Summer Creek @ Dayton

Bill

[quote name="dogbite" post="1320464" timestamp="1352095224"]
Dayton did look pretty vulnerable against a down barbers hill team ... while sc throttled the very same team
[/quote]you didn't see either game.... 2 of sc's td's came off of bh miscues where sc got the ball at the 8 and about the 15. That's part of the game, but 24-11 doesn't tell the whole story,. Nor is it usually called a "throttling ".

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dogbite" post="1320423" timestamp="1352090733"]
So if sc pulls the upset, does that put them in a better playoff position playing vidor next?
[/quote]The winner of this game is in a much better part of the bracket to get to the quarterfinals.  #1 state ranked Dawson is on the other side of the bracket.

Dawson is waaaaaay over rated this year. Still a good team, but nowhere near what they've had in the past.

Hey Stepuponthebeatmouth, now I can't remember who you were before you changed your name! I haven't seen "dazed" on here since the infamous beatmouth post. Lol!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1320485" timestamp="1352115064"]
Dawson is waaaaaay over rated this year. Still a good team, but nowhere near what they've had in the past.

Hey Stepuponthebeatmouth, now I can't remember who you were before you changed your name! I haven't seen "dazed" on here since the infamous beatmouth post. Lol!
[/quote]i was Dayton  ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1320485" timestamp="1352115064"]

Hey Stepuponthebeatmouth, now I can't remember who you were before you changed your name! I haven't seen [b]"dazed" on here since the infamous beatmouth post[/b]. Lol!
[/quote]maybe he really got dazed and confused and got lost.. one can only hope....

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1320482" timestamp="1352113864"]
[quote author=MOSSHILL link=topic=105579.msg1320479#msg1320479 date=1352105012]
A field goal by Carranco to win the game.

That would be exciting, to say the least.
[/quote]
Welcome Moss Hill. Love the signature.

If anybody is an underdog in this game it's the Broncos. High School rankings/picks are never very accurate so if any "media" is picking Dayton (which I have not seen by the way) they're guessing. I would value the SETX population for local football knowledge over the Chronicle or Enterprise any day of the week.

I predicted the BH game to be close and it was. A little too close for comfort. This week will be another close game. I'm already on record for saying it will take the Broncos best game of the year to beat SC. Let's hope the Dayton coaches have a plan....and a plan "B" this time.

[b]Sure would like to meet up with the Pirates in the 2nd round. They have much better trash talkers than Nederland. ;D[/b]
[/quote]
8)

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1320534" timestamp="1352124984"]
The Underdogs are going to beat Dayton two weeks straight, 1st SC Bulldawgs win!

1st Round of Playoffs the underdog Nederland Bulldogs beat the [b][size=12pt]Dayton Donkeys!!![/size][/b]
[/quote]

gets better every time you say it!!!

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0hzol7NYd1r0w3u0o1_500.gif[/img]

[quote name="Stepuponthebeatmouth!" post="1320483" timestamp="1352114027"]
[quote author=dogbite link=topic=105579.msg1320464#msg1320464 date=1352095224]
Dayton did look pretty vulnerable against a down barbers hill team ... while sc throttled the very same team
[/quote]you didn't see either game.... 2 of sc's td's came off of bh miscues where sc got the ball at the 8 and about the 15. That's part of the game, but 24-11 doesn't tell the whole story,. Nor is it usually called a "throttling ".
[/quote]

SC ran SIMPLE plays all night....and our QB missed 2 TDs on just those simple plays....BH scored on 2nd string Defense

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1320610" timestamp="1352129285"]
[quote author=Stepuponthebeatmouth! link=topic=105579.msg1320483#msg1320483 date=1352114027]
[/quote]

SC ran SIMPLE plays all night....and our QB missed 2 TDs on just those simple plays....BH scored on 2nd string Defense
[/quote]

BH also dropped (see missed above) a crucial EASY first down reception when they were driving on SC...

The point is, you guys were gonna bust 50 on them.... simple plays or not, your level of execution kept you under 30 with lots of help from BH ;)

[quote name="dayton" post="1320618" timestamp="1352129939"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=105579.msg1320610#msg1320610 date=1352129285]
[quote author=Stepuponthebeatmouth! link=topic=105579.msg1320483#msg1320483 date=1352114027]
[/quote]

[/quote]

BH also dropped (see missed above) a crucial EASY first down reception when they were driving on SC...

The point is, you guys were gonna bust 50 on them.... simple plays or not, your level of execution kept you under 30 with lots of help from BH ;)
[/quote]

Nobody from SC said we would win by 50, go back and look...it prob was someone else....SC had a few drops too, one caused us to punt....you worry about how Dayton couldn't score on BH, only on a busted play, and special teams ;)

I would personally like to see our tall lanky playmaker QB at another position.  Put Keener behind center and go with it.  I think Chambers would benefit the team better not behind the center.  This should have been done earlier in the year IMO.  I think the coaches are still struggling on who to put back there and this is why Dayton's offense is night and day on Friday nights.  Sling the ball down field instead of lateral plays.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1320632" timestamp="1352130580"]
I would personally like to see our [b]tall lanky playmaker QB at another position.[/b]  Put Keener behind center and go with it. [b] I think Chambers would benefit the team better not behind the center.[/b]  This should have been done earlier in the year IMO.  I think the coaches are still struggling on who to put back there and this is why Dayton's offense is night and day on Friday nights.  Sling the ball down field instead of lateral plays.
[/quote] I agree..

[quote name="octfeb" post="1320635" timestamp="1352130659"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=105579.msg1320632#msg1320632 date=1352130580]
I would personally like to see our [b]tall lanky playmaker QB at another position.[/b]  Put Keener behind center and go with it. [b] I think Chambers would benefit the team better not behind the center.[/b]  This should have been done earlier in the year IMO.  I think the coaches are still struggling on who to put back there and this is why Dayton's offense is night and day on Friday nights.  Sling the ball down field instead of lateral plays.
[/quote] I agree..
[/quote]May, why don't they use your pics on the Toups predictions? I waited until they changed it from the Crosby pic to complain so y'all wouldn't think that's the reason why, but you can hardly see any detail in the pictures.

Yall quit worring about BH  ;D and whoever said BH scored on SC second team ...PLEASE>>>>>>>>>If the SC coach had the second team in that would be a very dumb move.  anywho.... I 'm sticking to my prediction that Dayton will win this game by 7. SC is tough, but Dayton will not give you points like BH did and will bring  just as good as a run Defense as BH did. Daytons secondary should be able to cover the pass better and the game is in Dayton (Can you say Home Cooking).

Dayton 21
SC 14

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1320630" timestamp="1352130461"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105579.msg1320618#msg1320618 date=1352129939]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=105579.msg1320610#msg1320610 date=1352129285]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nobody from SC said we would win by 50, go back and look...it prob was someone else....SC had a few drops too, one caused us to punt....you worry about how Dayton couldn't score on BH, only on a busted play, and special teams ;)
[/quote]

Dog pound nation said you were gonna break scoreboards and then later said 50.... I don't need to go back and look. I remember.

You worry about how SC had only 1 sustained drive for a touchdown against BH. 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1320657" timestamp="1352132034"]
Yall quit worring about BH  ;D and whoever said BH scored on SC second team ...PLEASE>>>>>>>>>If the SC coach had the second team in that would be a very dumb move.  anywho.... I 'm sticking to my prediction that Dayton will win this game by 7. SC is tough, but Dayton will not give you points like BH did and will bring  just as good as a run Defense as BH did. Daytons secondary should be able to cover the pass better and the game is in Dayton (Can you say Home Cooking).

Dayton 21
SC 14
[/quote]I knew you were a sensible guy! ;)

This game will have a playoff atmosphere.  Dayton has been there (lord knows we all know that) but can SC handle the big game atmosphere?  I'm still not a believer in Dayton's Offensive system and I know defense wins big games but I'm giving a slight edge to SC....then again home field erases that so.....crap I don't know.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1320670" timestamp="1352132815"]
This game will have a playoff atmosphere.  Dayton has been there (lord knows we all know that) but can SC handle the big game atmosphere?  I'm still not a believer in Dayton's Offensive system and I know defense wins big games but I'm giving a slight edge to SC....then again home field erases that so.....crap I don't know.
[/quote]

trap game?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder