Why?

ram0524

Summer Creek is undefeated and has beaten everyone by a margin of 40 points (avg 52 to 12) ouch. I would suspect they would be higher ranked than Vidor at this point, but both teams suffer from the same issue...They havent really beaten any good teams (SC beat Crosby which is probably there best win).

[quote name="badndn" post="1311998" timestamp="1351352696"]
Summer Creek is undefeated and has beaten everyone by a margin of 40 points (avg 52 to 12) ouch. I would suspect they would be higher ranked than Vidor at this point, but both teams suffer from the same issue...They havent really beaten any good teams (SC beat Crosby which is probably there best win).
[/quote]
Im not asking like why is SC higher than Vidor. I would just think that they would at least be honarably mentioned like a 12 or something

[quote name="badndn" post="1311998" timestamp="1351352696"]
[/quote]

I'm going to agree with that to a certain extent. I think reputation also plays a part in those polls. Schools that have succeeded consistently over the years are expected to again and benefit from that in the polling. Schools that haven't (such as a new schools like SC or schools with little history like Vidor) just have to earn it the hard way. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

Polls, even college polls to an extent, are somewhat based on tradition and popularity, who the pollsters are familiar with. Unfortunately, Vidor does not have the football tradition of some other schools in the region. They should be ranked, they are certainly a talented team.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1312157" timestamp="1351357728"]
Vidor fans need not take it personal just show people what you can do in the playoffs. Now that you have played PNG and my fellow mid-county team Nederland Ill be a Vidor fan the rest of the way.
[/quote]
I'm a Nederland fan, and I'm pulling for them as well. Unless we meet up again.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1312157" timestamp="1351357728"]
Vidor fans need not take it personal just show people what you can do in the playoffs. Now that you have played PNG and my fellow mid-county team Nederland Ill be a Vidor fan the rest of the way.
[/quote]
i don't take it personal. i know how it works. bamakid pretty much nailed it.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1311946" timestamp="1351350687"]
I'm a Nederland guy, but why is Vidor still not ranked? They are killing everybody right now. I know we beat Vidor, but you'd think that they would start to get a little more recognition for what they are doing.
[/quote]

Why would they be ranked?  Example: We have the same record they do, plus we have a history of being ranked, and were not.  Also, Summer Creek and Georgetown are both undefeated and have dominated their opponents, but they arn't ranked either.  That's just how it is.  If they have a problem with it, just continue winning it will sort itself out.  This isn't the BCS.

The rankings have nothing to do with the playoff brackets.  So, I think it's better not to be ranked, especially if historically you haven't been ranked.  Kids just get a big head about the ranking and then some unranked team comes in and beats you because they have something to prove. 

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1312239" timestamp="1351361028"]
uh, before this turns into a ,vidor is complaining thread, it is not. this is another thread started by a non vidor poster. i have been the only one to post and you see what i posted. we know how rankings work and right now they are not a thought in our minds.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^this!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1312227" timestamp="1351360474"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=105323.msg1311946#msg1311946 date=1351350687]
I'm a Nederland guy, but why is Vidor still not ranked? They are killing everybody right now. I know we beat Vidor, but you'd think that they would start to get a little more recognition for what they are doing.
[/quote]

Why would they be ranked?  Example: We have the same record they do, plus we have a history of being ranked, and were not.  Also, Summer Creek and Georgetown are both undefeated and have dominated their opponents, but they arn't ranked either.  That's just how it is.  If they have a problem with it, just continue winning it will sort itself out.  This isn't the BCS.
[/quote]

Brenham, Georgetown and Summer Creek are all ranked in the DCTF top 25.

Although, for the record, I think SC should be ranked higher than they are, and that's one of the points I was making in my previous post.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1312245" timestamp="1351361405"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=105323.msg1312227#msg1312227 date=1351360474]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Although, for the record, I think SC should be ranked higher than they are, and that's one of the points I was making in my previous post.
[/quote]

That's a wishy washy poll.  I'm talking about the one most people, papers & radios go by.  The AP top ten.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1312299" timestamp="1351364349"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=105323.msg1312245#msg1312245 date=1351361405]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=105323.msg1312227#msg1312227 date=1351360474]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a wishy washy poll.  I'm talking about the one most people, papers & radios go by.  The AP top ten.
[/quote]

I don't think Vidor and Brenham are deserving of a top ten ranking, but what's to say the teams we're talking about wouldn't be ranked if the AP did a full top 25?

I tend to favor the DCTF poll just because it does list a full 25 teams, although I agree with the AP top 10 over the DCTF top 10 more often than not. I think Vidor should be in the DCTF top 25 at the very least.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1312305" timestamp="1351364556"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=105323.msg1312299#msg1312299 date=1351364349]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=105323.msg1312245#msg1312245 date=1351361405]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think Vidor and Brenham are deserving of a top ten ranking, but what's to say the teams we're talking about wouldn't be ranked if the AP did a full top 25?

I tend to favor the DCTF poll just because it does list a full 25 teams, although I agree with the AP top 10 over the DCTF top 10 more often than not. I think Vidor should be in the DCTF top 25 at the very least.
[/quote]

I agree.  I don't think Brenham & Vidor are top 10 teams either, but then again I also don't think Dayton & Nederland are.  I like that DCTF is top 25, but as far as credibility, AP is more reliable.

OK here's my thing #1 team Dawson=way overated but they're winning but beatable as is every top 25 in any poll this year.Should I remind you of LaMarque 2 yrs ago thanks to Tx City gets the 4th playoff spot in dist by a hair=title gm w/Aledo(J.Gray) 1st half was very close as LM scored 27 but lost.Next yr 2011 LM is ranked high because of how they finished.So should Vidor be top 20,yep they proved it last yr ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1312319" timestamp="1351365702"]
OK here's my thing #1 team Dawson=way overated but they're winning but beatable as is every top 25 in any poll this year.Should I remind you of LaMarque 2 yrs ago thanks to Tx City gets the 4th playoff spot in dist by a hair=title gm w/Aledo(J.Gray) 1st half was very close as LM scored 27 but lost.Next yr 2011 LM is ranked high because of how they finished.So should Vidor be top 20,yep they proved it [b]last yr[/b] ;)
[/quote]

Key words- Last year
Dawson is overrated.  I agree with that!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1312227" timestamp="1351360474"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think the main complaint is why a one loss Nederland is a top 10 team and a one loss Vidor is doesn't even crack the top 20.  Nothing against Nederland but there close loss to Angleton is not as
impressive since they have lost 2 games by upset.  I believe both loses were too sub-500 teams. 

Plus Vidor had an impressive win against a 5A playoff team.  Actually,  Vidor probably handed Clear Brook it's worse loss of the season.  I understand reputation has a lot to do with rankings.  But if the season ends with Vidor's only loss was a 7 point loss to a top ten team, how could you not give Vidor at least top 20 consideration.  Whether you have a bias or not, it is about wins and what you do on the field.  Just being honest about it.

I think anyone getting "caught up" in polls doesnt really care about the ultimate goal - State champion.  Play football and stay focused.

There is one winner in each division, each classification at the end of the year.  Everyone else ends their seasons losers.  So who cares if you are number 3 in whatever poll AP or DCTF.

Polls give coaches an idea what is across the state of Texas.  Really getting caught up in it is useless.

High school football is not the BCS and it will not help determine if/where we play in a bowl game.

So IMO is useless.  I don't care about being ranked whatever number for whatever week.

Of course, I am old school and believe a 4 team playoff representation of the district is watered down.  If you do something (like win a  district title), it should mean something.

With all that said,

Go Dogs!!!!!

ps Vidor don't get caught up in this and just keep winning!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder