AP Polls for Week 6, all classifications

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20121008-ap-hs-football-state-polls-desoto-lancaster-hold-no.-2-spots-in-5a-4a-after-week-5.ece

Locals in these polls:

4A

#8 Nederland
#10 Dayton
#14 Summer Creek

3A

#6 WO-S
#17 Coldspring
#19 Center

2A

#3 Newton
#19 East Chambers

1A

#6 West Sabine

WOS #6 nice. as long as were not 1 or 2, I'm happy. Seems like every year we have been in those two spots, we have not done very well. That goes back to when I played in the late 90's. Werent even ranked in 97 untill the last two games of thSeasonn.  eate but lost to LaMarque  3rd round. 98, we were ranked #2 all year and were 1 and done. 99, ranked 2 and didn't make the playoffs. Over the next few years we were ranked somewhere up there, but to prove my point, I'm moving forward to 2004. Ranked number 1 and lost to #2 jasper first game of the season, then one and done. point is we do way better ranked in the middle or not at all.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1295895" timestamp="1349836654"]
Based on that logic, I say lose a game soon, slip out of the top ten and you're sure to win state.  ;D This could be the year the Stangs make some real noise.
[/quote]

That's what we're trying this year, since our past few approaches being state ranked havn't worked.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder