Hull-Daisetta at Colmesneil Game Thread/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

Colmesneil receives opening kickoff. Picks up one first down and punts. HD marches down the field and Chris Herman punches it in from 4yds out. XP no good.

Colmesneil 3 and out.

Austin Edmondson to Cade Huckabay for a 58 yard TD. 2pt good.

Aaron Mosley with an interception on next Bulldog play.

Darrell Lavalais with a 35 yard run to Bulldog 20.

Bobcats - 14

Bulldogs - 0

End of first qtr

Guest incognito123
Hd has to fix that deep snapper issue or just start going for two. Welch bus a great weapon, but they keep giving points away when the snap isn't there

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1325351" timestamp="1352515710"]
Both teams very inconsistent. Where is this "blinding speed" a certain someone was talking about? Lol not kn this field. That's for sure.
[/quote]

He's not playing offense. Don't need him in this game.

Colmesneil scores with some backups in for HD.

Bobcats - 43

Bulldogs - 20

4min to go

Guest Air Bisquit
Congrats to HD Nation!! Y'all did what a lot of people on this board said could not be done.
Congrats to Coach Finney and his staff!!

HD 55 Like I told you on the phone, when he was hired. The man knows how to motivate and he can flat out coach.

Great win tonight. Some shady calls an no calls in this game. The back ups were put in a little early in my opinion or this score would have been much more lopsided. Bulldogs didn't stop fighting though. Figuratively and physically. Overall a great win by the Bobcats. This game should show that the Bobcats are a legitimate playoff contender. Prayers go out to Dustin Welch. Hopefully you make a speedy recovery.

[quote name="Lets Play" post="1325753" timestamp="1352520752"]
Great win tonight. Some shady calls an no calls in this game. The back ups were put in a little early in my opinion or this score would have been much more lopsided. Bulldogs didn't stop fighting though. Figuratively and physically. Overall a great win by the Bobcats. This game should show that the Bobcats are a legitimate playoff contender. Prayers go out to Dustin Welch. Hopefully you make a speedy recovery.
[/quote]

First off speedy recovery to the kid!

2nd, congratulations to Hull-Daisetta for getting the district championship.  All you can do is beat the teams UIL places you with and you guys did that handily.

3rd though, beating Colmesneil does not make you a legitimate playoff contender.  I am not saying Hull-Daisetta isn't, but this win doesn't tell us one way or the other.

They didn't just BEAT Colmesneil... They beat everyone in their district handily. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Daisetta is a very good team. They are clicking on all cylinders and maybe need to fix a few mental mistakes and that's it. Congrats to the Bobcats on a district championship when you were chosen last entering this season.

[quote name="Lets Play" post="1325816" timestamp="1352521688"]
They didn't just BEAT Colmesneil... They beat everyone in their district handily. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Daisetta is a very good team. They are clicking on all cylinders and maybe need to fix a few mental mistakes and that's it. Congrats to the Bobcats on a district championship when you were chosen last entering this season.
[/quote]

I didn't say they weren't a good team.  You said this game shows they are a legitimate playoff contender. I disagree that this game makes them a legitimate contender. To people outside of the Hull-Daisetta faithful, Hull-Daisetta is the weakest of the district champions in region 3 by no fault of their own simply by the district they are in.

I never went to school in the Daisetta school district so being a so called Daisetta faithful I would disagree with. I do though watch and study a lot of football. Daisetta is a good playoff team. We will see what the sceptics say when they do win the first game they play. They were told they weren't good enough at the beginning of the season and they have proved that they are. It just irks me that there are people that would downgrade the success of kids playing a game they love. That's not specifically pointed to your comment but just let the boys enjoy their victories and encourage them to play their hardest on the next game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder