PNG Coaching Staff

Normally I stay on the softball thread but wanted to post something I saw at the Vidor vs PNG game. At half time I was standing where the PNG football team exited the field for half time and near were several young Vidor boys wanting high 5's as the team went into the locker room. No doubt the young kids are little league players themselves and probably plan on playing high school ball later on. Most of the PNG football players were frustrated and upset from the direction of the game and hurried past (understandable) but I saw each PNG coach that passed by smile and give each young boy a high 5. That to me shows alot of class and is worth mentioning. 

[quote name="OBE ONE 88" post="1316808" timestamp="1351868892"]
Normally I stay on the softball thread but wanted to post something I saw at the Vidor vs PNG game. At half time I was standing where the PNG football team exited the field for half time and near were several young Vidor boys wanting high 5's as the team went into the locker room. No doubt the young kids are little league players themselves and probably plan on playing high school ball later on. Most of the PNG football players were frustrated and upset from the direction of the game and hurried past (understandable) but I saw each PNG coach that passed by smile and give each young boy a high 5. That to me shows alot of class and is worth mentioning.
[/quote]

very much so! awesome

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1316809" timestamp="1351869017"]
Always good to hear positve stories. Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]
Ditto!
While we may not be winning many football games right now, Coach Faircloth & company are still teaching these boys how to be young men. In the end, that is a lot bigger than a football game score. Good post OB ONE 88.

Thanks for posting. Coach Faircloth and staff are a good group...thats why I get so irate when people down our coaches on here. I would like to add that the Vidor fans were very helpful and friendly when I was lost and stuck under your bleachers. That 5 foot Indian with the panicked face was me.  ;D

[quote name="OBE ONE 88" post="1316808" timestamp="1351868892"]
[/quote]
8)

[quote name="NDNation" post="1316831" timestamp="1351869931"]
Thanks for posting. Coach Faircloth and staff are a good group...thats why I get so irate when people down our coaches on here. I would like to add that the Vidor fans were very helpful and friendly when I was lost and stuck under your bleachers. That 5 foot Indian with the panicked face was me.  ;D
[/quote]

LOL!!! We only left the stands once to take the kids to the concession stand and it was chaos down there!

It is great to hear positive notes about any coaching staff, they take the brunt of the frustration and mad fans and to me it's irritating because  those same fans are first in line to praise them when the season is good. Indians will be back out on top next year, no doubt.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1316863" timestamp="1351871541"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=105588.msg1316831#msg1316831 date=1351869931]
[/quote]

LOL!!! We only left the stands once to take the kids to the concession stand and it was chaos down there!

It is great to hear positive notes about any coaching staff, they take the brunt of the frustration and mad fans and to me it's irritating because  those same fans are first in line to praise them when the season is good. Indians will be back out on top next year, no doubt.
[/quote]

lol...Ive been to the Boneyard more times than I can count.....somehow I got caught up in the rush of Vidor people and waited in that line by the gate...there were maybe 5 people in purple...I was chit chatting the whole time with Pirate fans...little pirates were all over me...one kid even offered me a blanket.lol. You guys are a jolly friendly group.

they are jolly so long as you aren't from Nederland...lol.

I know everyone is down over at the Reservation this year...look it is just one of those years...they have a quality coaching staff and from the sounds of this, seems like they are good people, too...png will be back in the mix in years to come

[quote name="NDNation" post="1316898" timestamp="1351872608"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=105588.msg1316863#msg1316863 date=1351871541]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=105588.msg1316831#msg1316831 date=1351869931]
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol...Ive been to the Boneyard more times than I can count.....somehow I got caught up in the rush of Vidor people and waited in that line by the gate...there were maybe 5 people in purple...I was chit chatting the whole time with Pirate fans...little pirates were all over me...one kid even offered me a blanket.lol. You guys are a jolly friendly group.
[/quote]

Yes, we are a jolly little bunch. Lol it's always a mass when you walk in. I'm always a nervous wreck trying to keep up with my two kids when walking in!

Great story and very classy act. High school players really don't probably consider themselves role models, but they really are (whether they should be or not). Countless kids watch them on the field or listen to their names being called on the radio and want to be like them. All high school players who are lucky enough to play should visit a Pop Warner or STFL team in their city. Just one "high five" or "way to go" goes a long way.

We live in a GREAT area. Most kids, fans, and coaching staffs are some of the best people you'd ever want to meet.

Thank you for posting this.  It has been a tough year for PN-G football and it is good to hear some positive things coming from the coaching staff.  These men are class acts and are hopefully instilling the importance of showing support and praise to all the up and coming young men that plan on playing the game... no matter what school or town you will be playing for!

While we may not be winning many football games right now, Coach Faircloth & company are still teaching these boys how to be young men. In the end, that is a lot bigger than a football game score. Good post OB ONE 88.
[/quote]

Same can be said about Ozen's coaching staff. Im sure it will be a great game tonight aand good luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder