21 3A Predictions

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rake1" post="1376377" timestamp="1361335860"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=105217.msg1376085#msg1376085 date=1361316596]
1. BC
2. Silsbee
3.HF/HJ
Its hard to bet against BC ever when it comes to baseball. More studs moving in this year to replenish what they lost. I think Silsbee will give them a fun game as usual and have a chance, but I dont see anyone taking the district crown from them. As for third I dont know if Buna can do it after losing those players. HF has a bunch of good returning players, and with [b][color=green]Duplant, likely the best pitcher in the district ahead of Guidry[/color][/b], back at HJ you have to think they have a shot. People seem to forget he won super gold mvp as a soph. in a tough 4a district...He will definitely make a huge impact. Gunna be fun, Good Luck Tigers!!!
[/quote]

Seems awful hard to say a player who hasn't thrown a varsity inning in over a year is better than a guy who helped carry his team 4 rounds deep in the playoffs, was in the top 3 in the state in ERA, top 20 in the state in strikeouts, and is signed to play Division 1 baseball. Just an observation. Not saying the talent isn't there but let's be a little more objective how about it?

Rake1
[/quote]
Oh I wasn't taking anything away from Guidry, he's an exceptional pitcher, that's why I put his name in there, he shut my team down last year so I'll be the last one to say anything negative about him, I just think Duplant is better, but you're right he hasn't thrown in a year so we'll see! And congrats to guidry, Where did he sign?

[quote name="stigers12" post="1379248" timestamp="1361814042"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=105217.msg1376377#msg1376377 date=1361335860]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=105217.msg1376085#msg1376085 date=1361316596]
1. BC
2. Silsbee
3.HF/HJ
Its hard to bet against BC ever when it comes to baseball. More studs moving in this year to replenish what they lost. I think Silsbee will give them a fun game as usual and have a chance, but I dont see anyone taking the district crown from them. As for third I dont know if Buna can do it after losing those players. HF has a bunch of good returning players, and with [b][color=green]Duplant, likely the best pitcher in the district ahead of Guidry[/color][/b], back at HJ you have to think they have a shot. People seem to forget he won super gold mvp as a soph. in a tough 4a district...He will definitely make a huge impact. Gunna be fun, Good Luck Tigers!!!
[/quote]

Seems awful hard to say a player who hasn't thrown a varsity inning in over a year is better than a guy who helped carry his team 4 rounds deep in the playoffs, was in the top 3 in the state in ERA, top 20 in the state in strikeouts, and is signed to play Division 1 baseball. Just an observation. Not saying the talent isn't there but let's be a little more objective how about it?

Rake1
[/quote]
Oh I wasn't taking anything away from Guidry, he's an exceptional pitcher, that's why I put his name in there, he shut my team down last year so I'll be the last one to say anything negative about him, I just think Duplant is better, but you're right he hasn't thrown in a year so we'll see! And congrats to guidry, [b]Where did he sign?[/b]
[/quote]

ULL

Its awfull early in the yr to be talking about a pitchers perfomance against whoever, Do you honestly think Duplant ain't had any mound time in over a yr, its really trivial what he or any player does this early in the season, most are still not conditioned....

[quote name="643" post="1379300" timestamp="1361822018"]
Its awfull early in the yr to be talking about a pitchers perfomance against whoever, Do you honestly think Duplant ain't had any mound time in over a yr, its really trivial what he or any player does this early in the season, most are still not conditioned....
[/quote]

Mound time wasn't mentioned.... It was Varsity innings..... Big difference between Mound time in Summer ball and a Live Varsity Game.  IMO

[quote name="643" post="1379300" timestamp="1361822018"]
[/quote]

I agree with the comment about the early season to a degree. Conditioning is a big factor for sure. I would however like to add that some of these guys like Guidry are already throwing against some top notch programs and having success.

And by the way if we want to compare summer innings Guidry wins that one also since he lit it up at East Cobb with the Sundevils. That's about as good as you can get when you talk competition and he more than excelled.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1379313" timestamp="1361824710"]
[quote author=643 link=topic=105217.msg1379300#msg1379300 date=1361822018]
[/quote]

I agree with the comment about the early season to a degree. Conditioning is a big factor for sure. I would however like to add that some of these guys like Guidry are already throwing against some top notch programs and having success.

And by the way if we want to compare summer innings Guidry wins that one also since he lit it up at East Cobb with the Sundevils. That's about as good as you can get when you talk competition and he more than excelled.

Rake1
[/quote]

SAFE travels Rake1 and GOOD luck to those CARDS!!!!

[quote name="#32mom" post="1379341" timestamp="1361830175"]
Who cares if Guidry is better than Duplant or vice versa, they both are good quality players, can't understand while several of you continue to get on the forum and bash Duplant. Get over it, good luck to both of these young men!
[/quote]

LOL.... Did someone create a account to talk smack?...  ;D

[quote name="Critter" post="1379368" timestamp="1361833696"]
[quote author=#32mom link=topic=105217.msg1379341#msg1379341 date=1361830175]
Who cares if Guidry is better than Duplant or vice versa, they both are good quality players, can't understand while several of you continue to get on the forum and bash Duplant. Get over it, good luck to both of these young men!
[/quote]

LOL.... Did someone create a account to talk smack?...  ;D
[/quote]

You consider that smack talk?

Things are looking pretty good in 21-3A .
BC is looking very strong should take the #1 spot
Silsbee also doing very well and Right now Im thinking should be in the #2 spot With HJ being right there also .  So looks to me at this time
1. BC
2. Silsbee  HJ
3. Silsbee  HJ

4. Buna Orangefield
5. Buna Orangefield
6. WOS HF
7. WOS HF
Going to be fun to watch it all Play out

• 3 weeks later...
Things starting to take shape

1. BC / Silsbee
2. BC / Silsbee        It looks as this one will be decided on the last game between these two

3. OF                      is playing some decent ball right now
4. WOS                  has the potential to spoil the season for some of these teams still in the hunt
5. Buna                  Just don't think they will quiet make it to playoffs
6. HJ                      Well Looks Like HJ has not turned out like they hoped they would. That's what not playing better teams in preseason does. it gives false hope. yea you may lose some playing better teams. but you sure get better before district
7. HF

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1379352" timestamp="1361831564"]
Yea guys, why cant we all be friends... These young men have both trained very hatd over the years and deserve much better recognition than this... Duplants better...
[/quote][quote author=Critter link=topic=105217.msg1379268#msg1379268 date=1361816773]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=105217.msg1379248#msg1379248 date=1361814042]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=105217.msg1376377#msg1376377 date=1361335860]
1. BC
2. Silsbee
3.HF/HJ
[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]
Oh I wasn't taking anything away from Guidry, he's an exceptional pitcher, that's why I put his name in there, he shut my team down last year so I'll be the last one to say anything negative about him, I just think Duplant is better, but you're right he hasn't thrown in a year so we'll see! And congrats to guidry, [b]Where did he sign?[/b]
[/quote]

ULL
[/quote]

Guess we will fin out this week!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

OK I have read the previous 90 posts. Now that 3 to 4 district games have been played,  I am anxious to read what the forecasters of 21-3A have to say now. As of today it looks like BC is 3-0, OF is 3-1, Silsbee is 2-1, Buna is 2-2, WOS is 1-2, HF is 1-3 and HJ is 0-3. I have seen some great baseball competitions so far. The one thing I can say is 21-3A has some outstanding HS pitchers but errors and batting have decided several games. So lets step up and give your second best guess on how the 21-3A will finish. By the way I can say OF, HF, WOS, Buna will be battling for the third spot.  I have seen a pitcher get 12 to 14 K's per six innings and lose  2 district games with a 0.00 ERA for the games,  while another pitcher has two K's  and wins 14-1 vs what some predicted to be one of the best pitchers in the area in the previous 90 posts. Baseball is a game of inches and you never know what will happen. We are fortunate to have  some great players, coaches and fans in our district.  But it is fun reading all the fans  telling us what they think will happen.

[b]I am gonna stick with:[/b]
1st BC - Guidry & Pittman on the hill with a bunch waiting in the stable.
2nd Silsbee - Powell one of the best I have seen, can't wait to see Pt. 2 of Guidry vs. Powell

[b]This could go either way for the last playoff spot:[/b]
3rd OF/WOS - OF's Braxton Smith is coming around to be a solid player for the Cats
4th WOS/OF - Solid pitching, just needs more offense

[b]Better luck Next year:[/b]
5th Buna - Welcome to 21-3A, it should only make them a better team in the future.
6th HF - Not sure about pitching but a solid Def.
7th HJ - Pitching?? They need to knock off the rust before it's to late.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476