! They're twins. Two for the price of ONE!!

Yates doesn't care about the press being broken.. It's not about layups for the other team.. This is where people commonly mistake playing Yates.. It's all about tempo! The want you to run, and they will force you to run.. Yates wins with depth, and they got almost every team in The state beat in that category

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1332623" timestamp="1353089418"]
Yates doesn't care about the press being broken.. It's not about layups for the other team.. This is where people commonly mistake playing Yates.. It's all about tempo! The want you to run, and they will force you to run.. Yates wins with depth, and they got almost every team in The state beat in that category
[/quote]Ding! Ding! You win the prize!!!

You gotta give wise his credit he teach these guys how to play in his system very well and don't limit their talents but one bad thing about wise is that he doesn't know when to slow the game down which cost him a state title last yr...another thing i notice is that their are only certain type of players that can play in wise's system rangy guys who can shoot the three or dunk the sterotypical big man could not play for wise because he run's so much but I love watching yates play unbelievable talent

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder