How crazy would your town be if your school won state?

BADSANTA

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1303614" timestamp="1350585367"]
I think the good people of Silsbee would put together the worlds largest bonfire and party for weeks! Something tells me the entire 6500 people would come out to celebrate!
[/quote]

Caneyhead would even show up ;D ;D

When we won our first football game against Beaumont Forest Park in 1975 after being 0 - 44, Crossroads parking lot overflowed into main street with partiers. There was even a band that showed up on a flatbed (I think it was Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs). This went on until daylight and the Vidor Police just let it go. If Vidor won state that would prove the Mayan calendar wrong because our world would end before December 21st. This had the makings of a great thread.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1303762" timestamp="1350596326"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104851.msg1303758#msg1303758 date=1350596177]
Oh god. I don't even know lol.
[/quote]

They would have to close Vidor down...the celebration could go on for years.
[/quote]
Even though I know your being sarcastic i wouldn't be surprised we did and that did happen lol.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1303762" timestamp="1350596326"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104851.msg1303758#msg1303758 date=1350596177]
[/quote]

[/quote]
lol. you may be right. ;D

[quote name="robanadana" post="1303671" timestamp="1350589062"]
When we won our first football game against Beaumont Forest Park in 1975 after being 0 - 44, Crossroads parking lot overflowed into main street with partiers. There was even a band that showed up on a flatbed (I think it was Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs). This went on until daylight and the Vidor Police just let it go. If Vidor won state that would prove the Mayan calendar wrong because our world would end before December 21st. This had the makings of a great thread.
[/quote]
I could see the headlines now "Vidor Pirates when state 4A championship... no really... FOOTBALL". The celebration starts by men kissing women out of their immediate family and reaches a frenzy riot state when fans storm their front lawns and overturn junk cars causing towing services to work throughout the night. It is estimated that this created $1,000,000.00 worth of improvement to the city.

All joking aside I would be rooting any and all teams in the playoffs, and would love to see someone in SE Texas bring home the trophy.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1303764" timestamp="1350596519"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=104851.msg1303762#msg1303762 date=1350596326]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Even though I know your being sarcastic i wouldn't be surprised we did and that did happen lol.
[/quote]

And then you can do what we do...whip out that state title to talk smack with....comes in handy when your having a down year.

[quote name="Gusher" post="1303768" timestamp="1350596558"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=104851.msg1303671#msg1303671 date=1350589062]
[/quote]
I could see the headlines now "Vidor Pirates when state 4A championship... no really... FOOTBALL". The celebration starts by men kissing women out of their immediate family and reaches a frenzy riot state when fans storm their front lawns and overturn junk cars causing towing services to work throughout the night. It is estimated that this created $1,000,000.00 worth of improvement to the city.

All joking aside I would be rooting any and all teams in the playoffs, and would love to see someone in SE Texas bring home the trophy.
[/quote]
hey,hey,hey.....hey! (in my best Ron White voice) i keep my junk cars in the back yard! ;D

There is nothing like the community excitement that builds and grows as the team traverses through the playoffs and getting ever closer to that title game. Everyone you see locally is talking about it and asking "if your going". The win is unbelievable because it has been proven that that team is THE BEST in the state for an entire year. The community lets out a sigh of relief and celebrates with the team and coaches. It will bring a community together in so many ways. And oh yea, it feels like no other feeling in the world!! Which feeds that want for another starting early the next year. :)

Coldspring would be completely silent.

When we went to state two years ago, everyone left town to go watch the game.  I had a couple of friends who had to miss the game for work, and they sent pictures of town for the entire afternoon of the state game.  It was completely empty.  If we make it back through the playoffs this year, there will be no one around.

[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=104851.msg1303892#msg1303892 date=1350608361]
There is nothing like the community excitement that builds and grows as the team traverses through the playoffs and getting ever closer to that title game. Everyone you see locally is talking about it and asking "if your going". The win is unbelievable because it has been proven that that team is THE BEST in the state for an entire year.

The above statement is so true.But after the win and on the way home it dawned on me that it was over.Kind of a happy sad thing...excited for a moment and then it's history.If you can relate.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1303781" timestamp="1350597392"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104851.msg1303779#msg1303779 date=1350597139]
Port Neches and Groves wouldn't do anything... because both towns would be empty, because everybody would be in Dallas. ;D
[/quote]
i was waiting for this ;D
[/quote]

It's true. Back in 1999, there was a game my dad missed because he was at home sick, so we went without him. During the game, he left the house to get something to eat, and everywhere he went was closed. Sonic? Closed. Dairy Queen? Closed. Billy Joe's? Closed. Pizza Inn? Closed. The only other car he saw in Port Neches was a police car, and he had to drive to Nederland to find something that was open.

I think Nedervilles post game celebration would be fun. I think
there would be a parade and I'm sure a public celebration. I don't think it would be mayhem. We are way way WAY too cool and narcisstic to show that much emotion.

I will say this,,, winning a big playoff game you are not supposed to win is a magical feeling, I speak as a fan. I can't imagine how the players feel. Watching our dogs take down Friendswood was incredible, exhilarating and one of the most powerfully emotional moments of my life. There nothing like the joy of having children but the raw incontrollable emotional release was absolutely indescribable... And don't deny it BULLDOG fans that were there... We were collectively in an absolutely frenzy of noise, bubbles, horns, whistles hugs and cheers. It was awesome. I couldn't talk for a week and my headache the next day was horrible :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder